Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami has a very good chance of winning tonight but they can't afford to let the celts get those cheap lose ball rebounds and second chances. It's tough to win on the road but on the road in Boston is just a little tougher.
I just don't see lebron closing when it counts.

Miami has a very good chance of winning tonight but they can't afford to let the celts get those cheap lose ball rebounds and second chances. It's tough to win on the road but on the road in Boston is just a little tougher.
I just don't see lebron closing when it counts.

Magic and Wilbon were talking about this with the "other JB" and they were showing highlights of lack of effort. Wade & James not running back hard on turnovers, etc. I have always had issues with Rondo doing the same thing at times. It has given the Celtics team at least a handful of points each game on lack of effort. I dont think those players do that in the next game. I think James and Wade give it all.

Flopping leads to bad karma....I kid I kid

Does that mean the heat are doomed too?
LBJ has done some serious acting in these playoffs

One way of looking at it is that this series could be over if the Celtics had gotten a couple of different breaks in Game 2. However, I choose to take your view and I'm still very frightened by Miami tonight. Bosh is going to play more than in Game 5, and that will definitely help them out. A lot of people don't think that Boston will lose at home because they do not want to go back to Miami and the crowd will be a huge factor, but it's not like Miami has no chance tonight.

It's only one stat, but the Heat we -12 with Bosh on the floor last game. I think introducing him with big minutes is going to disrupt what little flow they have managed to develop on offense the last few games. I just don't see what spolstra is doing as a coach. Doc is always out calling plays and managing the team and it would appear on the surface that spolstra is letting LBJ/Wade do whatever they want. It's a "pick-up" offense.

One way of looking at it is that this series could be over if the Celtics had gotten a couple of different breaks in Game 2. However, I choose to take your view and I'm still very frightened by Miami tonight. Bosh is going to play more than in Game 5, and that will definitely help them out. A lot of people don't think that Boston will lose at home because they do not want to go back to Miami and the crowd will be a huge factor, but it's not like Miami has no chance tonight.

Was that the game Pierce fouled out? I completely agree with you and said it before too, this series very well could have been over by now with a few breaks or some more Pierce in OT.

Magic and Wilbon were talking about this with the "other JB" and they were showing highlights of lack of effort. Wade & James not running back hard on turnovers, etc. I have always had issues with Rondo doing the same thing at times. It has given the Celtics team at least a handful of points each game on lack of effort. I dont think those players do that in the next game. I think James and Wade give it all.

I truly hope they do. I'd like to see a game 7 and I'd like to see the heat win with this team.

Just heard it this morning, but guess this kid is going viral on his comments about the Heat loss in game 6 which was caught on camera as the Heat went into the locker room. He's 9 years old and is having to answer questions about if he was being genuine about saying, "Good Job, Good Effort". Unreal. It is funny once you hear it (and pretend like he is mocking James and Wade):

and now the internet is taking off with it:

cc10a79396f9d2ca9054fdb191c6494d_original.jpg

gjge1.jpg

And someone is even making shirts:

miami-heat-good-effort.jpg

Awe yes, I remember hearing that. Those photo with good job and good effort on the back or their jerseys is priceless!!

I still crack up at OKC being "stolen". Seattle didn't pony up for a new arena, period. THEY lost the team and they were on the brink of it before Bennett and his group ever bought them.

Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think the heat are gonna come out with a great deal of effort in game 6. In game 5, the Heat outplayed the celtics in every category EXCEPT effort. That is unacceptable in the platoffs and i am sure they are aware of it.

The only thing id be concerned with if i was the heat would be that rondo/allen/Pierce all had a pretty dismal shooting performance in game 5. I wouldnt be counting on a night like that again.

Funny, Spolestra said Bosh "might" start Game 6. Why is there a might? He's your 3rd best player and is looking quite healthy. Get him on the floor.

I think tonight's game is going to go a lot like last night's. Huge start by the visitors to take a massive lead with the home team chipping away and winning it late.

I think some people need to go back to about page 170 and read the comments. Quite funny to look back on those post game two comments IMO.

Based on going back some pages, the unbeatable were defeated last night. Great win for the state of OK. They better get used to this though, this team is that darn good.

I don't remember anyone saying they were unbeatable. I said they were the best team in the league at the time, and they were. But they lost their mojo in a big way and couldn't recover. Last night was a good game, I wish some calls wouldn't have been made but the Spurs didn't handle their business and lost.

I'm also disappointed this is an unwatchable finals for me, I can't support a team that was stolen from another city, I'm anti-Boston for all sports, and I have made it clear how I feel about the Heat haha.

I think some people need to go back to about page 170 and read the comments. Quite funny to look back on those post game two comments IMO.

I said the same thing this morning. See above. The "Sweep prediction" and the "Durant is not a closer joke" were my favs.

I still crack up at OKC being "stolen". Seattle didn't pony up for a new arena, period. THEY lost the team and they were on the brink of it before Bennett and his group ever bought them.

Get over it.

If you think Bennett and his group actually made an effort on good faith to keep the team in Seattle I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you. I guess your viewpoints changes if you're a fan of the team.

I said the same thing this morning. See above.

Indeed, there was some humble pie eaten methinks. lol

I'm afraid too! I bet I was a catalyst too all that..

If you think Bennett and his group actually made an effort on good faith to keep the team in Seattle I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you. I guess your viewpoints changes if you're a fan of the team.

Seattle had YEARS before Bennett bought to get it done. Its their fault no matter how you shake it.

Frankly I don't care, they aren't the Supersonics any more, they are OKC through and through. Oh, and they won 4 in a row against the team you wrote into the finals versus the Heat after two games of each series. I'd hold off on the ole predictions myself.

Now, off to golf, have a nice day!

Indeed, there was some humble pie eaten methinks. lol
I gave the thunder credit for the win though, would you like me to grovel.

Dear Jman, can you ever forgive me for feeling that the Spurs were going to win the series after two solid victories? Can you ever forgive me? I hope you can one day recover from all the vicious words I directed at your team that you only kind of like based off your previous statements.

Get over it.

I agree that Seattle didn't want to pay for a new arena....but there are those that would counter that Bennett never wanted to try to keep the team in Seattle, even though on the surface they were negotiating with the city of Seattle after the purchase went through to get a new arena. The atmosphere in OKC is really great and I don't think that anyone is upset with the fans of that team, but there is still residual anger in Seattle towards the ownership group of OKC.

I said the same thing this morning. See above. The "Sweep prediction" and the "Durant is not a closer joke" were my favs.

Durant not a closer was unfounded, but after Game 2 of this series, the Spurs had won 20 in a row, they looked like a juggernaut. The shift that occurred in this series was amazing.

I agree that Seattle didn't want to pay for a new arena....but there are those that would counter that Bennett never wanted to try to keep the team in Seattle, even though on the surface they were negotiating with the city of Seattle after the purchase went through to get a new arena. The atmosphere in OKC is really great and I don't think that anyone is upset with the fans of that team, but there is still residual anger in Seattle towards the ownership group of OKC.

That is true, however being close to this one, I can tell you that even before the Bennett deal, this city was not going to get a new arena. The team was in desperate need of one. Seattle had chances (for years) to keep this team.

Durant not a closer was unfounded, but after Game 2 of this series, the Spurs had won 20 in a row, they looked like a juggernaut. The shift that occurred in this series was amazing.

Agreed, but most of the stuff that was said, was pretty funny...hehe

That is true, however being close to this one, I can tell you that even before the Bennett deal, this city was not going to get a new arena. The team was in desperate need of one. Seattle had chances (for years) to keep this team.

Agreed, but most of the stuff that was said, was pretty funny...hehe

I'm not sure what I said that was so outlandish at the time. The only thing negative I said about the team were the comments about Brooks, and Damaikis joke about Durant.

I'm not sure what I said that was so outlandish at the time. The only thing negative I said about the team were the comments about Brooks, and Damaikis joke about Durant.

I swear I have gone back through my posts and I still dont recall a single time singling you out or directing my post at your thoughts.

Does the thunder being in the finals make you root for any particular team in the east? I know for me I would have loved to see a Celtics/Spurs matchup, but now that OKC is through, I really want to see MIA/OKC duke it out.

I swear I have gone back through my posts and I still dont recall a single time singling you out or directing my post at your thoughts.
Maybe I'm going back and forth between this and my essay too much, but if you were not trying to call me out on the post you quoted yourself, jman and my post then I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back