Birdies...how often are you getting them?

Golfshot tells me that out of the past 20 rounds, 11% of my holes have been birdies. It also tells me that 12% have been double or worse, oops.

John Deere Tap'n

Staples just ignore that second stat! i block that when i look at my stats! lol

I don't have any stats like Staples. But I'd say that I've been getting at least 1 per round. Most I've had in a round this year is 4. Problem is those damn blow up holes.

Staples just ignore that second stat! i block that when i look at my stats! lol

Haha. I definitely need to do that. I really enjoyed my round last week that included 4 birds, an eagle, and a quad bogey on a par 4.

John Deere Tap'n

Through 47 rounds of golf in 2012, I'm averaging 1.62 per round, which is just awful considering that in that same time span I am averaging 12.02 greens in regulation. I have days like yesterday, where I hit 16 GIR's and didn't manage one birdie. The most I've had in one round is 7. I would like to do that more often.

Dude. Have a talk with that putter. You get to less than 30 putts and you're going to be under par a lot.

I usually get 1 on one of the par fives at my club. Any more are a bonus. I will have days where I make 3, even 4, a couple times each year.

Kevin

Dude. Have a talk with that putter. You get to less than 30 putts and you're going to be under par a lot.

I usually get 1 on one of the par fives at my club. Any more are a bonus. I will have days where I make 3, even 4, a couple times each year.

Kevin

I know. The putter is frustrating me lately. Well, for the past couple of months.

I usually average 2 per round. Then again I'll go a few rounds without any. Yesterday I had 4. Go figure.

I never seem to get them...I go several rounds without one, then maybe get 1 or 2. Then several more without.

What is your frequency of scoring the wonderful birdie? I myself am a low 80s player, dipping into the 70s from time to time and for me I usually get at least 1 bird per round sometimes 2 and sometimes none with my record being 4. So for me the reason I shoot the scores is do is because of minimizing the bogeys and not necessarily getting lots of birdies. My putting is horrible and I miss lots and lots of birdie putts in what I consider "make-able" birdie putt distance of about 15-20'. I just want to hear how others fare on the course with regards to your frequency of getting birdies.
HAHA, this sounds exactly like me! However, I'm actually quite good from 15-20'. The kicker? I have trouble with the knee knockers to finish off for par. I was horrendous early this year, but now I'm just okay. I need to figure out my tempo and just keep practicing that.

I track and save my scores online with my phone GPS and I average .5 birdies per round hehe. It looks like I birdie as often as I double bogey which composes for < 6% of my score. I'm a par/bogey golfer. I par 56% of the time, bogey 30% and then there's the rest...

My best, since I typically only have time to play 9 hole is 3 birdies after 9.

I know. The putter is frustrating me lately. Well, for the past couple of months.

I had a couple years like that about 6 or 7 years ago. Only I would three puts 4 or 5 times and hit 15 greens. Made me take up fishing for a year or two. At least you're making pars.

Kevin

For me birdies are fewer and far between, maybe only 1 or two a round, but more recently they've been showing up more than the used to!!!

I'm usually good for a couple per round. I may have that banner round every once in a while where I'll get 4 or 5 and follow with the appropriate number of bogies just to keep me humble and show me I haven't arrived lol.

Usually not a lot...maybe 1 ever 3-4 rounds. Although my last round I had 2...back to back. That was pretty cool.

1 a round is good, 2 in a round happens, but not as much as I would like! I'd say half the time I get a birdie in a round.

Lately I haven't had more than 3 in a round. At the 1st of the year I was very up and down, making 3-5 birdies a round but then offsetting with bogeys. I've toned down the bogeys lately but the larger number of birdies hasn't come back.

According to my Upro (my stats through 70 rounds YTD):

Eagle or better: 1% (13 eagles this year!!!)
Birdie: 13% of my holes
Par: 69%
Bogey: 14%
Double +: 3% (These are killing me this year!!!)

I'm well under 1 per round. I think I have like 4 birdies this whole season.

I'd say I'm right with the others in my HC range, I feel like I average one per round. My best is 3 a round and have done that twice. Last week was the second and got my first back to back birdies!

I definitely focus more on par and the smart play, most of my birdies come from a well executed par 5 (i.e. a good chip) or a honed in par 3.

I am averaging one birdie every 24 holes this year.

I putt pretty well, but I only hit 6 greens in regulation a round. That number is the reason I don't make birdies... it has nothing to do with my putting :(.

I think I would rather have TC's problems...

I'll normally get about 2 or 3 a round. Some rounds I don't have any and some I have more. Saturday afternoon I had 3 on the back nine alone. Saturday morning I didn't have any on the whole round.

I get streaky. I had a round 3 weeks ago where after 5 holes, I was 3 under par. Had 6 birdies in that round and still shot even par....the bogeys and doubles are killing me...

Last weekend, I had 17 pars and 1 bogey (a bunch of birdie looks, but not a single converted--most two putts were tap ins). Probably my most predictable round I have played. I missed a few greens, but the wedge game saved my bacon time and again with tap ins...

Two rounds ago my steak or having a biried per round ended. I had a birdie each round for 6 rounds but I average a birdie every other round. As someone said before, my scoring low 9for me) is based on limitting the bad rather than an abundance of good.

I average 2 per round. The most I've ever had is 5 in one round, my personal best of shooting 74 on a 7000 yd track and then last friday I posted a 76 on a 7100 yd track neting 3 birdies, 2 dbls, 3 bogeys. So go figure.

I tend to get birdies at least one every other round, I suck haha.

BUT, I must admit, the ATV has helped a lot!

Well up until this year I was averaging maybe a birdie a year, this year I have 3 so far and OOB has me at 0.91% of my holes are birdies

Golfshot tells me that out of the past 20 rounds, 11% of my holes have been birdies. It also tells me that 12% have been double or worse, oops.

John Deere Tap'n

In my last 20 rounds, I'm at 9% birdies, 35% bogies, 11% doubles. If I look back at my best rounds, with one exception they feature one double at most. I had 5 birdies in a round recently, and no doubles. Until 17, which is a par 5, and I was in the fairway (oy!). Also had a 3 birdie back 9 for a 35, unfortunately it was after a 40 on the front.

Putting, putting, putting. I'm practicing my short game 75% of the time now, and putting is 60% of my short game practice. I'm hoping to turn doubles into bogeys and bogeys into pars even more than I'm worried about turning pars into birdies.

Lefty with 6 eagles! Dude, that's sweet. I had 3 last summer (one was inches from being double eagle), 2 were in one week. Congrats to threeboys, too - 3 birds and an eagle must have looked nice on that scorecard.

My girlfriend draws birds and eagles on the scorecard when I make them. I always keep those scorecards.

Back