Penny Project for your home!!

Texasbrons

FXDF FatBobs Rule!!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Mouth!!
http://todaynews.today.com/_news/20...-pennies-to-bedroom-floor?lite&lite=obnetwork

Couple covers the floor of their bedroom with pennies. A couple of extremely rare pennies were found in the process, but were placed on the floor anyway. They were all placed heads up, but it would have made for an interesting search to place one, or maybe a few tails up to see how quickly they could be located.

A topic that was not covered was the weight. That would weigh a bunch. If the house is on a slab, it may not have as much of an impact, but if it is on a basement or wood frame, it definitely could. Still, a really neat project. Ahh the whimsy of youth.

not too bad actually. 60,000 pennies @ 2.5 grams/penny would weigh-in around 330 lbs.

Thats a unique and (I think) cool project. Not counting the sweat equity, and other materials it comes out to a little less than $1.60/square foot. Cheaper than carpet. :act-up:

Yep, spread out over a whole room, that's nothing. A waterbed weighs much more on a smaller space.

I was going to look up the weight of a penny and do the math. You saved me the effort. Thanks. Nope, at that weight, that's absolutely nothing, especially spread out over an entire floor. I like the comparison to the carpeting too.

That's crazy! It's a really cool looking floor but I think if I found a few of those rare coins I would have kept them out of the project and found a few others to fill the spaces.

Back