Hirzl Golf Gloves Review - THP Demo Day

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As part of the 2012 THP Demo Day, Hirzl provided gloves for each attendee for them to use for the weekend. This is the place for you to post your review and thoughts on the glove.

First off a huge thanks to Hirzl for supplying gloves for everyone. It was great to see a company step up and get their products in the hands of real golfers for an entire weekend.

I used this glove all day Friday at demo day, 9 holes on friday, and for most of the golf played on the weekend. Towards Sunday on switched to a Bionic because my hands were pretty sore so I needed the extra padding. For as many swings as I took with it throughout the weekend I thought it showed very good durability. I can't even think of a time that my hand slipped while gripping the club. I ended up going a size down from a M/L to a M, it just fit better.

Pros: Very comfortable fit, offers superior grip, and durability. Didn't feel too thick which was nice.
Cons: Wasn't a big fan of the cuff at the bottom of the grip. Just seemed to rub up against my wrist a little funny. Nothing that would keep me from buying another though.

I really fell in love with this glove! I am so excited that they did a Demo Day testing with THP. From demo day on, I wore this glove the whole weekend. I didn't have a single issue with grip or over sweating through demo day and 18 holes. I also wore it for 45 holes the next day.

I thought it preformed as great has my high dollar Taylormade glove. I expect it to last much longer too, from the testing reviews here on THP. That was one big problem. with the TM glove. It only lasted a month or so.

Thanks so much Hirzl for allowing us to demo your gloves.

This was the first experience I've had with the Hirlz glove line. My first impression is man do these things run long in the fingers. I wouldnt say the gloves run 'big' in size because the hand part seemed pretty normal to me, but the fingers are just longer than the Nike or FJ gloves I've used in the past.

The feature I liked the best was the mesh sections on the top of the hand. This let the glove breathe a bit, which was needed down in the heat and humidity. After a full demo day, this thing show very little wear and the palm leather still looks brand new.

bd88cce1.jpg

The feature I liked the least (and probably my biggest complaint) is how they stitched the leather sections together on the left forefinger. I use an interlocking grip so the top outside knuckle of my right ring finger was getting raw because it would rub on this seam during every shot. Granted, I didnt notice it during the first few hours of the day, but after the par 3 challenge, it was bothering me. This area wouldve been hard to tape up too because it was directly on the knuckle, not on the section between knuckles.

f68b9ae4.jpg

Big thanks to Hirlz for supporting the Demo Day

I used this glove for the entire outing. i thought it was comfortable and despite how much I was sweating, not once did I have any slipping issues for any swing I took all weekend. I'm not sure if it will supplant the Bionic as my favorite glove, but its certainly in the running. Used it again last night for my league match and it was so humid out. Again, no problems and it helped me thoroughly thump my opponent.

To this point, it seems to be very durable, After hundreds of swings, I don't see any appreciable wear in the palm or finger areas. There is some sweat staining in the leather areas but other than that, its seems in perfect shape.

I really enjoyed my Hirzl glove that I received in my demo day goody bag. As I made my way to the range I packed a few things. I brought 32ounces of water, sunscreen, a couple small towels and 4 gloves. From my experience of hitting balls in the southern humidity I knew that I was going to need to switch gloves throughout the day to keep my hands dry. The crazy thing was I never touched one of my foot joy gloves all day on Friday. I used my Hirzl glove for almost six hours of constant demoing and never once did I think about switching to another glove. It was dry and comfortable and extremely durable. They have certainly found a new fan in this hacker!

first off, thank you to Hirzl. There was a ton of gloves, it was nice that there were so many people could pick the correct size. I knew we were getting it so I didnt bring a glove to demo day and the Hirzl was perfect for the job. Apparently the cart guys liked the glove as well because they nabbed SW's golve off his bag. I love the feel of the glove, it is a little thicker than I am used to though. I did game it most of the weekend, but just like Florida golf I had to switch gloves every couple of holes due to sweat.

Hirlz glove line: I don't wear a glove at all unless it's January or February and I may put on winter gloves to protect my hands from the cold windy conditions. With that said these gloves could change my mind. They are super soft, comfortable, and provide some serious anti slip action. If I was and I may be, a full time golf glove wearer, these would be on the top of my list. I have heard they last a long time so this glove will get some serious testing time for the summer golf season. Thanks Hirlz for your generosity and a great product!

Man, that box was packed gloves.

One thing you'll get from a Hirzl is some amazing durabitlity and great traction. I was hitting balls in the rain with no issues at all for a short time during demo day. They tend to stretch a bit as your hands sweat, so I'd recommend looking a size smaller. They do seem to hold moisture to the point that they feel a little squishy on the inside if you sweat much, but my hand never got too hot. Thanks for providing the gloves!

Man, that box was packed gloves.

One thing you'll get from a Hirzl is some amazing durabitlity and great traction. I was hitting balls in the rain with no issues at all for a short time during demo day. They tend to stretch a bit as your hands sweat, so I'd recommend looking a size smaller. They do seem to hold moisture to the point that they feel a little squishy on the inside if you sweat much, but my hand never got too hot. Thanks for providing the gloves!

completely agree!!!

I am a firm believer in Hirzl gloves. I tend to overgrip sometimes, so I wear out gloves at an alarming pace. After reading the forum testing I picked up a Hirzl glove last fall and haven't looked back. They are just so durable and the grip they provide is unreal. I find them to be very comfortable and cool, and its the only glove I don't have to change out every few hole due to grip concerns.

I wore the glove Hirzl gave us all weekend with zero issues. I played 72 holes plus demo day and never once did a club slip, and the glove shows no signs of wear.

Thanks for the great glove Hirzl.

Just a comment, I typically wear a medium and prefer the medium cadet in the Hirzl. Also for thsoe that might have found the palm a little thick. Hirzl also offers the trust control model which is closer to a traditional glove in thickness, but still with superior grip and durability.

I had gamed this glove prior to the outing but also got one there like everyone else. I am someone that does not sweat too much but I also prefer to always have a dry glove on when playing. With that said, I keep 2-3 gloves in circulation during a round so that anyone of them does not get too wet for what I prefer.

Durability & feel: this glove covers both needs for me. The Hirzl I had previously has been in use for over 6 months with other gloves used during a round and it is still going strong. I am not big on "feel" so to speak but I can say that this glove is not too thick or too thin. It is also a glove that has not hardened on me after getting wet like some do. I have used this in the rain before with zero issues as it remains quite tacky in the black areas through the hand with no noticeable slippage.

I am very thankful to Hirzl for supporting the THP Outing and glad to have been able to get another one of these to add to my stable of gloves. They are more on the costly side for gloves at $25 but worth every penny as I have not been going through a new one every few months as I had before with some manufacturers.

Thanks for the glove. Nice of Hirzl to provide them. I liked the durability of the glove. The palm felt like it would wear well. Mine seemed long in the fingers and a little loose in the palm so sizing may be an issue. I am not a fan of the black palm, probably just not used to looking down and seeing that. The glove did not get too warm or get soaked from sweat. The material seems a little too thick for me as I'm used to playing with a thin material and do not take my glove off for putting. I think this glove would be good for someone that has wear/abrasion issues.

First off thank you Hirzl and THP for the opportunity to use the glove and provide feedback.
Upon open the the medium, my usual size I found the fingers to be tad bit too long so I grabbed a small and it was a much better fit. Actually very comfortable, that tight snug fit I look for in my gloves. I was feeling pretty good as I started hitting balls.
Each club felt like an extension of my hand because of the grip and feel of the glove. As the morning wore on and humidity started doing its best sauna impression, I began to water the ground around me with sweat. The cuff on the glove was acting as a catch all for any sweat on my left forearm. It wasn't long before the inside of the glove was damp and then wet by lunch. I continued to use the glove through out the entire demo day session and at the end of the day it was pretty saturated.
The excess moisture in the glove started to rub on the outer palm opposite my thumb. I was constantly pulling and adjusting the glove from this point forward. I live and play in extreme humidity 7 months out of the year and if this is the pattern I would have to shy away from the glove. If I was in a more temperate climate I can see this glove as constant companion.
I was unable to wear the glove for the 36 hole marathon on Saturday so I went with my usual gamer and t held up great with very little moisture other than the back of my hand near the velcro. For 90 plus days a glove that is not as heavy as the Hirzl may be better for me but as a spring, fall or winter glove I could see myself pulling it out again.
Thank you again for providing the gloves and supporting THP.

Thanks to Hirzl for providing the gloves, plenty of sizes to pick from

The glove seemed to be much more durable than the typical cheap Nike ones I buy from DIck's that last's 15 rounds or so and my thumb starts popping through on the left hand. No issues at all with the fit, had great support and no wear issues when I was done for the weekend. Looking forward to seeing how long this glove will last compared to the ones I typically use.

A big thanks to Hirzl for providing these to us for the Demo Day!

I used this glove the entire weekend, and cant not say one bad thing about it. The ML size was a perfect fit for me. Playing down here during the Summer, I can go through a glove in one round and then trash it because it's been well used. I didnt find that with the Hirzl. I found that the Mesh top of the glove really kept my hand cool at times, and noticed that my hand was sweating less than with my regular glove. I played a ton of golf, as well as hit a ton on the range at the demo day, and looking at my glove last night, it still looks brand new!

I know some have talked about it being expensive for a glove, but if it lasts like folks say it does, I am sold on it!

Thanks to Hirzl for letting all of us test their gloves. I went with the M/L, since that is what I get in FJs. The glove fit perfect when I first put it on, but after a couple hours I felt like I was constantly adjusting it. Mine was pretty saturated, and felt like it was stretched out a little. I still had a good grip on the club and felt fine using the glove, just got a little rubbing on my left index finger. This is probably a sizing issue, and I would try a medium next time. All in all, I think it is a solid glove, and I am going to throw it in the washer this week and see if it shrinks back.

Thanks again to Hirzl for the opportunity to test the glove. I first tried on an XL and it was a bit too big for my hand, however, the L was nice and snug. I normally sweat pretty heavy and this glove stood up to the test. While there were some grey spots showing where I had sweated, I never once lost a bit of grip or had the glove be too loose to control. The glove stayed nice and snug throughout the entire weekend and held up quite nicely. I normally rub through the thumb of my Footjoy's after 5-6 rounds but with the Hirzl, thumb doesn't even look used. The back of the glove also had a large portion of mesh which allowed my hand to breathe a bit easier.

This was one of the best gloves that I have used when I tested them a few months ago and it lived up to that yet again. I will be using this glove until it wears out then ordering more. Easily worth the money.

Hirlz glove line: I don't wear a glove at all unless it's January or February and I may put on winter gloves to protect my hands from the cold windy conditions. With that said these gloves could change my mind. They are super soft, comfortable, and provide some serious anti slip action. If I was and I may be, a full time golf glove wearer, these would be on the top of my list. I have heard they last a long time so this glove will get some serious testing time for the summer golf season. Thanks Hirlz for your generosity and a great product!

OG,
I was the same way about never wearing a glove and the Hirzl sure converted me into a regular glove user when I tested it for THP last year. Don't get me wrong, I still play a few rounds without a glove, but I always make sure my Hirzl is in my bag and at the ready.

First of all, thanks to Hirzl for sending gloves out for all the attendees.

This is my third Hirzl glove, so I have spent the better part of the past 9-10 months using this line, and I continue to be impressed by most everything about the gloves. These do run a touch larger than some other brands. I typically wear an XXL in either Footjoy or Taylormade/Adidas gloves, but an XL Hirzl fits quite comfortably. Having rather large hands, there are brands that I cannot find a comfortable fitting size at all, but the Hirzl fits very nicely.

While I know that these gloves are a bit more expensive than other lines ($25-$30), they really are worth it due to the outstanding grip and durability. I cannot remember ever having a club slip while wearing the Hirzl glove during the outing, and I can tell you it is great having one less thing to even have to consider going wrong. I wore the glove for the entire Demo Day and the two outing rounds I played after receiving it, and other than some sweat staining, it still feels new. I believe the first one I got during testing last year held up for easily 10 rounds and 40 range sessions before I replaced it with a new one. Considering other gloves last me 3-4 rounds and 10-15 range sessions, the cost factor gets negated pretty quickly. This really is a glove that grips even more when wet, so no need worry about gripping a sweating water cup or anything. Even getting wet though, the glove retained it's shap very well, and only stretched out very minimally through use.

My only complaint, which is too strong of a word here, was that even with the breathable fabric on the back, my hand got pretty toasty in there...of course, we were in the direct sun with high temps and humidity.

I now have two used Hirzl gloves (finally threw away the original), and I plan on using nothing but those two to get through this golf year. Along with SeeMore and SCOR, this to me is one of the great companies and products that need to get more exposure to the average golfers.

I've been looking at these, but I can never find them in store and they're always too expensive with shipping and such. I really hope to find one someday to try out. Awesome of Hirzl to provide gloves for the whole Outing. Thanks!

I've been looking at these, but I can never find them in store and they're always too expensive with shipping and such. I really hope to find one someday to try out. Awesome of Hirzl to provide gloves for the whole Outing. Thanks!

Golf galaxy and Edwin watts usually carry them. Next time they offer free shipping jump on it.

If not I can mail you one, cost should be minimal.

This was my first experience with a Hirzl glove. I used the Control model, I believe. First off big props to them for taking a chance and sending that many gloves to be tested in the harshest conditions that most of us would be/will be in all year, Demo Day. I have to say I left largely unimpressed with the glove I had. I had a hard time finding a glove that felt comfortable on my hand. I like my glove to be very tight against my hand and my palm and had a hard time finding a fix that I like. I finally settles on I think I Medium size, but it felt alittle loose in the palm to me and a touch long in the wrist area. I hated the cuff to begin with, but after a while I didn't really notice it. I didn't like have the bottom of the glove (the black grippy part) was stitched to the top leather section. I use a 10 finger grip and it would rubbed my right pinky raw, which blistered a little anyway, but it was a very uncomfortable feel for me. Over time the cuff area seemed to be a collection area for dirt and sweat. I also felt that my hand sweated a little more in this glove, and also became kind of slick and squishy. But this was also an issue with Titleist Perm-Soft glove that I used as well, and anyone who played in my groupings over the weekend, probably noticed my 2 glove rotation. Grip in the rain was excellent as I did hit several balls is a faily hard rain. Never felt like I was going to lose control of the club or that I was going to have an issue holding the club. This was probably my favorite part of this glove, but probably the only thing I liked about this glove.

Overall, will I be searching these out and using them? No. I have to say the fit and feel just wasn't there for me with this glove. Would I use it in a light rain, maybe. But over all I think its a quality product, but just not for me and my golfing needs.

Thanks Hirzl for the gloves. I wore the Hirzl glove for the entire demo day, 9 holes after the demo day and one round on Saturday.

Positives: Even though I sweated significantly in the glove due to the Florida heat, the glove remained very comfortable and kept an appropriate amount of feel/grip on the club. I would say this was superior to other gloves I wear. It remained in good shape after all that use as well!

Note: My glove stretched a bit within an hour of putting it on. In the future, I will size down with Hirtzl gloves to get the most beneficial experience.

Unfortunately I got to use my hirzl glove for a little bit on demo day and 9 holes before some sticky fingers snatched it up. What I did like about it was how well it worked during the little rain shower we had late during demo day. Never once did I feel like the club wasn't secure in my hand.

I do wonder how it would work down here in the heat and humidity of summer since it is a little thicker than most other gloves. Of course I would have been able to answer that by Sunday, but things happen.

Thank you Hirzl for sending out sooo many gloves for THP'rs to try out this weekend and going forward.

Back