What is too much golf?

acessence

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,

Just thought id throw this out there, been getting alot of flack from the family, and freinds lately. That Im addicted to golf, and its my life now

What is too much golf.

I usually play 9 holes, Monday(mens league), tuesday/thursday(9 holes after work), saturday(6am - 18 holes) and sunday, usually (6am - 18 holes,) and usually an afternoon round of 9 or 18

To date, since the end of March, I have 48 rounds in

I only started in September, so Ive really triied to improve my game, and currently around a 16 handicap, and my best has been an 82.

What you guys think????

Too much golf?

No such thing.

Hey guys,

Just thought id throw this out there, been getting alot of flack from the family, and freinds lately. That Im addicted to golf, and its my life now

What is too much golf.

I usually play 9 holes, Monday(mens league), tuesday/thursday(9 holes after work), saturday(6am - 18 holes) and sunday, usually (6am - 18 holes,) and usually an afternoon round of 9 or 18

I only started in September, so Ive really triied to improve my game, and currently around a 16 handicap, and my best has been an 82.

What you guys think????

When you don't go to class because you go to the course instead and fail school cause too much golf haha

Nothing is, that is until you get served with divorce papers....then it's just the right amount of golf...win-win situation.

As long as you are getting your regular work done, and your SO (if you have one) isn't feeling ignored, keep on golfing whenever you can!

Nothing is, that is until you get served with divorce papers....then it's just the right amount of golf...win-win situation.

I'm not even married yet, just shacked up, but i get sh*t all the time,for picking golf, over mowing the lawn

Hey guys,

What is too much golf.

What you guys think????
I get this too. Only it's about THP. :alien:

As long as you are getting your regular work done, and your SO (if you have one) isn't feeling ignored, keep on golfing whenever you can!

^^^That is sage advice indeed!

I have posted 105 scores for 2012 through May 31 and I think my wife wants me at the course so that she knows where I am.

images

Smalls said it better than I could have. If it starts adversely affecting your relationships or your career, that's the time to cut back.

Top Ten Signs You’re Golfing Too Much

• When you pick up something off the floor, you have to lean on your putter
  • The only number on your speed dial is 1-800-TEETIME.
  • You have your priorities in order: food, shelter, greens fees, job.
  • You dream you go to prison but still get conjugal visits with your driver.
  • You tell the lost motorist that the gas station is only a par 4 away on the left.
  • You’d like to take off your glove but hey, why bother?
  • Whenever you see a hole in the ground, you squat, squint and read the line.
  • You’re vaguely aware of living with a woman, allegedly your wife
  • You ask the shopper ahead in the checkout line if you can play through.
  • Before you pick up the salt shaker, you mark its position with a dime.

No such thing as too much golf. Golf > eating > breathing, you know.

Awe those were pretty funny. I am going to start marking the salt shaker and see if my gf notices!

Smalls said it better than I could have. If it starts adversely affecting your relationships or your career, that's the time to cut back.

A real golfer might beg to differ. He might suggest that it's time to find new relationships and careers LOL.

You just need to get enough sleep to rest up for the next day's golf. If everyone else is still sleeping leave a note (you get less grief that way). Bring flowers, candy and/or jewelry home. Rinse and repeat.

I think as long as it doesn't interfere with your family life and job. If you have a six am tee time it looks like you would be home most of the weekend the lawn can get mowed anytime. I'm also getting the stink eye from wife right now for being on THP so late.

Like the others said, as long as you arent neglecting your responsibilities in life, theres no such thing as too much golf.

I'm currently using my participation in TMC to play lots and lots of golf. I'm screwed afterwards :alien:

Hey guys,

What is too much golf.

What you guys think????

I dont think it,s too much,hell i,m jealous but u dont want to groove bad habits either. I would suggest you make tuesday/thursday ur practice day/days. A little time away is good sometimes, absence makes the heart grow fonder u know. Hell, I haven,t played all week because of weather here and some commitments so I,m jonesin. If ur friends and family don,t like it then thats another issue. Some people just don,t get our affliction with this game. It always drives us to become better so then thats why we like to play alot. I,m sure u know this. Maybe ur family thinks ur wasting ur money,but as long as ur bills are paid I don,t see an issue with it. Sounds like u work so I dont get the big whoop u know. Enjoy urself and dont forget to fit in some practice

No such thing.

I've been called addicted my my mom and dangerously obsessed by my father. A kid at school gave me the weirdest look ever last friday when I asked to see his driver and only looked at the shaft. I've gotten to the point where I show up at so many demo days around here that I buy range balls to use because I know I'm not actually going to buy the clubs. Addicted? Yeah. Proud? Sure!

No such thing.

I've been called addicted my my mom and dangerously obsessed by my father. A kid at school gave me the weirdest look ever last friday when I asked to see his driver and only looked at the shaft. I've gotten to the point where I show up at so many demo days around here that I buy range balls to use because I know I'm not actually going to buy the clubs. Addicted? Yeah. Proud? Sure!

And everyone here just knowingly nods at this comment. :thumb:

I never think I am playing too much golf, you would have to ask this question to my wife if you want an answer different than this.

If you arent married, no such thing as too much

If you are, and especially if you have kids, its much more of a balancing act.

I like to golf, I love my wife and kids and they are #1, my wife knows that if it is getting excessive or feels like Im taking advantage of the situation, she tells me

What is too much golf.

What? I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand the question. Those words make no sense to each other. Oh well, better head out to get a quick 9 in before work.

~Rock

Back