2013 Master trip help

Jasonlj

Reaction score
Handicap
Will be making my 1st trip to a Masters practice round this year. Where is a reasonable place to stay? Thinking of trying to get tickets for Tuesday also and was wondering about how much they scalp for? Thanks for any help.

There are some Motel 6's, Best Western, etc. off 1-20 and Washington Rd that leads to the course. Depending on how many of you are going, people also rent their houses for some of the week in the neighborhood near the course. Check Craigs List. Something to look into.

The bad news is that every motel in the Augusta area pretty much scalps their rooms Masters week - around triple the normal rate. Coming from Kentucky, you probalbly would want to stay somewhere just east of Atlanta if the motel pricing is an issue.

Tuesday tickets in recent years probably scalped for $400 each give or take some - the face prices for daily tix rose to $75 from $36 in the recent past, so that scalp price might have also increased. Also, living here I am hearing that housing demand is up this year from recent years, so demand for rooms and tickets may be up this year.

On the positive side, parking at the National is quite extensive and free, and food prices inside are frankly quite cheap - like $1 sodas and $2.50 sandwiches.

I would be glad to answer any other Masters queries you have - I have lived here over 35 years, and have been to probably 50 practice and tournament rounds thru the years. If my hip allows me I will probably go either Monday or Tuesday this year. Last year I passed up a free Tuesday ticket because of hip issues, but maybe this year will be better.

EDIT: by the way, Tuesday is IMHO the best practice round day to go. On Monday many top players aren't there or don't play, and Wednesday the big course shuts down early afternoon for the par 3 tourney and course prep.

Back