Removing Shaft From Callaway Raxrhawk Driver?

uman

Oldest guy in the room
Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
I have a shaft puller and have removed many graphite shafts with no issues. I do not keep up with things like I DID years ago . I am thinking that the carbon fiber driver head means it would be very likely that any successful shaft removal would result in heat damage to the head.
Before rejecting the idea any ideas, experiences/ educated advise would be welcomed. Thanks

I have a shaft puller and have removed many graphite shafts with no issues. I do not keep up with things like I DID years ago . I am thinking that the carbon fiber driver head means it would be very likely that any successful shaft removal would result in heat damage to the head.
Before rejecting the idea any ideas, experiences/ educated advise would be welcomed. Thanks

I've done it a couple of times now, and including just the other night. Because of the head type and the no hosel design is best to use a heading rod to loosen up the epoxy. I also bought some Callaway tool from golfsmith that slides over the hosel and pushes the head off in conjunction with the Shaft puller.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

I've done it a couple of times now, and including just the other night. Because of the head type and the no hosel design is best to use a heading rod to loosen up the epoxy. I also bought some Callaway tool from golfsmith that slides over the hosel and pushes the head off in conjunction with the Shaft puller.

Appreciate your reply, thinking it might be best to put in the sell block. Bought it used on ebay last year and thought the upgraded aldila voodoo R flex shaft would play like a strong regular or weak stiff, turns out the shaft is the 60 gram version and found out that one plays true to stated flex and is not as strong as the heavier voodoos. Turn 70 in 3 years maybe it will be perfect then.

h

Appreciate your reply, thinking it might be best to put in the sell block. Bought it used on ebay last year and thought the upgraded aldila voodoo R flex shaft would play like a strong regular or weak stiff, turns out the shaft is the 60 gram version and found out that one plays true to stated flex and is not as strong as the heavier voodoos. Turn 70 in 3 years maybe it will be perfect then.

they are kind of a pain in the butt. You could always drop it off at a store and have them deal with it. I was pretty happy when Callaway stopped going with the no hosel build

Back