Contest - The Players Championship [Spoilers]

That's a valid point.

I have feeling he's going to get hit with the penalty today and Miller is going to snap. He was so pissed yesterday when Hicks corrected him on the warning/penalty/fine.

I hate to bag on the guy cause I have OCD pretty badly as well and I know how frustrating certain mental blocks can be. It's just not fair to put other people through your personal problems.

Slow play is rampant and he is only one of many offenders but the yelling and ridiculous antics need to stop.It's just like Tiger being a D Bag and throwing/dropping clubs.

Poor Kuchar. Atleast he and ZJ are great friends and maybe ZJ told him what to expect so he can bring something to do in the 15 minutes between his shots.

I hate to bag on the guy cause I have OCD pretty badly as well and I know how frustrating certain mental blocks can be. It's just not fair to put other people through your personal problems.

Slow play is rampant and he is only one of many offenders but the yelling and ridiculous antics need to stop.It's just like Tiger being a D Bag and throwing/dropping clubs.

Poor Kuchar. Atleast he and ZJ are great friends and maybe ZJ told him what to expect so he can bring something to do in the 15 minutes between his shots.

I like Kuchar a lot. I bet of anyone can block it out he can. If he can't do it then it's probably not possible.

Honest question Jrod and other MC1ers. If you wouldve known ahead of time that the slow player was honestly TRYING to play faster, would it have helped to lessen the frustration? Or is it the end result all that matters?

Honest question Jrod and other MC1ers. If you wouldve known ahead of time that the slow player was honestly TRYING to play faster, would it have helped to lessen the frustration? Or is it the end result all that matters?

Good question. Maybe so, but the problem with that person was he honestly didn't think he had a pace of play problem. I think if there is that much of a problem you need to fix it somewhere else before ruining something for everyone else.

That's alot more difficult for a touring professional as there is no way to really simulate tournament golf. I might have to think more on this and get back to you. Great question.

Good question. Maybe so, but the problem with that person was he honestly didn't think he had a pace of play problem. I think if there is that much of a problem you need to fix it somewhere else before ruining something for everyone else.

That's alot more difficult for a touring professional as there is no way to really simulate tournament golf. I might have to think more on this and get back to you. Great question.

I appreciate the honesty. I am sure it wouldve helped in the planning aspects of the groups if the extent of the slowness was known ahead of time.

Slow play doesn't seem to bother me like it did others, especially once I'm out there. Man, I have two kids under the age of 4, I have a fast paced job, and I carry a lot of stress, so I have the philosophy that any time I'm out on the golf course, especially with friends, I just don't get too worked up over stuff. I'm also a smoker, so I can kill time by smoking, LOL

I saw it really bother a few folks though. So much that they literally couldn't focus on their golf game. Slow play can literally handicap certain golfers and I think that's the problem with guys like Kevin Na and Ben Crane.

Slow play doesn't seem to bother me like it did others, especially once I'm out there. Man, I have two kids under the age of 4, I have a fast paced job, and I carry a lot of stress, so I have the philosophy that any time I'm out on the golf course, especially with friends, I just don't get too worked up over stuff. I'm also a smoker, so I can kill time by smoking, LOL

I saw it really bother a few folks though. So much that they literally couldn't focus on their golf game. Slow play can literally handicap certain golfers and I think that's the problem with guys like Kevin Na and Ben Crane.

I can deal with "slower" play, but when the marshall tells you you need to hurry the eff up after 3 holes? Yah, I can't deal with that. Maybe I am a mental midget or something.

One other thing: if slow play affects your game I would think it is a mental issue (not being able to focus, etc), and I know a lot of people have to deal with that, which isn't a big deal. But isn't it weird that they're trying to get Kevin Na to overcome a mental issue so that they don't have to deal with theirs?

If I'm wrong, please let me know. I'm just guessing that's the case, it may not be.

Looking forward to being home in a few hours and being able to watch today's coverage.

Pulling for Kuch or RF to get it done. No thanks to Na....

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Just turned on the golf channel to hear Feherty say that Tiger is getting tired of people telling him what to do and what not to do, and that he doesn't blame him..

Me too. Just let him golf. Focus your media efforts on some of the other great young talent moving up the ladder.

Playing devil's advocate, one could say that its just as much of a mental flaw for faster / normal players that slow play affects them so much. I consider myself a fairly quick player (once I find my ball in the rough), but I'm just trying to hear both sides of the argument since it is such a big issue in all levels of golf.

Looking forward to being home in a few hours and being able to watch today's coverage.

Pulling for Kuch or RF to get it done. No thanks to Na....

I'm kind of sad you didn't say "Nah for Na" Cookie haha

Playing devil's advocate, one could say that its just as much of a mental flaw for faster / normal players that slow play affects them so much. I consider myself a fairly quick player (once I find my ball in the rough), but just trying to hear both sides of the argument since it is such a big issue on tour.

I just said essentially the same thing a few posts up, lol. I sort of like this argument though. It makes sense, to me at least.

One other thing: if slow play affects your game I would think it is a mental issue (not being able to focus, etc), and I know a lot of people have to deal with that, which isn't a big deal. But isn't it weird that they're trying to get Kevin Na to overcome a mental issue so that they don't have to deal with theirs?

If I'm wrong, please let me know. I'm just guessing that's the case, it may not be.

I hope this is a troll or a joke.

Personally I have things I need to do on weekends other than spend 6-7 hours on a golf course. As far as a professional goes they have a rhythm also and watching some guy take whiff swings and yell at himself would be uncomfortable for just about everyone I would imagine. The slow play is awful but I think the antics are the worst of it.

I can deal with "slower" play, but when the marshall tells you you need to hurry the eff up after 3 holes? Yah, I can't deal with that. Maybe I am a mental midget or something.

LOL, dude, I was behind you guys, don't forget. I know it was bad and in hindsight I'm sure they would've just gone off last. It's a shame it all panned out like that.

Playing devil's advocate, one could say that its just as much of a mental flaw for faster / normal players that slow play affects them so much. I consider myself a fairly quick player (once I find my ball in the rough), but I'm just trying to hear both sides of the argument since it is such a big issue in all levels of golf.

Well, we don't really have people out there timing us as amateurs so I believe it's our job to encourage someone to speed it up. I wouldn't really call it a mental flaw, but I think one should prepare themselves to have to deal with that sort of lag. My old man can't handle being held up at all. It absolutely ruins him.

I heard them say last night that a guy has 60 seconds once he approches his ball for his approach shot, and the guy shooting second has 40 seconds. They did not mention anything for the green or tee shot, is it the same or different?

This is true, however they fail to take into the consideration of the 2 minutes it takes these guys doing practice swings away from their ball (hello Foger) and talking with their caddies. And unfortunately, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the time on the green.

Your wrong. :D
Pace of play is part of the rules. The issue is how it is being timed and when it is being timed, but I dont know a single golf course that does not have a pace of play rule and they do on every major golf tour as well.

I hope this is a troll or a joke.

Personally I have things I need to do on weekends other than spend 6-7 hours on a golf course. As far as a professional goes they have a rhythm also and watching some guy take whiff swings and yell at himself would be uncomfortable for just about everyone I would imagine.

It wasn't. It's the other side of the argument. Ddxu just brought up the same thing I think. Like you just said last night, being aggressive gets you nowhere. You could at least try to see this side of it. Or don't. It doesn't really matter all that much to me. Or Kevin Na.

Your wrong. :D
Pace of play is part of the rules. The issue is how it is being timed and when it is being timed, but I dont know a single golf course that does not have a pace of play rule and they do on every major golf tour as well.

This makes sense to me, though that wasn't the argument being brought up by some others. What you say makes sense. I say if he breaks a rule, penalize him. Maybe they should even change the rule (what you're saying). But to complain about him instead of the rules when he isn't breaking rules is different.

It wasn't. It's the other side of the argument. Ddxu just brought up the same thing I think. Like you just said last night, being aggressive gets you nowhere. You could at least try to see this side of it. Or don't. It doesn't really matter all that much to me. Or Kevin Na.

Yep and right there lies the problem. It doesn't bother you or Kevin Na so he will continue to be inconsiderate to his playing partners. Thank you for making my point. :alien:

Hopefully they start penalizing shots and you will see a real meltdown.

This makes sense to me, though that wasn't the argument being brought up by some others. What you say makes sense. I say if he breaks a rule, penalize him. Maybe they should even change the rule (what you're saying). But to complain about him instead of the rules when he isn't breaking rules is different.

That is the entire problem. He is breaking the rules. So are 15 or so other guys every single week. Instead of penalizing them, they put them on the clock. Then if they do it two more times, they get a penalty. The clock does not even carry over to the next day in a tournament, so they reset it. So what takes the PGA Tour 9 holes to put someone on teh clock, only allows 9 more holes for a total of 3 "penalties" to asses a stroke. It makes no sense. It also makes no sense that there seems to be no rules at all on the green. Also makes no sense again that the rule only applies to once you address the ball. This gives certain guys a major pass and only penalizes those like Na and others.

Yep and right there lies the problem. It doesn't bother you or Kevin Na so he will continue to be inconsiderate to his playing partners. Thank you for making my point. :alien:

Hopefully they start penalizing shots and you will see a real meltdown.

Yup. I think complaining about the rules would be more apt to the situation. Na is simply using the rules to their fullest extent. Lol.

He IS breaking the rules. To be even put on the clock, you are breaking the rules.

Is there someone on here that waggles like a lunatic before every shot that can actually explain why it's so necessary?

I shuffle my feet a bit before I swing, but that's only because I'm trying to adjust my line.. I never understood the need to waggle, especially when I hear from Na that he has to do it in pairs.. It's just foreign logic to me.. Like someone turning a light on and off three times before leaving a room.

I really dont blame the Tour management, more the players on the Competition Committee. They could adjust the rules like JB suggested and then it would be up to the rules officials to enforce it. There just doesnt seem to be urgency from the Competition Committee. We all know how the rules would already be changed if Tigger was a fast player and was the one complaining about the pace.

Back