Swiftwick Arm Sleeves Review

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well I've had my eye on some sleeves to keep in my golf bag in case I still want to wear a polo but get some warmth from some added sleeves. I know swiftwick is known for socks and I love what I've seen so far but I was curious when I say they had sleeves available:
http://www.swiftwick.com/sleeves-51-ctg.htm

I checked their vendor page and found a local bike shop that carried the sleeves. I went in and tried them on, they were a sample the owner got, he hadn't decided to carry them yet. And I loved the way they felt.

They have a bit of a compression feel without out feeling too restrictive. Movement was still there for sure, and the compression actually makes you feel warmer than I'm sure you really are!

They aren't restrictive at all when it comes to a swing and actually feel great.

My only gripe would be there are too many graphics on them, I'd like to see a more simple look. But if they help and keep me warm it makes no difference to me what they look like.

IMG_1778_zps11dae36b.jpg

IMG_1779_zpsfc2a24a3.jpg

IMG_1780_zps34e8098c.jpg

IMG_1781_zpse89b1d7f.jpg

Hmmmm....color me interested! I have a pair of black Nike ones that I wear that only have a simply Nike logo on them.

I LOVE the SwiftWick socks hence why I am interested but wish they could tone down the graphics. I would think the fabric used would be top notch - could use these for both golf and running.

Do they stay in place after swinging or do you have to adjust the sleeves every so often? I usually wear Under Armour most colder days but could possibly be interested if they stayed nice and snug throughout the round.

I ve not had any issues with mine. I might adjust once every round but nothing significant. These work..easy to put on and take off. I keep a pair in my bag during the winter.

Do they stay in place after swinging or do you have to adjust the sleeves every so often? I usually wear Under Armour most colder days but could possibly be interested if they stayed nice and snug throughout the round.
I haven't had them out for a round yet, but from what I can tell from the swings I took they didn't need any adjusting at all.

I got a Large, which was 19", based on the size chart it's what I should have gotten, I'd be curious if the XL is just longer or a bit bigger around as well.
sleeve_sizechart.jpg

I picked a pair of these up as well a little while back on JBs recommendation. I must say they really are an awesome piece of clothing to own if you play in cooler weather. They don't really move much but you probably need to adjust them a few times a round. But if you are looking for a good way to keep warm without the restrictions of a jacket this is a great alternative.

Interesting... anyone know if any of the large retailers carry them or are they just available online? The weather changes so quickly around here it seems like something good to have in the bag.

As a random thought, I wonder if Dwight Howard or Kobe wear these when they play golf? :)

Check them all out! Doing a video now.

ububaqan.jpg

I have actually never thought about wearing a sleeve but by the look of your pictures and the actual thought of using them is realistic. I may have to give these a try. Playing golf in Kentucky in the late winter early spring can be a little cool. Thanks Icey for the thread!

Check them all out! Doing a video now.

ububaqan.jpg
That's awesome cookie, I can't wait to see the info on them, The white's look great. Maybe I'll have to pick up a pair of them as well.

That's awesome cookie, I can't wait to see the info on them, The white's look great. Maybe I'll have to pick up a pair of them as well.

I got a white pair and will post photos in a bit of how they look on.

I got a white pair and will post photos in a bit of how they look on.
Awesome, I can't wait to see if the graphics are as noticeable on them.

These would be clutch under my Mobile Warming jacket....

They are. Fit great, but definitely know the brand.

buzajuve.jpg
I'm sold, I haven't even worn mine on the course yet and I already want the white version!

Real men just wear Swiftwick sleeves

I got out for my first round with these over the weekend and forgot to put in my thoughts here.

I started out with a polo and a pullover, but it was warm enough to take the pullover off but still needed a bit of warmth. These sleeves were perfect for that, I got a few jokes from my playing partners, but in the end they worked for me so I didn't care what they looked like! The compression was a great added bonus and the warmth was certainly there.

They took a little while to get them on, but then all I had to do was add a vest to keep the wind off, I really didn't need it towards the end of the round and really enjoyed the freedom of keeping warm without anything on.

I'd recommend these for sure. Super easy to store in my bag.

Cookie how far up the bicep do those sit? Do the go all the way up to the shoulder?

No, I would say about 2 inches or so past where the sleeve ends.

Cookie how far up the bicep do those sit? Do the go all the way up to the shoulder?

For me it was probably closer to 3", but maybe I got too big of ones! Sleeves, not biceps!

These would be clutch under my Mobile Warming jacket....

Exactly what I was thinking. The trials of us who live up in the arctic. Now if Swiftwick only made neck dickies I'd be set. I'm thinking Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation.

Christmas-Vacation_Randy-Quaid_Cousin-Eddie-full.bmp.jpg

Playing in them today so here is a pic. They go up to about 2 inches short of the armpit on me. They also have different sizes available.

9265D67E-0257-45CF-A2D7-8E34EB83F8C6-4043-0000025D3B2E1579.jpg

Playing in them today so here is a pic. They go up to about 2 inches short of the armpit on me. They also have different sizes available.

9265D67E-0257-45CF-A2D7-8E34EB83F8C6-4043-0000025D3B2E1579.jpg
Look at you rocking the guns!!!! JK, that's about where my land as well.

Back