New to the Board. Certified golf nut in Galveston area!

wjmcfarl

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I realize I did this out of order but figured it was better a late than never to introduce myself.

My name is William, I live in Dickinson just South East of Houston. Started playing about 1.5 years ago and started with a double par handicap and have it down to just above 18 now. Really enjoy this crazy game and THP. I have been lurking here for a while but just never joined.

Golf has now taken the place of my fishing addiction that I enjoyed for 26.5 years, lol. I will still stick it to the trouts and redfish but most days I would just rather be playing golf.

I am a big Taylormade irons fan and a Callaway driver and woods fan. Just bought two sets of RBZ irons. One set has graphite regular shaft which I am spraying all over the place but mostly right and I just got back home from picking up a used set of stiff steel shaft RBZ irons to see if I can dial it in a little better. I don't mind a little distance loss for better accuracy. May just sell both the RBZ's and keep the Burner XD's because I know almost exactly where those are gonna go even with the regular graphite shafts. :banghead:

Long intro to say: glad to be here!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: glad to have you aboard William.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. We are headed that way in the THP Tour Van (Dallas to be exact) in a couple of months.

welcome to THP!

Sounds like your perfect for this site! Welcome to the club fellow Texan!

:wavey:

Welcome.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!

welcome to THP

Welcome!! You will enjoy the forum!

Welcome! I went to Galveston in May 2011. It was destroyed a neat area to say the least

Thanks y'all for the welcome!

Welcome! I went to Galveston in May 2011. It was destroyed a neat area to say the least

Yeah, it is still in rebuilding mode. I have to say, Moody Gardens golf course is back and playing well though.

I work at UTMB as a Family Medicine resident so I try and play when I get the time. I am working nights now and should be sleeping but too excited over my new clubs!

Welcome aboard William! You should fit right in here so glad to have ya.

Welcome to THP!

Thanks y'all for the welcome!

Yeah, it is still in rebuilding mode. I have to say, Moody Gardens golf course is back and playing well though.

I work at UTMB as a Family Medicine resident so I try and play when I get the time. I am working nights now and should be sleeping but too excited over my new clubs!

Very different place and culture from where I am (freaking South Dakota) but good time though. My uncle had a gift shop on the main drag he just sold within the year I believe. Never saw the golf course when I was there

Welcome William to :thp:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! You'll love it here.

Welcome aboard.

Back