Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've seen lots of new sets still on Ebay though, which is where I would probably buy. Why MB over the CB?

He said MC. It's muscle-cavity. A mix of CB and MB. I believe THP set some sets of them out to members for review. Check out the thread dude.

He said MC. It's muscle-cavity. A mix of CB and MB. I believe THP set some sets of them out to members for review. Check out the thread dude.

Oh, I'm bad at reading. Lol, whoops

Yeah, I've seen lots of new sets still on Ebay though, which is where I would probably buy. Why MB over the CB?

I only said that because the CB was discontinued. The MCs are super nice and still workable. I only hit the CBs a few times and they were too big for what I wanted. I ended up with the MBs and they are great. After my last lesson, I am hitting them so much better. Just my thought though. The CB is nice but if you plan to get better and want to work the ball a little more, the MC might be a better choice.

The MC to me is at the same level as the MP-59 you are looking at. The CB goes more towards the MP-53 area. Just my opinion on it all.

I only said that because the CB was discontinued. The MCs are super nice and still workable. I only hit the CBs a few times and they were too big for what I wanted. I ended up with the MBs and they are great. After my last lesson, I am hitting them so much better. Just my thought though. The CB is nice but if you plan to get better and want to work the ball a little more, the MC might be a better choice.

The MC to me is at the same level as the MP-59 you are looking at. The CB goes more towards the MP-53 area. Just my opinion on it all.

No definitely, I agree with you. I just read it wrong and was confused for a second. MC would be what I'm going for.

No definitely, I agree with you. I just read it wrong and was confused for a second. MC would be what I'm going for.

If you are serious about them, call up Blind9 and they will take care of you. They gave me a great deal and my custom built clubs were here in less than a week!

I don't want to throw a wrench in your pondering but the have you tried the Callaway RAZR X Forged irons? They are definitely worth looking in my opinion.

If you are serious about them, call up Blind9 and they will take care of you. They gave me a great deal and my custom built clubs were here in less than a week!

I don't want to throw a wrench in your pondering but the have you tried the Callaway RAZR X Forged irons? They are definitely worth looking in my opinion.

I have not. I'm going this weekend to hit all the ones I listed and will add those to the list.

I may be a bit partial, but I kind of agree. :act-up:

I posted this the other night but with the server switch it was lost.

I am pondering a new 3 wood to use off the tee. I have hit the RBZ Tour Spoon and the Adams Super Fairway in 13*. I really liked both of them and plan to hit them on a monitor tomorrow. I also want to look at the RAZR Fit. Any others I should for sure look at? I also have no idea which shaft may be best for me. If it helps, I play KBS Tour shafts in stiff in my irons and know I need an X Stiff in my woods, My driver SS is around 115mph and has gotten up around 120 before. I went with Stiff in my irons so I have to slow myself down a little and use a better tempo.

I've had great success with my Diablo Octane tour driver. 9 degrees

I'm in the market for a new hybrid (I don't use any irons higher than 5) and use hybrid as a gap and also would entertain the idea of a new 5 wood. I rarely use fairway woods though due to my driving distance (290-300)

I'm in the market for a new hybrid (I don't use any irons higher than 5) and use hybrid as a gap and also would entertain the idea of a new 5 wood. I rarely use fairway woods though due to my driving distance (290-300)

I am really pleased with my Adams Pro Black 9031 hybrid. I really liked the Adams Proto hybrid as well. I think it is called the Proto G? The 9031 was on clearance for $79 so I went with it over the $200 Proto hybrid. I didn't see a big difference in the two.

You could blow your Dad's mind and tell him that you know some people that carry TWO, yes TWO, 3 woods!

No one would be that crazy!!

I posted this the other night but with the server switch it was lost.

I am pondering a new 3 wood to use off the tee. I have hit the RBZ Tour Spoon and the Adams Super Fairway in 13*. I really liked both of them and plan to hit them on a monitor tomorrow. I also want to look at the RAZR Fit. Any others I should for sure look at? I also have no idea which shaft may be best for me. If it helps, I play KBS Tour shafts in stiff in my irons and know I need an X Stiff in my woods, My driver SS is around 115mph and has gotten up around 120 before. I went with Stiff in my irons so I have to slow myself down a little and use a better tempo.

Mashie TF3 has gotten a lote of love around here. I love my F5. They're hard to find, but I think someone reviewed a TEE 3W that was 11.5˚ a while back. On the home page...

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15670

A more butt stiff driver shaft.

Might be hard to install you in my driver though Rusty, haha

Pfffbt. Where there's a will, there's a way. Plus then you could say awesome things to any future Cadillac's like "If you don't shove off I'm going to icejack you with my Rusty driver". That'll shift 'em right quick.

So I was intrigued by the project x shafts in the marketplace and I was about to buy them and everything but I noticed the shafts may be too short for me. So curiously I called a local retailer who does all of my club work and I ask him how much it would cost me to get new shafts, he says 45 per each club and grip I was surprised, at those prices, I might just sacrifice having a shorter shaft and buy the set cause he said if I buy them online used he would charge less than $15 with new grip per club. I seriously am pondering some cheap new shafts. Will one inch really make a difference if I get my lie adjusted to compensate?

Pfffbt. Where there's a will, there's a way. Plus then you could say awesome things to any future Cadillac's like "If you don't shove off I'm going to icejack you with my Rusty driver". That'll shift 'em right quick.

There is something a bit disturbing about this.

So I was intrigued by the project x shafts in the marketplace and I was about to buy them and everything but I noticed the shafts may be too short for me. So curiously I called a local retailer who does all of my club work and I ask him how much it would cost me to get new shafts, he says 45 per each club and grip I was surprised, at those prices, I might just sacrifice having a shorter shaft and buy the set cause he said if I buy them online used he would charge less than $15 with new grip per club. I seriously am pondering some cheap new shafts. Will one inch really make a difference if I get my lie adjusted to compensate?

An inch is pretty substantial, I don't think that would be a good move.

Tapin for bird

An inch is pretty substantial, I don't think that would be a good move.

Tapin for bird

Great then my question is answered thank you Wake!

I may have to look into some other shafts or just wait till I get new irons since the up charge is substantially cheaper!

Great then my question is answered thank you Wake!

I may have to look into some other shafts or just wait till I get new irons since the up charge is substantially cheaper!

Could you use a shaft extender on each shaft?

SeeMore mFGP CS in black gunmetal
TM R11S 9* w/RIP Phenom stiff shaft

Just waiting for the right deals to come along.....

Could you use a shaft extender on each shaft?

By coincidence, I get emails offering shaft extenders once in a while, but I still might be hard to install in a driver.

SeeMore mFGP CS in black gunmetal
TM R11S 9* w/RIP Phenom stiff shaft

Just waiting for the right deals to come along.....

SeeMore... no clue where you'd find a deal. Talking to a rep would be my best guess.

R11S... DawgDaddy posted one for $319 a few days ago. I'd imagine more weekend deals like that will be around all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back