TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz Urethane & SuperDeep Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TaylorMade Golf Company today introduced three new golf balls: RocketBallz Urethane, SuperDeep and a new and improved Burner. All three balls complement the new 5-layer LETHAL ball also announced by TaylorMade.

RocketBallz Urethane incorporates Tour-validated, cast urethane, three-piece construction to promote a penetrating and distance-enhancing flight off the driver, and more spin off the irons for increased workability and higher, longer approach shots that land softly and stop quickly. The soft yet highly resilient core promotes fast ball speed and low spin off the driver; the high-spin mantle works with the cover and core to promote high spin off the irons; and the soft-cast urethane cover promotes the kind of greenside spin and feel that urethane covers are known for. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) is $29.99 per dozen.

“We designed RocketBallz Urethane to deliver the maximum amount of spin and workability on full-swing approach shots to help you hit more greens and stop the ball closer to the hole,” said Dean Snell, vice president of golf ball R&D. The performance is absolutely fantastic at this price point.”

SuperDeep is engineered to deliver on the promise of its name – to go deep and long off every club in the bag. Its two-piece construction consists of TaylorMade’s ultra-fast REACT core and ultra-fast IOTHANE cover that work in conjunction to store and release energy with maximum efficiency, to promote fast ball speed for long distance. Plus, TaylorMade’s renowned LDP (Low Drag Performance) dimple pattern and configuration is engineered to deliver long carry for long distance while also promoting improved performance on driver mis-hits. SuperDeep isn’t just fast and long – it’s also the softest of TaylorMade’s two-piece balls, giving it excellent feel for a distance ball. In addition to white, SuperDeep is available with a translucent yellow cover infused with gold-colored metallic flakes to promote optimal reflection of sunlight for high visibility. MSRP is $19.99 per dozen.

TaylorMade has also upgraded its Burner ball with a new design that combines great distance with extreme durability. The new Burner’s two-piece construction pairs TaylorMade’s high-energy REACT core with an exceptionally durable and shear-resistant IOTHANE cover, resulting in “use it till you lose it” durability. MSRP is $15.99 per dozen, and available in white and translucent yellow.

RocketBallz Urethane, SuperDeep and the new Burner are available at retail and online at taylormadegolf.com beginning 2/1.

Wow. I'm REALLY intrigued by the Rocketballz Urethane.

Rocketballz Urethane is at an excellent sounding price point. I'm quite curious about that ball!

Like the name and really look forward to giving them a try.

Maybe it is Tapatalk, maybe it isn't?!?!

Yeah, those rocketballz urethane sure do sound intriguing. Definitely going to be trying them this year.

I wonder how the urethane balls compare to the Bstone e5's.

Very cool. I want to try the Urethane. At that price it will be hard to beat!

So many new TM products!

It's sounds like the RBZ urethane is replacing the TP3 ball. I'm surprised they haven't replaced the burner line, since the club line is completely gone. It must have quite the following.

Rocketballz Urethane is at an excellent sounding price point. I'm quite curious about that ball!

My jaw dropped when I read that price. I know TM really wants a bigger slice of the ball market, but that is one helluva price point to hit.

I'm with the rest of you. Urethane Ballz for under $30. Intriguing, to say the least.

I agree, I like the sounds of the RBallz Urethane. Can't wait to try a sleeve.

This should be interesting for TM. I think they strayed when they went away from the the old Penta. I thought that ball preformed great. I also liked the TM black and TM Red, both were solid offerings to me. It will interesting to see if they are back on track with their golf balls.

Urethane sounds like a very solid offering at that price point. Hate what TM is doing with naming stuff but they no much better than I if it helps to move product. SuperDeep......uggghhhhh.

Add me to the list of people intrigued by the RBZ U ball.

I suppose this might actually end up with me playing a Ballz one of these days. Have to love the price. The SuperDeep actually sounds pretty good too. I like the soft cores. Also, that color scheme they are offering is very interesting. I want to see it.

I'm with the rest of you. Urethane Ballz for under $30. Intriguing, to say the least.

Yeah. I might pick up a sleeve just to check it out.

Did the RBZ ball take the place of the TP3

Competitive price points. Also, was interested to see that TMAG is doing their version of the high vis yellow ball. Must be gaining market share if they are getting on board. While I dont think these balls are for my game, good to see multiple offerings for various play and reasonable pricepoints.

Rocketballz Urethane sounds like TP-3 (my current gamer) at a $6/dozen savings over the current price....where/when/and how many can I get at once!?!

Hmmm, will have to see what price they end up being over here, but I might give the Urethane balls a try at some point

My jaw dropped when I read that price. I know TM really wants a bigger slice of the ball market, but that is one helluva price point to hit.

Absolutely agree. I was expecting $39.99. Can't wait to give it a try at that price.

Back