please answer a simple question for a club building rookie

TimG3394

Lost: Center of clubface
Reaction score
Handicap
9ish
For some reason I never understood this.

Currently I have a Adams Speedline 9064ls DFS. Say I bought just a clubhead. Is it possible/how would I go about taking off the adapter on my current shaft and putting it on the clubhead I bought. This might be a very simple process but I have never looked into it.

thanks

For some reason I never understood this.

Currently I have a Adams Speedline 9064ls DFS. Say I bought just a clubhead. Is it possible/how would I go about taking off the adapter on my current shaft and putting it on the clubhead I bought. This might be a very simple process but I have never looked into it.

thanks

Heat it at low heat (propane torch at half throttle works nicely) and pull the adapter straight off do not twist when the epoxy heats to the point that the bonds break. Will probably need to get a new ferrule.

Those adapters are ridiculously hard to find. Does your shaft have that adapter on it? It's a different adapter than the Speedline F12 and Tech. Unique to that club (and earlier versions).

THPing on Tapatalk

Heat it at low heat (propane torch at half throttle works nicely) and pull the adapter straight off do not twist when the epoxy heats to the point that the bonds break. Will probably need to get a new ferrule.

Those adapters are ridiculously hard to find. Does your shaft have that adapter on it? It's a different adapter than the Speedline F12 and Tech. Unique to that club (and earlier versions).

THPing on Tapatalk

yes it does have an adapter. But maybe I wasn't clear enough. If I purchased a taylormade head would I just buy an adapter and put it on?

Oh I gotcha. Yeah, pull the adapter just like I said then install a TM one. Can get them from Golf Works.

THPing on Tapatalk

In all honesty, pulling adapters or heads from graphite without a puller is asking for trouble...something I learned the hard way a long time ago (twice!). Saying pull it straight off without twisting SOUNDS easy but actually doing it is another story.

If its a shaft you truly like, run it somewhere and have them pull it for you, you can still install the new adapter yourself.

In all honesty, pulling adapters or heads from graphite without a puller is asking for trouble...something I learned the hard way a long time ago (twice!). Saying pull it straight off without twisting SOUNDS easy but actually doing it is another story.

If its a shaft you truly like, run it somewhere and have them pull it for you, you can still install the new adapter yourself.

I never have issues with it. Guess I must just be better at pulling shafts than most people :alien:

THPing on Tapatalk

I never have issues with it. Guess I must just be better at pulling shafts than most people :alien:

THPing on Tapatalk

Way too easy to ruin a shaft, particularly when you are dealing with higher end ones with more on the line. Not even worth the risk, especially for someone new to trying. It's not that simple.

I appreciate the thoughts. I would never do it myself. I did finally learn to put my own grips on but that seems much more simpler than this. I would definitely get it done professionally.

Back