Birthday weekend ruined..

VolForLife

Reaction score
Handicap
18.1 OOB
Was out at Fairways and Greens today, and while stepping up for a put my knee buckled (A regular thing for me). The only bad thing was when I went down I put my weight on my putter and it completely bent it! So much for playing this weekend. Home course doesn't have rentals and I'm the only lefty in my foursome.

Rant over.

sorry to hear this man. how come your knee buckles often?

sorry to hear this man. how come your knee buckles often?

I have a torn meniscus in my right knee (High School Football Injury) and it just happens every now and again.

Just go to a putt putt course and grab a bullseye.

Just go to a putt putt course and grab a bullseye.

Haha, that would definitely be interesting. Thinking I might just have to try to putt with my 4i

I have plenty of putters glad to give you one but I'm not heading up to Ktown anyway soon. How about a Odyssey DF X two ball blade? Great shape almost never used with cover.

If anyone is coming down to Chattanooga or Cleveland I can meet them with the putter. Or anyone going to Knoxville from around here, let me know.

That's almost the exact putter I had gotten so adjusted to. I appreciate the offer as well, but I won't be making that trip before this weekend. Class and work.

I have a torn meniscus in my right knee (High School Football Injury) and it just happens every now and again.

You might want to get that taken care of...

You might want to get that taken care of...

I'm going to this summer, after school lets out. I never really noticed it until school started back this year. I abandoned my bike at home and decided to start walking across campus.

I had that exact same injury a year or two ago and man was it a pain in the arse. It wasn't bad enough for the doc to do surgery and it did heal itself eventually in my case.

My doc believes that the reason it hasn't healed itself if because, even though I stopped playing football, I never stopped coaching the game. I coach the OL for a JR. High team and I find myself running as many plays as the kids do when I"m teaching them how to block.

I had that exact same injury a year or two ago and man was it a pain in the arse. It wasn't bad enough for the doc to do surgery and it did heal itself eventually in my case.

Generally it's a pain in the knee. (rimshot)

That's almost the exact putter I had gotten so adjusted to. I appreciate the offer as well, but I won't be making that trip before this weekend. Class and work.

shoot me a pm with ship address

I think that meniscus must eventually just wear down smooth. Eventually enough stuff wears away that you can get a metal knee with plastic pad. (like my right knee is now)

The way they described it to me, I'll have a knee replacement by 35. I'll turn 21 Sunday, so that's still a ways off, haha. PM'ed you, btw.

Was out at Fairways and Greens today, and while stepping up for a put my knee buckled (A regular thing for me). The only bad thing was when I went down I put my weight on my putter and it completely bent it! So much for playing this weekend. Home course doesn't have rentals and I'm the only lefty in my foursome.

Rant over.

Putt with the leading edge of your sand wedge, I practice that all the time. The shot comes in very handy when you ball is resting against a high collar around the green. It is actually a lot of fun and you will be amazed at how accurate you will get.

I may just give that a shot Dawg. I've done something similar with my PW off the lip of a green.

Sorry about ya knee Vol and I know all about knee problems. I've had two surgeries on the same knee and a third one (total knee replacement) waiting in the wings. I will have it operated on when I turn 65 if it can last, which I seriously doubt. Having a bad knee is not much help for a good foundation in the golf swing. :beat-up:

Well, on your 21st, I don't think you'll feel that knee pain.

The way they described it to me, I'll have a knee replacement by 35. I'll turn 21 Sunday, so that's still a ways off, haha. PM'ed you, btw.

Unless technology changes a lot, you don't want a TKR at 35. They only claim to last about 15 years before needing redo.

Maybe you will have a putter by the weekend. It's not that far to Maryville.

If you have a hybrid club laying around, you might try that as an emergency putter.
I've had both knees worked on multiple times, so I feel your pain.
Good luck with your recovery!

Sorry to hear that dude. I hope you get it worked out.

I just had the third injection of Synvisc into my knee this morning, it is supposed to last about 6 months before getting three more. The stuff works pretty good, still flashes of pain when step wrong but much stiffness and pain after playing is pretty much gone.

This might sound silly but why don't you use one of the right handed putters being used by someone in your group. It means you still get to play and who knows you may become a better putter.

I know lots of guys who play right handed and putt left handed

I'm a lefty and forgot my putter in my bag,had to use a right hander and did about the same...........bottom line ,good thing it wasn't a 3 hybrid!!
Get that knee fixed!

Back