Here's my first hole, Now show me yours!

Here you go THP, the opening hole is a par 5 (sorry everything is dormant now):

u8ugyby3.jpg

That looks like it would be beautiful in full bloom, great looking opener.

The amount of money they spend on it is absolutely amazing. There is almost always somebody out working on the course. Like I said, it doesn't look like that right now, but it will around the end of April or early May. They also have a ton of Azaleas that bloom in Early April. Here is a picture of the 3rd hole during that time.
squire3.jpg

It's was ranked as the number 1 private course in the state when it opened up. I know I'm extremely lucky to be a member there.

Bhilton, I hope you are getting your camera ready to take some pics for the rest of us THP'ers.
I've noticed the Azaleas outside my office window are starting to bloom, so I know it can't be long till Squire Creek is awash with color.

I've noticed a couple of them starting to bloom, but not that many yet. It won't be long.

I want to go play with Bhilton and V.man TODAY!!!

Mine isn't nearly as exciting.

6c5572c2-16e3-418d-9155-2ca7f9a74160_zpse6f3e098.jpg

Here is our usual opening hole. We have 3 nines here at Sconti Golf Club in Big Canoe. This is #1 on the Creek course, a shortish par 4 over water.
creek1_zps669dae15.jpg
[/IMG]

I can see a trip up to Ken's course in the near future :thumb:

the title of this thread made me chuckle

the title of this thread made me chuckle

Me too hahah

I'll take pictures if my course in a bit

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I want to go play with Bhilton and V.man TODAY!!!

Mine isn't nearly as exciting.

6c5572c2-16e3-418d-9155-2ca7f9a74160_zpse6f3e098.jpg

I'd definitely have to go with hybrids for the first two shots. For some reason, my fairway wood fade usually turns into a hookapotamus and that would be no good on this hole.

Pretty straight forward Par 4 at Mercer Oaks West

aqute2ym.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

First hole at Waterrock GC.

View from the tee
DSC_0901.jpg

Overhead view

1_hole_b.jpg
1_yardage.gif

Really cool thread. I have quite enjoyed scrolling through. I don't really have a 'home' course so oh well!

Mercer West. Not the first but a nice pic of the 3rd and 17th I found. Not bad for $16 to walk.

8118778419_a900bf26b9_z.jpg

8118763160_f975566a10_z.jpg

Hers is one of #11 I took

9ava6ybu.jpg

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Beautiful shot.

Mercer West. Not the first but a nice pic of the 3rd and 17th I found. Not bad for $16 to walk.

8118763160_f975566a10_z.jpg

I don't have a picture of our opening hole, but it's a pretty boring and easy starter hole. I do have a picture from the #2 handicap hole (the hardest for me). This is from beside the green, looking back at the fairway. Tough dogleg left off the tee, swamp and trees to the left (right in the pictures), unplayable if you go long off the tee. If you can hit a hit high draw with the driver consistently, you can put one to the edge of the pond, but not many people try because left is dead, right is dead and long is dead. The smart shot is to hit at the corner with a fairway wood and hope the slope brings it around far enough to where you don't have an extreme sidehill lie. 2nd shot is going to be over the water to an uphill green with a steep false front. When the pin is in the front, anything long is an impossible putt that will end up off the front of the green.

615680_3772937489553_1282236965_o_zps9115d565.jpg

This is the first hole at New England Country Club, where we have my father's memorial tournament annually to benefit the town youth baseball organization ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363911503.363370.jpg

You guys have some pretty holes for sure! I'm gonna wait and show mine when it's nice and green. Dormant grass just doesn't get it done. Around mid April we should be good to go.

I don't have a picture of our opening hole, but it's a pretty boring and easy starter hole. I do have a picture from the #2 handicap hole (the hardest for me). This is from beside the green, looking back at the fairway. Tough dogleg left off the tee, swamp and trees to the left (right in the pictures), unplayable if you go long off the tee. If you can hit a hit high draw with the driver consistently, you can put one to the edge of the pond, but not many people try because left is dead, right is dead and long is dead. The smart shot is to hit at the corner with a fairway wood and hope the slope brings it around far enough to where you don't have an extreme sidehill lie. 2nd shot is going to be over the water to an uphill green with a steep false front. When the pin is in the front, anything long is an impossible putt that will end up off the front of the green.

615680_3772937489553_1282236965_o_zps9115d565.jpg
Looks awesome to me.

Looks awesome to me.

Oh, it's an awesome hole, but placing the ball in the right spot off the tee is extremely important, which is hard for me with the state of my game.

Oh, it's an awesome hole, but placing the ball in the right spot off the tee is extremely important, which is hard for me with the state of my game.

I can attest to that, it is a tough little hole and you almost have to hit a perfect shot off the tee in order to have a good shot at the green!!!

Back