2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

And that's the worst part of it for me Kmac. I'll spend all day getting excited for coverage only to be let down.

Yeah and it will all be about the HS kid. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz After this is over we'll never hear of him again. Please stop.

So what if we don't? He's putting together something that almost no one has been able to do. Not to mention, if he's always this composed, who is to say this is the end of the road for him? He'll never face a more difficult scenario in his golf career.

I can't wait! I love learning about how they grow and protect the turf. I could watch that for hours *said with extreme sarcasm*

hahhahaahhahaha. Don't forget the moisture. Very compelling info.

hahaha so glad you added the last part in there LOL, I learned yesterday there is really no reason to tune in at 4PM. I wont start watching till after dinner at the earliest.

We are going to dinner with JB's dad for father's day, I figured by the time we got back they might be showing some golf.

I'll be interested to see if Tigger fell too far behind yesterday to keep the casual sports fan interested in the coverage. I hope he comes out with 1-2 birdies just to get more eyeballs to the TV

We are going to dinner with JB's dad for father's day, I figured by the time we got back they might be showing some golf.

Today might be different as Tiger isn't in the last group. We are going to see Tiger having a snack on the course, cleaning his clubs, having in-depth conversations with himself and Joe and every single practice swing.........

I know 1 thing, If I was that Hossler kid, I would make sure I got me some screen shots of NBC showing the leaderboard on TV when he was leading on Friday with Tiger right behind him and I would have that image put on everything....LOL....T-shirts, wallpaper on my phone and computer and Facebook....Hell I would have a Giant poster made to hang on my wall, christmas cards, stationary...ok you get the idea:D

I know 1 thing, If I was that Hossler kid, I would make sure I got me some screen shots of NBC showing the leaderboard on TV when he was leading on Friday with Tiger right behind him and I would have that image put on everything....LOL....T-shirts, wallpaper on my phone and computer and Facebook....Hell I would have a Giant poster made to hang on my wall, christmas cards, stationary...ok you get the idea:D

Id want someone to walk behind me in the halls of my school carrying a small replica score board.

Id want someone to walk behind me in the halls of my school carrying a small replica score board.

or a backpack caddie...

"I think I am going to go with the calculous notebook here".......

Today might be different as Tiger isn't in the last group. We are going to see Tiger having a snack on the course, cleaning his clubs, having in-depth conversations with himself and Joe and every single practice swing.........

Don't tease me like that....now I have my hopes up that I get to see all Tiger all the time. I hope we get to watch every bite of his PB&J sandwich. He just does it better then everyone else.

Don't tease me like that....now I have my hopes up that I get to see all Tiger all the time. I hope we get to watch every bite of his PB&J sandwich. He just does it better then everyone else.

hahahahahahahhha. He does savor every single bite unlike everyone else....

LOL that's genius!

So what if we don't? He's putting together something that almost no one has been able to do. Not to mention, if he's always this composed, who is to say this is the end of the road for him? He'll never face a more difficult scenario in his golf career.

Im pretty much just tired of the NBC coverage and really I dont care about the HS kid. Who knows he could go to college and then turn pro and tear it up. Good for him and I hope he does. We need someone that looks just like Monty on tour full time. hehe naa its a cool story but we all know what NBC will do. Blow it up and throw it in our faces all day long. Id rather just see golf and if thats the kid in contention so be it. It will make for great theater but if he drops out of the top 10 please dont keep showing him and whatever productions they made just in case he finishes high.

I bet he has the perfect balance of peanut butter to jelly too.

The perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich is made with love, so I doubt it.

I bet he has the perfect balance of peanut butter to jelly too.

hahahhaha. It was a process, but he finally got to the point of perfection in his PB and J traj.

NBC is blowing this bad. We are tuning in for the golf, not their entertainment. I really want to see the players and the course more.

I hope to hear a lot more of Johnny Miller today.. I'm sure he will be drunk again.

I'm hoping the kid stays in contention, just so i can see more of his mom.

NBC is blowing this bad. We are tuning in for the golf, not their entertainment. I really want to see the players and the course more.

NBC is warming up for the Olympics and Costas has been clearly puffing himself up. He really is serving no purpose out there.

Every time they cut to him I know that I can go do something else for a few minutes because nothing interesting is going to happen.

Ken

Im pretty much just tired of the NBC coverage and really I dont care about the HS kid. Who knows he could go to college and then turn pro and tear it up. Good for him and I hope he does. We need someone that looks just like Monty on tour full time. hehe naa its a cool story but we all know what NBC will do. Blow it up and throw it in our faces all day long. Id rather just see golf and if thats the kid in contention so be it. It will make for great theater but if he drops out of the top 10 please dont keep showing him and whatever productions they made just in case he finishes high.

Agreed, just show golf and if the kid is still in contention then by all means show him, but if he bullfrogs all over the first 6 holes then let it die! One thing they pretty much did yesterday is when Toms round went south, we didn't see much of him after that until 18...the showed the guy he was playing with but not Toms

Yep, DVR...it's a wonderful thing. I don't know why they think all these little produced pieces are good for the ratings, the people watching are there to see golf, not watch grass grow or listen to Mike Davis talk or see the same intro from the President of the USGA that we have had to sit through all week or listen to Costas and Roberts try to be clever....there are 60 guys playing golf...I am sure one of them is getting ready to swing.......SHOW THAT!!!!!

Back