Colored Balls vs White Balls

Spud

Reaction score
Handicap
11.3 GHIN
I notice many prefer colored balls (mainly yellow). Personally, I've never hit colored balls, except for on the range. What do you prefer? If you liked colored, why? Easier to find?

I like my orage balls because they are easier to spot (except in fall golf with all the leafs) but mostly because it annoys the heck out of my golfing buddy, he prefer the "classic" (i'd say boring) prov1 :alien:

I like my orage balls because they are easier to spot (except in fall golf with all the leafs) but mostly because it annoys the heck out of my golfing buddy, he prefer the "classic" (i'd say boring) prov1 :alien:

Now that's funny right there!

I use a white ball but have nothing against any others.

Last edited:
I prefer white. Hits my eye better.

I alternate between white and yellow. Really like the yellow ball, I find it easier for me to keep an eye on it. It's also nice when I'm the only guy in the group that has a yellow ball because there is no doubt which one is mine. I have tried orange and pink, not really my cup of tea. My wife uses the pink ball a lot, I think it's harder to find than a white ball.

Don't really have a preference, but one nice feature of a colored ball is the ability to easily distinguish your ball from that of a playing partner (assuming he or she is playing white) at a distance.

I prefer yellow ones. They are just easier to spot in my opinion.

I use both white and yellow Wilson Duo soft feel. Both are fantastic. I tend to like using the yellow on par 3 I feel I can see the flight and trajectory a bit better and when putting I think I can see the roll better also. No idea why. Maybe just an Australian thing...

Ive played the new Srixon XV yellow balls and I really like the colour, can't say the same about the balls though but that's a story for another time. I'd love a yellow TM Lethal or Chrome+ but TM don't do one and the yellow Chrome+ isn't available in New Zealand. I find them so much easier to spot than white balls, this is especially good considering I play a ton of golf late in the evening.

I prefer yellow balls (haven't tried orange yet) as they are easy for me to spot in the air compared to white balls. I have quite a bit of floaters in my vision so I have a hard time spotting white balls against the sky.

I started the year using yellow balls because I heard they were easier to track through the air. Guess my eyes are just crap because I couldn't see them any better than white. As the summer wore on, I found myself using more and more white balls, but I do like the ribbing I get from my golf league guys for using yellow.

I prefer white, but I'll game anything

As far as colored balls go, I've found orange to be a bit easier to spot than yellow. Orange was just a bit harder to find in stores locally, so it was a lot of white this summer.

Where I really liked the orange was when the sun was low. You might not see it land, but you sure can see it on the ground.

This year I started using Yellow Srixon Q Stars. I love them. Honestly I like the color but I dont see a difference in helping me follow my ball any better.

I've tried the yellow and like it. Not saying that I prefer it over white but the change alone can be fun. I find it easier to spot further away than the white. Only downfall is if you're playing on a course that uses the same color for range balls, and you hit one near the range, very hard to find.

Regular white...I've tried yellow balls, but didn't like them. If I find one, sure I'll hit it, would never buy them.

I like using yellow balls because it is easy to identify which one is mine when I am playing with multiple players and I also like to be different. I have just become use to playing with them ever since I tried them out a year or so ago. I also like how the stand out more and generally are easier to see for me.

I play more yellow than white. I like the yellow against the white of both my driver and putter for alignment.

I prefer the white ones, nothing against colored balls at all the white just suits my eye better.

I have been using Titleist NXT S which is a neon green color since the weather turned cold and my vision is not so good. Oddly enough, it is even more difficult to see in the air under certain conditions than my usual Pro V1x. It is, however, easier to find on the ground than the white ball. It does not seem to carry quiet as far as the Pro V1x and doesn't check up on the green quite as well. Earlier this year, I used the Callaway Chrome + green/yellow ball but had problems with the cover splitting on those.

I play a yellow ball exclusively now. I don't have the best eyes so it's easier to find usually with a yellow ball. I think I putt better with a yellow ball as well. Don't know why, just seems like I can visualize putts better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good O'le classic white for this guy.

I like colored balls this time of the year cause I can see them better. In the summer I like white.

I have always played white balls on the course. However I recently picked up two dozen of yellow Z-Stars. Figured as I was aging it might help with me locating those errand tee shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the classic white balls and I tried the yellow ones but I didn't feel like I could see one better than the other.

I know for sure I hated playing golf with blue balls :act-up:

Back