The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, you wanna try and golf next saturday? For fathers day?

easy answer...rain+buckjob=NO WAY

LOL. Dude my golf everything is soaked. Bag. Clubs. Towels. Went through almost 4 gloves. Glad I switched to the Wilson irons today because the i20's with dritacs would have been way too slick.

I have a couple of rants:

1. Vacation is over. It was much needed and we had a blast, but now I'm exhaused
2. People cannot drive
3. Those Team hacker supporter tags are 1) way too late at this point, and 2) absolutely awful

You are right.

And "with milk" belongs to Jake.

My rant is when I move to a new department, and was supposed to get paid 12 days ago, my boss set it up that way but nope, nothing has been done and the lady in the biology department that is a liaison with the admin and payroll just happens to be out these last two weeks, this really sucks!

So, I sold my Adams a7's to a buddy of mine. However, I am 6'2", he is 5'8", meaning these clubs needed to be cut down pretty drastically for him. To further compound the problem, Adams made the a7's upwards to a half inch longer than standard length. So, instead of being able to cut down 1/4" off each iron, I had to take into account the added Adams length and cut according. No biggie. I am buzzing along, making my cuts, setting what I had cut up against the wall, in order, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8..................WTF?!?

I noticed the 8i was much shorter than it needed to be. I mark my cut on the 9 iron and set it up against the wall. It looked like an NBA team and Danny DeVito was playing center. The line up made a V, instead of flowing down hill WTF!?! again!?! What did I do? I walked around my basement, smoking, trying to figure out what the hell I had done. After 10 minutes, I figured it out. I had cut 1 7/8", instead of 7/8". How I did this, I have no freaking idea, but I did.

So, panic/confusion mode sets in. How am I going to fix this? I then realized I had some .370 ferrules in my supply box, the right ferrule size for these irons. I measured the remaining clubs I hadn't cut yet and found that I could simply swap the shaft out of the PW, put it into the 8i, and use my jacked up 8i shaft, put it into the PW, and have the correct measurement for his PW. All I will have to do now, is cut a QUARTER INCH off of the 8i now, and he is good to go. The pisser is, I have to wait for these other two clubs epoxy to set, before I can finish up. And I turned an hour long job today, into a two hour job, with mass hysteria sandwiched in between.

I can't believe I did that. Moral of the story. Measure twice, cut once.

So, I sold my Adams a7's to a buddy of mine. However, I am 6'2", he is 5'8", meaning these clubs needed to be cut down pretty drastically for him. To further compound the problem, Adams made the a7's upwards to a half inch longer than standard length. So, instead of being able to cut down 1/4" off each iron, I had to take into account the added Adams length and cut according. No biggie. I am buzzing along, making my cuts, setting what I had cut up against the wall, in order, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8..................WTF?!?

I noticed the 8i was much shorter than it needed to be. I mark my cut on the 9 iron and set it up against the wall. It looked like an NBA team and Danny DeVito was playing center. The line up made a V, instead of flowing down hill WTF!?! again!?! What did I do? I walked around my basement, smoking, trying to figure out what the hell I had done. After 10 minutes, I figured it out. I had cut 1 7/8", instead of 7/8". How I did this, I have no freaking idea, but I did.

So, panic/confusion mode sets in. How am I going to fix this? I then realized I had some .370 ferrules in my supply box, the right ferrule size for these irons. I measured the remaining clubs I hadn't cut yet and found that I could simply swap the shaft out of the PW, put it into the 8i, and use my jacked up 8i shaft, put it into the PW, and have the correct measurement for his PW. All I will have to do now, is cut a QUARTER INCH off of the 8i now, and he is good to go. The pisser is, I have to wait for these other two clubs epoxy to set, before I can finish up. And I turned an hour long job today, into a two hour job, with mass hysteria sandwiched in between.

I can't believe I did that. Moral of the story. Measure twice, cut once.
That sucks, but at the same time that's pretty damn impressive!

my dog just puked on the bed right after it got out of the laundry

Apparently the tournament I'm in on Friday is not playing from 6400 yards but instead from 7000. Oh dear.

Friggin pizza rolls burned the hell out of the roof of my mouth!

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

Dude good catch that could have been really bad!! That is definitely an wtv moment!

I then realized I had some .370 ferrules in my supply box, the right ferrule size for these irons. I measured the remaining clubs I hadn't cut yet and found that I could simply swap the shaft out of the PW, put it into the 8i, and use my jacked up 8i shaft, put it into the PW, and have the correct measurement for his PW. All I will have to do now, is cut a QUARTER INCH off of the 8i now, and he is good to go.

Innovative solution there. But aren't iron shafts tipped different lengths according to which iron they go in? I believe they are. I know when I reshaft my irons, the clubfitter and I go over the shaft manufacturer's tipping instructions for each iron.

By swapping the shaft out of the PW, which is presumably tipped more than the shaft of an 8 iron, and putting it into the 8i, your newly shafted 8 iron will now play more tip stiff than before.

Conversely, by swapping the shaft out of the 8 iron, which is presumably tipped less than the shaft of a PW, and putting it into the PW, your newly shafted PW will now play more tip flexible than before.

And so on as you swap shafts from one iron to another. Your "lucky" friend will be in for quite the surprise on the course when he plays his new irons.

This is exactly why I don't buy used "altered" golf equipment. You never know what's happened to the golf clubs "behind the scenes".

Last edited:
That sucks, but at the same time that's pretty damn impressive!

Yeah, I was a little salty for a bit. I opened up my supply box, saw that I had wedge ferrules, wood ferrules, and another unmarked bag. I said, OH, please let these be .370 iron ferrules. I had a stock code printed on the sack, pulled up Golfsmith and sure as stink on doo doo, they were the right ferrule. I breathed a minor sigh of relief, regrouped and found that I could swap the two shafts and have damn near the exact lengths I need in both clubs.

I told the guy just a bit ago. Chances are, he would have never noticed, but I didn't feel right letting it slide without telling him.

LOL. Dude my golf everything is soaked. Bag. Clubs. Towels. Went through almost 4 gloves. Glad I switched to the Wilson irons today because the i20's with dritacs would have been way too slick.

I learned a valuable lesson to wear a glove or you may break your finger!

Innovative solution there. But aren't iron shafts tipped different lengths according to which iron they go in? I believe they are. I know when I reshaft my irons, the clubfitter and I go over the shaft manufacturer's tipping instructions for each iron.

By swapping the shaft out of the PW, which is presumably tipped more than the shaft of an 8 iron, and putting it into the 8i, your newly shafted 8 iron will now play more tip stiff than before.

Conversely, by swapping the shaft out of the 8 iron, which is presumably tipped less than the shaft of a PW, and putting it into the PW, your newly shafted PW will now play more tip flexible than before.

And so on as you swap shafts from one iron to another. Your "lucky" friend will be in for quite the surprise on the course when he plays his new irons.

This is exactly why I don't buy used "altered" golf equipment. You never know what's happened to the golf clubs "behind the scenes".

8i Tip Trip of 5.5"
PW Tip Trip of 6.25"

You are correct and we will just have to see how it turns out. Worst case scenario for us both, I will replace the shafts for him. Best case scenario, it doesn't affect my "lucky" friend that has been playing golf for all of a month and he will still qualify for the Open Championship next month, playing "altered behind the scenes" equipment.

See. I can be pompous too!

By the way, I appreciate that last edit you did to your post, insinuating that I am screwing over my friend. Classy!

8i Tip Trip of 5.5"
PW Tip Trip of 6.25"

You are correct and we will just have to see how it turns out. Worst case scenario for us both, I will replace the shafts for him. Best case scenario, it doesn't affect my "lucky" friend that has been playing golf for all of a month and he will still qualify for the Open Championship next month, playing "altered behind the scenes" equipment.

See. I can be pompous too!

By the way, I appreciate that last edit you did to your post, insinuating that I am screwing over my friend. Classy!

You are certainly free to interpret my post any way you want. But the truth is I know you are not trying to deliberately "screw" over your friend, so I was not insinuating anything of the sort. Based on your original post, I know that you were unaware of the ramifications of swapping shafts among irons in a set and were also genuinely pleased at the solution you arrived at.

The truth is there are many sellers of altered, used golf equipment out there who are unaware of the impact of their alterations, such as yourself. But there are some who try to pull "fast ones" over unsuspecting buyers. Either way, it makes buying altered, used golf equipment a tricky environment to navigate.

By the way, you're welcome. Grateful.

Seriously? My rant is this thread now.

Seriously? My rant is this thread now.

I was thinking even if that was a rant about used clubs and not towards Jeff is still would have came off as a pompous comment to me. LOL.

I was thinking even if that was a rant about used clubs and not towards Jeff is still would have came off as a pompous comment to me. LOL.
It is pompous, annoying, and tired.

Apparently the tournament I'm in on Friday is not playing from 6400 yards but instead from 7000. Oh dear.

Yikes! That would be nothing but driver and 3W for me. That doesn't even sound fun

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Every thread this guy touches turns to total garbage.

Just sayin'.....

My rant is this thread this evening.

Sometimes I can only say wow and move on.

Not worth it guys....not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back