THP Tour Van - Coming To You - Results

Bit of a skim here fellas but has a date been set for the STL event yet? That is the closest one to me and I would love to try to make it.

Come to NC boys. Would love to get another round in with you Danny, and a first with you War. Of course, I could always get to the ATL too.
Depending on the dates, I will be at one of the two.

Bit of a skim here fellas but has a date been set for the STL event yet? That is the closest one to me and I would love to try to make it.

No dates have been released yet

Looking forward to hearing some dates, so we can get the Des Moines gathering planned out. September should bring some great weather and we have a few top-notch courses to choose from in that area.

I keep waiting for a date so I can get it on my calendar. It'll be my first THP event in person, activate Bart Scott voice, "CAN'T WAIT"!!!

Scared to lose on my home turf, eh? Fwiw, I think SW flies into Des Moines now too.

If that is the case, then it will DEFINITELY be on my radar. Not sure I could pass up on hanging with you and puttin4triple.

If that is the case, then it will DEFINITELY be on my radar. Not sure I could pass up on hanging with you and puttin4triple.

That would be awesome. One other thing to just keep in mind is that American flies direct from DFW to the Quad Cities. I'll be driving over and you could always ride with me. Takes about 2 hours or so.

I don't think there were too many at the Texas Outing actually from Austin...one I know..2 or so maybe?? It was worth the drive 10X. Most of us drove 3-1/2+ hours to Austin from either the Dallas/Ft. Worth or Houston areas. But remember that the Tour Van will drive WAY MORE miles to get close to you AND I bet your MPG is 2 DIGITS whereas the Tour Van's is 1 digit (6 MPG) and diesel by the way.

Don't make the mistake of not making it happen when they're close to you!! I know now (on smaller scale) why people leave the big THP Outing so excited! I wish I hadn't have been so friggin' nervous playing (especially the first day with JB, Jman, TripleBogieTim). I've played better blind folded but at that point didn't care...I just was happy to be there.

I was happy being a THP member, but now I really get it.

Looking forward to hearing some dates, so we can get the Des Moines gathering planned out. September should bring some great weather and we have a few top-notch courses to choose from in that area.
Yes, very much looking forward to this as well. I will need to start the planning if you know what I mean. Hopefully it's not the weekend of the 24th as I'm for sure out then. I'll be going up to Des Moines in August and playing TCI for sure and at least 2 others as well.

I don't think there were too many at the Texas Outing actually from Austin...one I know..2 or so maybe?? It was worth the drive 10X. Most of us drove 3-1/2+ hours to Austin from either the Dallas/Ft. Worth or Houston areas. But remember that the Tour Van will drive WAY MORE miles to get close to you AND I bet your MPG is 2 DIGITS whereas the Tour Van's is 1 digit (6 MPG) and diesel by the way.

Don't make the mistake of not making it happen when they're close to you!! I know now (on smaller scale) why people leave the big THP Outing so excited! I wish I hadn't have been so friggin' nervous playing (especially the first day with JB, Jman, TripleBogieTim). I've played better blind folded but at that point didn't care...I just was happy to be there.

This is it. It really is.

Basically everything I was coming in there to say.

The bottom line is this, if they are within range for you to possibly drive and get there DO IT. Its a heck of a lot harder for them to get there than for you to do so. I came down from Oklaha-friggin-homa to a rival city (damn 'Horns) to do it and crimson HATES burnt orange!

Tremendous people you will get to meet and a tremendous time you will have. Do it.

Hell, I'm going to try another if I can swing it.

The bottom line is this, if they are within range for you to possibly drive and get there DO IT. Its a heck of a lot harder for them to get there than for you to do so. I came down from Oklaha-friggin-homa to a rival city (damn 'Horns) to do it and crimson HATES burnt orange!

Tremendous people you will get to meet and a tremendous time you will have. Do it.

Des Moines.

Yea Jman, Des Moines is the place to be.

Sorry for the potential of a super skim here... but weren't you guys going to be in Nashville in September? Did that get canceled?

Nate- with your connections - I expect to see Pine Valley on the final list :act-up:.

The AC area might work best based on the number of choices available and depending on who is coming from where.

Perhaps Kmac, Hanks, Buck, G4L and the NJ/PA/DE crew should start thinking about where to go for the NJ outing...I'm starting to brainstorm now.

Thank you guys so much. That means a lot to us and it warms our hearts to see the kind of support that is given. If we could, we would drive right to everybody's house, but its just not feasible. Instead we will pick a bunch of cities we think will be a good meeting point and for those that cannot make those, we also offer the annual outing and demo day.

If Nashville is canceled, I may see if I can swing Atlanta.

The bottom line is this, if they are within range for you to possibly drive and get there DO IT. I came down from Oklaha-friggin-homa to a rival city (damn 'Horns) to do it and crimson HATES burnt orange!

Do what you can to make and you will not regret it.

I wish I would have worn my Burnt Orange for you now! Hook em Horns!

Couldn't agree more. I think the other part people are not considering is that this is an opportunity to show your support for the JB and Golfergal for making this forum such a great community. (the other way to show your support is to be an albatross club member :wink:)

Nate- with your connections - I expect to see Pine Valley on the final list :act-up:.

The AC area might work best based on the number of choices available and depending on who is coming from where.

Connections? LOL, I've only been in this sport a little over a year...but Pine Valley would be so penal that it wouldn't be a great outing spot, IMO, even if it has always been a dream of mine to play there someday.

I have to think that there might be a nice links style course along the shore we could do it in, or one of the many tree-wrapped courses that are beautiful in the S Jersey area.

Man, I can't wait for the Atlanta and NC details so I know how much I get to embarrass myself.

After reading the Texas recap thread, I'm really looking forward to hearing the details on the STL stop. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Des Moines is super close... hmmm!

Very cool, I think I can make the ATL stop..nice!

you said....penal.

there's definitely some great courses down by the shore around AC way which would be easy to get to from just about anywhere in the tri-state area and have RV parking nearby

Connections? LOL, I've only been in this sport a little over a year...but Pine Valley would be so penal that it wouldn't be a great outing spot, IMO, even if it has always been a dream of mine to play there someday.

I have to think that there might be a nice links style course along the shore we could do it in, or one of the many tree-wrapped courses that are beautiful in the S Jersey area.

Back