Odyssey Putters 2012

Playing 18 tomorrow? Lets set a goal of 26 putts this time. Make it happen!

I didnt keep my stats for the 18 I played on the Browns Thursday but even on those awful greens the Metal X was very good. I scared the hole all day.
Thanks for the pressure...lol. I'll see what I can do, my goal is always to be 30 or less.

Sorry Kmac, 27 putts today.

12 putts on the front, 15 on the back 9 with the MX #7.

Still loving this putter and really can't say enough great things about it. Just he alignment aid is easy to get myself set up on line, and I really can't recall mis-hitting a putt in the round today. Ball just goes in its line and rolls true.

Still loving this putter and really can't say enough great things about it. Just he alignment aid is easy to get myself set up on line, and I really can't recall mis-hitting a putt in the round today. Ball just goes in its line and rolls true.
Dude, thats a great putting round, I would kill to be under 30 putts for a round.

I'm really getting excited for the MetalX DART to get here.

Dude, thats a great putting round, I would kill to be under 30 putts for a round.

I'm really getting excited for the MetalX DART to get here.

Thanks CB, appreciate it. I missed a good bit of greens today, but being able to get up and down, making the 1-putt, was crucial for me today. I don't think I had a putt inside of 8 feet today, nice being able to drain them to save par rather than 2 putt for a bogey.

Thanks CB, appreciate it. I missed a good bit of greens today, but being able to get up and down, making the 1-putt, was crucial for me today. I don't think I had a putt inside of 8 feet today, nice being able to drain them to save par rather than 2 putt for a bogey.
No kidding, putting is killing me right now and I have to get my sh!t together. My last round I hit 14 GIR and had 37 putts. Thats not OK.

I am looking forward to putting a mallet in the bag here soon to see how it affects my putting. I have been putting decent, haven't been counting putting strokes though. But from the time I spent with the ProType #7 at Golfsmith a while back I was really really liking the speed control and the line I was getting, even when comparing it to the ProType blade style putters. I have been a blade style putter for years and haven't ever really thought about switching but based on how I rolled the #7 I am really excited to see what my results are when it gets here.

No kidding, putting is killing me right now and I have to get my sh!t together. My last round I hit 14 GIR and had 37 putts. Thats not OK.

Funny how this game is. I haven't been able to hit a green to save my life in my last two rounds, yet I have been hot with the putter with 25 & 27 putts.

27!?! Dang dude that is panties! If you ever take that #7 out of the bag you're getting check into a clinic. With the exception of future testing of which I know nothing about. lol

27!?! Dang dude that is panties! If you ever take that #7 out of the bag you're getting check into a clinic. With the exception of future testing of which I know nothing about. lol

Haha! I'm really hoping its not the honeymoon phase with it. I didn't think I would ever replace my SeeMore, but going back to mallet style putter has been a nice transition.

Haha! I'm really hoping its not the honeymoon phase with it. I didn't think I would ever replace my SeeMore, but going back to mallet style putter has been a nice transition.

Sometimes I can putt really really well with non mallet whatever it may be but my misses and consistency seem to be so much better with the mallet style. And the #7 is a smaller mallet too.

Dude that is some freaking fantastic putting you have had with this thing. I really want to try one in a bad way!

I was really impressed with the metal x 6 series today at the pro shop. I was impressed by the way the ball felt off the face, I was afraid it would be too tinny like my spider ghost but it was better than expected. If I wasn't hitting my spider ghost so well I would get one of these but it may have to wait.

My dream putter at the moment is the metal x 6 with THP citrus head cover.

Well, after trying out the MX #6 earlier in the week, I went back and rolled the MX#7 just based off how many people love it here and WOW. I wasn't even concentrating on making putts as I had my 2.5 yr old with me and I swear the hole must have had a magnet in it. For some reason the insert felt a lot better this time around and not mushy at all and liked the click it made. Almost walked out with it. Instead Ill wait until Fathers day and see what happens. I'm not much of a mallet guy and think the #7 shape is a bit weird looking but if it works, who cares.

Well, after trying out the MX #6 earlier in the week, I went back and rolled the MX#7 just based off how many people love it here and WOW. I wasn't even concentrating on making putts as I had my 2.5 yr old with me and I swear the hole must have had a magnet in it. For some reason the insert felt a lot better this time around and not mushy at all and liked the click it made. Almost walked out with it. Instead Ill wait until Fathers day and see what happens. I'm not much of a mallet guy and think the #7 shape is a bit weird looking but if it works, who cares.
The #7 is weird shape, that is for sure, but it works so well. I havent spent any time with the #6, seems to be a favorite of a lot of people, so maybe I should give it a roll or two to see how it works. The MX insert is great, and having not played an insert putter in a while, it has be a nice move back. Roll the MX Rossie if you can find one, it was a tough decision between that and the #7, but at the end of the day, I went with my old trusty #7 design.

I dont think the honeymoon ever ends with this putter. I struggled with my pace for about 3 rounds, but a half-hours worth of lag practice on the putting green has me rolling them close again. The #7 style has helped me so much with mis-hits, especially on longer putts. My tendancy is to miss them in on the heel. With my method 001 i'd lose so much distance, but with the MX #7 I hardly even notice it. Gotta love the high MOI in this putter.

It sure is and I couldn't get away from that thought in my head.

The #7 is weird shape, that is for sure, but it works so well. I havent spent any time with the #6, seems to be a favorite of a lot of people, so maybe I should give it a roll or two to see how it works. The MX insert is great, and having not played an insert putter in a while, it has be a nice move back. Roll the MX Rossie if you can find one, it was a tough decision between that and the #7, but at the end of the day, I went with my old trusty #7 design.

I'm a fan of the numero 7 and have one with the White Hot XG insert. What is it about the Metal X that makes it better (if it is better for you)? I'll say that I hit the 2ball Metal X and did think it had a nice little click to it. Not so dead sounding like the White Hot.

It sure is and I couldn't get away from that thought in my head.
The #7 was the first "real" putter that I bought years ago. Before that I had always used my old Tad Moore putter my Dad had given me years ago. I used the #7 for a couple years back then, and rolled it well. So going back to the #7 now for me has been quite easy, weird shape and all.

Definitely easy transition for you for sure

The #7 was the first "real" putter that I bought years ago. Before that I had always used my old Tad Moore putter my Dad had given me years ago. I used the #7 for a couple years back then, and rolled it well. So going back to the #7 now for me has been quite easy, weird shape and all.

I'm a fan of the numero 7 and have one with the White Hot XG insert. What is it about the Metal X that makes it better (if it is better for you)? I'll say that I hit the 2ball Metal X and did think it had a nice little click to it. Not so dead sounding like the White Hot.
For me; I like the sound, and doesnt feel to be as soft as other inserts that I had gamed in the past. I went away from an insert putter to a milled putter, because I liked the harder feel of it as I felt that I controlled my speed and distance better. The MX gives me a pretty close feel to that milled feel that I had gotten used to over the past year.

For me; I like the sound, and doesnt feel to be as soft as other inserts that I had gamed in the past. I went away from an insert putter to a milled putter, because I liked the harder feel of it as I felt that I controlled my speed and distance better. The MX gives me a pretty close feel to that milled feel that I had gotten used to over the past year.

This is something I might just have to have eventually. I really like the shape and have found some really good success with it, especially in that 4-8 range. I'm with you that I do prefer a little more click and the insert really seems to offer that. Once I get back in the swing of things from all the travelling I believe I'll be grabbing one of these. Not a hawkponder either!

I have to agree with WE here. The MX insert is a great blend of the "click" you get with a milled putter and the softness of an insert. I was never a huge fan of inserts because they were too soft and I'd have to really hit the ball to get any pace on it. The white-ice was the closest I came to picking up an insert putter but it was still a touch too soft for me. I also like the technology behind the MX insert, the oval grooves do seem to get the ball rolling quicker without any skidding.

Like the look, I think it was either Johnson or McRoy that I saw using one of these this sunday. I can't but think this putter line as a simular look of the SeeMore line of putters.

I have to agree with WE here. The MX insert is a great blend of the "click" you get with a milled putter and the softness of an insert. I was never a huge fan of inserts because they were too soft and I'd have to really hit the ball to get any pace on it. The white-ice was the closest I came to picking up an insert putter but it was still a touch too soft for me. I also like the technology behind the MX insert, the oval grooves do seem to get the ball rolling quicker without any skidding.
That is what I am struggling with as I am so used to my milled mFGP and at first when I tried out the MX #6 it felt very soft and distance loss was noticable, but I may just get one of the #7's, #6 or try out the rossie.

Back