Taylormade Ghost Tour DA-12

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
Are any of you guys rolling one of these? I was looking around the putter area at Dicks earlier and am seriously pondering picking one up now. With the heavier weight compared to my Cleveland Classic #3 it felt like it gave the ball an excellent tempo for short strokes and seemed even better for longer distance putts and lag putting. Just looking for some thoughts and opinions guys. Thanks!

I loved the insert on these. Never gamed one tho.

I know I ask you guys alot of newb questions but I certainly do appreciate the patience with answering them. What kind of difference does a insert provide versus just a CNC milled putter with no insert?

I know I ask you guys alot of newb questions but I certainly do appreciate the patience with answering them. What kind of difference does a insert provide versus just a CNC milled putter with no insert?

Tone. Is the biggest for me. Inserts sound different than non inserts. Also, inserts tend to feel more consistent over a larger area.

But like everything else in golf, those are all generalities. There really are no absolutes.

First off I have rolled tons of high end putters that were the bees knees but I rolled on of these a few months back and would not stop going back to the DA-12 model......it felt amazing! Now I did not game one yet but will be buying one to try out and see how it goes...I am also picking up a seemore, a bettinardi, and a new scotty and whitlam putter to just play around with that are all milled non insert club heads all made of different materials from 303 steainless steel to different carbon steels.

I am also getting a titanium ti hot and prototype #1 and 2 odyssey and the protype retail version as these were made with different materials and the prototypes were originally made with 303 stainless steel and I have heard putter collectors rave about how they feel just as good if not better then their 3k dollar german stainless steel scotty cameron putters!

Inserts may feel better in some ways and non inserts can have that soft buttery metal feel in a different way but from my playing of insert putters in the older days they were not as consistent with the roll as the milled solid putter were and I would still think some are like that but technology has came a long way! I feel there are tons of great putters these days.....I am also going to snag the oven method and a regular method 006 midnight and have about 9 putters with my scotty milspec pro platinum and go putting on my CC practice facility for hours with them all and play them all and see what I like and do not like and get rid of a majority and keep a few! This putter your looking at though is most certainly one of the best feeling insert putters I have felt to date and think it is worth trying to find a deal on one and giving it a try as I know I will!

I'm just waiting for tax time man,lol. Putting is one of the few things I'm good at in this game, and as new to the game as I am, this thing felt awesome. I have a short popping putting motion I honestly learned from sitting and watching hours of Brant Snedeker putts and this putter just feels perfect for my tempo and motion.

Whatever is best for your confidence can make a 20 dollar putter roll like a 2k dollar putter if it is a solid made putter, but I have played tons of putters, and starting to gravitate towards different stuff and rare prototypes and japanese putters to collect and play but that would be a great starter putter to treat yourself with and I think for sure got the silver medal award from Golf Digest this past year which is always a good thing! Check out ebay too as a highly reputable seller can have these for cheaper and look for deals and sales on golf websites as i know one site I can get you 18 percent off these and a mint used one for cheaper is always an option! feel free to PM me if you ever want any help locating something as I am known for helping other around here in my short time as a member and enjoy helping people out!

Another newbie Q: IN-12 and DA-62, any main differences? Both works for me and I am wondering which should I bag...

Another newbie Q: IN-12 and DA-62, any main differences? Both works for me and I am wondering which should I bag...

Not a ton of differences in them in my opinion. One is going to be a traditional plumber's neck and the other (DA-62) is more of a slant neck.

Not a ton of differences in them in my opinion. One is going to be a traditional plumber's neck and the other (DA-62) is more of a slant neck.

How about IN-12 vs DA-12? Sorry but they looks identical

Back