Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wade is ridiculous. Wade > James.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Nobody can stop the Heat in transition. That was sick.

If its called against Miami, its just a foul. If its called against Indiana, its a flagrant. I kid I kid.

And to elaborate on that one step further.. If its called on MWP, dude deserved it for his past. idiot

Yeah bro. Ok lets reverse it Wade to James. Whaaattttttttt!!!!!

That was awesome too. When they're clicking they're awesome.

Also, I love Dwayne Wade's circus shots sometimes. They look amazing sometimes and ridiculous (bad) others.

Hansbrough made a play for the ball. Haslem did not.

I hate the Heat. I hate how they get Coach K like treatment out there on the floor. Unbelievable. They might as well be in the bonus before the first tip.

Im a Heat fan and I was shocked haslem didnt get thrown out of the game for that. Im sure he wont play tomorrow night though. But did anybody see Hanbrough's follow through and scratching up around D-Wades face and eye area. Yes he hit the ball but the follow through came AFTER making contact with the ball. Hanbrough DESERVED the Flagrant, and he deserved the Haslem 2 hand chop as well. It's ok in Baseball to protect your teamates, why not in basketball? Lets not forget that Indiana initiated all the tough guy smack talking from the opening tip Game 1.

Because I hate the Heat. LOL

I rarely watch any of these games to be honest. I'm going to assume the Heat make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I hope they get the Celtics. Some fiery veterans who play physical. I think the Hear are a bunch of softy, panzies.

I would agree that the Heat are a more beat you in transition type of team. They dont claim to be tough guys, but Haslem is a legit tough guy. Not dirty but he's a tough guy in the mold of late 80's early 90's NBA. I resect Boston, I love Doc he's a GREAT coach, Pierce is a killer on the court and Ray Allen will shoot the lights out. I have no respect for KG though, he is the biggest fake tough guy in the league. I googled KG fake tough guy and all sorts of things come up, I like this blurb the most. This is from Celticstown.com and I agree 100%

I’ve spent a lot of time pondering the fact that Garnett does a lot of huffing and puffing, and also that his most memorable displays of trash talk and tough-guy behavior have always been to the league’s weaklings. Jose Calderon, Anthony Peeler, Rick Reickert (who?), Jerryd Bayless — the list of weak opponents that KG has scuffled with seemingly never ends.
On the other hand, whenever someone KG’s size stands up to him (read: Zaza Pachulia or Antonio McDyess) KG backs away. Real or not, the perception exists that KG is the classic playground bully. As long as he’s picking on tiny nerds with glasses, the majority says, then KG acts like a tough guy. But the second someone as big as Garnett steps in the ring, KG runs in the other direction.

Because I hate the Heat. LOL

I rarely watch any of these games to be honest. I'm going to assume the Heat make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I hope they get the Celtics. Some fiery veterans who play physical. I think the Hear are a bunch of softy, panzies.

I really want to see OKC get the ring this year. But I think the Spurs are going to do it to be honest. They are just playing lights out.

I really want to see OKC get the ring this year. But I think the Spurs are going to do it to be honest. They are just playing lights out.

The Spurs are scary good right now!

This Spurs-Thunder series will likely be the best ball we watch all season. Both teams are playing so well right now. I can't wait for it to kick off on Sunday.

I don't know how many of you guys played competitive basketball, but there's always one thing you're taught when it comes to contending or commiting a foul on someone who drives the lane, and that's to go after the ball and by no means let them get the shot off. I reckon that's what Hansbrough did. It's pretty obvious he made a play for the basketball at least. I'm sure his momentum is what made the foul look worse than it actually was.

I'd love to see the Thunder bounce the Spurs.

I don't know how many of you guys played competitive basketball, but there's always one thing you're taught when it comes to contending or commiting a foul on someone who drives the lane, and that's to go after the ball and by no means let them get the shot off. I reckon that's what Hansbrough did. It's pretty obvious he made a play for the basketball at least. I'm sure his momentum is what made the foul look worse than it actually was.

I'd love to see the Thunder bounce the Spurs.

I didnt play competitive TC but man I played a lot of ball growing up and honestly, its something you do out of respect for everyone on the court. You may play physical, talk trash but you always respect the health of teh other plays. I hate seeing crap like what Haslem did and Artest has done.

No Blood No Foul............oh wait

I played competitive basketball pretty much my entire life all the way through junior college. You guys are both right, you always try to make a play for the ball. But there is another unwritten rule that if you hard fould a teams best player, you better believe someone's coming after you next. Hansbrough opened up a gash on D-Wade's head that looked like he took a punch in a title fight. Please watch the replay, AFTER the ball is contacted Hansbrough scratched at the head area of D-Wade. I have blocked my share of shots and all of them have been with an open hand. The Pacers coach should've protected his player and sat Hansbrough down for a while. He didnt do that and Hansbrough got a hard foul. Which he took the brunt of that foul on the shoulders, lets stop acting as though Haslem picked him up and suplexed him at half court or something. Hansbrough hit his foul shots and continued playing. The league will hahnd out suspensions and be done with it. If haslem is suspended I believe hansbrough should be also. There I said it.

I think that's a fair enough assessment. I've watched the video a few times and I can see where the gripe from a Heat fan would come from. For sure.

You really think the TH foul was as bad as the Haslem foul? Im going out on a limb and guessing you have a rooting interest in one of these teams? One guy made a play for the ball and his force continued. Was it a hard foul? Absolutely. Was it over the line? I didnt think so. Definitely a playoff foul. He hit the ball first and continued on to make sure he held him in check. Cuts dont show how hard a foul is. A simple nail scratch can open a guy wide open, but that does not mean its a flagrant. Both COULD be viewed as too hard, but one was at the ball and one was just blatant retaliation.

While we are at it, can someone for the love of gawd, get a certain someone to stop throwing his elbows 6 times a game. If aMWP throws elbows like the King does, he would get ejected even more than he does now.

You really think the TH foul was as bad as the Haslem foul? Im going out on a limb and guessing you have a rooting interest in one of these teams? One guy made a play for the ball and his force continued. Was it a hard foul? Absolutely. Was it over the line? I didnt think so. Definitely a playoff foul. He hit the ball first and continued on to make sure he held him in check. Cuts dont show how hard a foul is. A simple nail scratch can open a guy wide open, but that does not mean its a flagrant. Both COULD be viewed as too hard, but one was at the ball and one was just blatant retaliation.

While we are at it, can someone for the love of gawd, get a certain someone to stop throwing his elbows 6 times a game. If aMWP throws elbows like the King does, he would get ejected even more than he does now.

Yup! Im a Heat fan otherwise I wouldnt care. The NBA has always protected it's stars. A bench player hard fouls a star player and in retaliation another bench player fouls a bench player. Now the Pittman foul was bush league and has no place in the league. And if LBJ needs to stop throwing elbows, maybe kafe tough guy Granger should stop grabbing and holding. This isnt football.

I think that's a fair enough assessment. I've watched the video a few times and I can see where the gripe from a Heat fan would come from. For sure.

Im probably over emotional as a Heat fan and LeBron apologist! LOL

Haha oh MWP.. That's funny

In response to other posts in soccer we were always taught: either the man or the ball get by you, never both.. Hence my only red card haha

Sent from my iPhone

Yup! Im a Heat fan otherwise I wouldnt care. The NBA has always protected it's stars. A bench player hard fouls a star player and in retaliation another bench player fouls a bench player. Now the Pittman foul was bush league and has no place in the league. And if LBJ needs to stop throwing elbows, maybe kafe tough guy Granger should stop grabbing and holding. This isnt football.

Im not a Pacers fan and said nothing about Granger. However holding and grabbing is part of playoff basketball. Has been for decades. However elbows getting thrown 6 times a game and never getting a single call is ridiculous. Someone coughs on the dude, elbows fly out as if he was getting shanked in the shower.

Im not a Pacers fan and said nothing about Granger. However holding and grabbing is part of playoff basketball. Has been for decades. However elbows getting thrown 6 times a game and never getting a single call is ridiculous. Someone coughs on the dude, elbows fly out as if he was getting shanked in the shower.

So let me get this straight, you want a call on a player NOT making contact with an elbow? But holding and grabbing is playoff basketball???

How about both teams just go out and play basketball? Thats what the Heat were doing, UNTIL Indiana started all the tough guy antics and hard fouls. Even Roy Hibbert was quoted as saying The Heat is just responding to our physical play. I think he hit the nail on the head.

But did anybody see Hanbrough's follow through and scratching up around D-Wades face and eye area. Yes he hit the ball but the follow through came AFTER making contact with the ball. Hanbrough DESERVED the Flagrant, and he deserved the Haslem 2 hand chop as well. It's ok in Baseball to protect your teamates, why not in basketball? Lets not forget that Indiana initiated all the tough guy smack talking from the opening tip Game 1.

Well said Ron. People forget this is playoff basketball. Haslem was sticking up for Wade. The Heat are tired of being bullied by an inferior team. Granger looks like a fake tough guy. Can't even tape up the ankle and finish the game. Now that is soft and even Larry Bird said so.

I'd love to see what Bill Lambeer would've done to Hansbrough if he hacked Isaiah.

He'd get Knocked the eff out. They don't call him Psycho T for nothing. He's corn fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back