They look great Jack I love the 54 and the face of the Scottie.
Thanks, the 58 is the same as the 54, its just the reflection made it look different.

Jeff, thanks bud.

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time getting the paint out of the logos on my Mizzy's. Does anyone have any tips? The acetone doesnt seem to be working?

Cheers,

Low

what i found to work was dip a cotton swab heavily in acetone, run it over the paint, and while you're doing that, take a scraper of some sort (i use a dentists pick- got it at the hardware store) and scrape away the paint.

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time getting the paint out of the logos on my Mizzy's. Does anyone have any tips? The acetone doesnt seem to be working?

Cheers,

I just took the paint out of my 3 Mizuno wedges.
two went easy soaked with a Q tip tooth pick worked great.
Third one took a lot of extra soaking and a steel pick.

Last edited:
do you actually soak the clubhead in acetone? or just fill the depressions with acetone? Seems to dry up so fast that the acetone cant impregnate the paint. I did try scraping it off with a dental tool...didnt seem to work to great. Maybe I am underestimating the amount of effort you guys are putting in to this? Would you say it's difficult to do?

do you actually soak the clubhead in acetone? or just fill the depressions with acetone? Seems to dry up so fast that the acetone cant impregnate the paint. I did try scraping it off with a dental tool...didnt seem to work to great. Maybe I am underestimating the amount of effort you guys are putting in to this? Would you say it's difficult to do?

i wouldn't say it's difficult, but the first time painting, it can take a lot of scraping to get the original paint out. when i did my scotty, i was probably scraping paint for a good two hours. when i did my vokeys the second time, it took about 10 seconds per wedge because i had already painted them myself once. just keep on trucking, you'll get it. no, do not soak the whole club in acetone. just constantly rub the depressions, scrape paint, rub with acetone, scrape, rub, and so on.

OK, why can't you just paint over the old stuff? Do you have to cover the painted areas with a clearcoat like nailpolish?

OK, why can't you just paint over the old stuff? Do you have to cover the painted areas with a clearcoat like nailpolish?

you can just paint over the old stuff but it makes the new paint not pop as much. and i don't use clearcoat.

Works a lot better if ur using nail polish to make sure its the 100% acetone kind

when im supposed to be working im on here with Tapatalk

Works a lot better if ur using nail polish to make sure its the 100% acetone kind

how is nail polish better than regular acetone? if you put regular acetone on a cotton swab it literally just picks up all access paint if you don't put the swab into the depressed area. it's really, really simple to do.

If u have access to straight acetone nog everyone has some laying around or has the time or funds to fet some but if they are married or live with females I bet they have nail polish remover and what I was getting at is there is acetone in nail polish remover but theres different kinds theres one that is mixed with watwr at 70% acetone and theres 100% acetone nail polish remover which is what I always used and in my post u can clearly see where I said if ur gonna go the nail polish route use 100% acetone nail polish

You definitely have to push/scratch hard with a pick to get the original paint out, just keep the pick inside the stamped area. I think it's a mixture of acetone and scraping. Once you've broken into the paint by scraping, the acetone works much better.

BOOM!

FFD61BFF-5D7B-4D44-B819-37EE3F15D6F2-2044-00000145F47F5D21.jpg

Blacked out Scotty is sexy!

Blacked out Scotty is sexy!
Yes! I took out all of the purple and made everything black. The only thing that isnt black right now is the chrome around the dots abd weights, the shaft, and the red lettering on the grip. Its so awesome.

I like the black out, well done!
Better watch out though...looks like the bear is going after the giraffe/leopard or something along those lines.

I'm working on jacks old wedge it is currently all pink

Note that I'm using acetone paper towels and paint markers, that's all I need
I am going to do my red white and blue as always lol

ydy2a7y6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thats a good looking wedge Satch. The pens are so easy to use I just can't find a colour that I like as much as the options with testors.

Thats a good looking wedge Satch. The pens are so easy to use I just can't find a colour that I like as much as the options with testors.
Yeah, i buy the decocolor pens from blick art. Their red pens turn out pink, which is why that wesge is pink

So this is my finished product, i think I'm going to redo the blue loft numbers they didn't come out as good as I wanted them to, I think the turf interaction made the numbers a bit shallower haha anyways I love the whole red white and blue US open scheme that all my clubs have. When I finish med school and I can afford forged irons, I'll paint them the same color hahahaha

janu6ama.jpg

ra8uje8e.jpg

pama7upy.jpg

Looks good Satch! Can't go wrong with those colors.

So this is my finished product, i think I'm going to redo the blue loft numbers they didn't come out as good as I wanted them to, I think the turf interaction made the numbers a bit shallower haha anyways I love the whole red white and blue US open scheme that all my clubs have. When I finish med school and I can afford forged irons, I'll paint them the same color hahahaha

janu6ama.jpg

ra8uje8e.jpg

pama7upy.jpg

Wanna stamp and fill my wedges? Lol!

Back