RoboCup Range Pictures

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Well GG and I could not wait to test this one out so we drove over to the course to take some pictures and get our early impressions. I must say that this thing has a cool factor like very few accessories have. It works as described in our early testing as well. Each time the ball went in, we found ourselves grinning waiting for it to fly back to us. More coming in the review, but here are some action photos.

593732576_6imDB-L-1.jpg

593732363_87nMe-L-1.jpg

593732190_m7tG6-L.jpg

593732039_ukGb4-L.jpg

593733089_yLGnC-L-1.jpg

593733611_mqKaL-L-1.jpg

593733256_2GyBJ-L-1.jpg

593732912_GCHfy-L-1.jpg

593733787_89vh6-L.jpg

593733951_jEBuV-L.jpg

Cool. Is it sturdy? Or can it break easily.

• Admin
This thing is EXTREMELY sturdy so far smallie.

I don't know how NECESSARY something like this is, but it would be a fun thing to have.

• Admin
I found a couple of things out when using it.
One, you really do get more practice strokes.
Two, it is so freaking cool.
Three, Great training aid to not leave it short, because leaving it short means walking up to get the ball.

looks like my next have to have golf gadget :act-up:

this little gadget it very cool, and it really is a great training aid. Like JB said if you don't get it close enough the rope won't help it get in the hole and then you have to go and get it, this helps to get your ball either in the whole or within tap in distance to it.

How does that pop up wire thingie reload?

• Admin
The device is battery operated.

Does it pop the ball out and fall back down?

Yes. It pops the ball out and then you can hear the mechanism move the device back down.

Cool pictures. I was wondering about this. Looks cool just to mess around with.

I've only been wondering for a few days. I just saw a small review of it recently in a magazine.

This is mandatory.

Supplies:

Robocup (no rope thingy)
Video camera
Uncrowded practice green.

Put RoboCup in one of the holes on the putting green, with the launch mechanism facing a direction that is very unlikely to be used as a location for putting. Preferably, exactly the opposite direction from where someone will stand to practice putting.

Stand back and wait for someone to putt.

Watch RoboCup throw their ball(s) out of the cup and away from them.

Film the fun!

This is mandatory.

Supplies:

Robocup (no rope thingy)
Video camera
Uncrowded practice green.

Put RoboCup in one of the holes on the putting green, with the launch mechanism facing a direction that is very unlikely to be used as a location for putting. Preferably, exactly the opposite direction from where someone will stand to practice putting.

Stand back and wait for someone to putt.

Watch RoboCup throw their ball(s) out of the cup and away from them.

Film the fun!

I think you need a hidden camera. People will be suspious of the camera if they see it.

The simple things that you get enjoyment from Harry.

That would be hysterical Harry. Heck even if it was setup to go right back at them.

I think you need a hidden camera. People will be suspious of the camera if they see it.

The simple things that you get enjoyment from Harry.

Yes. I definitely meant hidden.

Simple things for a simple man.

20080731_simple-jack.jpg

Look, its Harry and Morgan Pressel....I kid because I care.

There was a gag device available some years ago that was spring loaded and went in the bottom of the hole. Whenever a ball hit it, it trigger the spring to throw it out of the cup. Probably for a one time gag within your foursome, but the flag had to be out for it to work. I figured you would have to get someone to distract the guy while you pulled the flag and placed it in the cup, then wait for him to putt.

I had a ball with an off-center weight once that I got to use. I had a friend who would always drop another ball right after he putted and then walk over and tap in his miss, come back and practice the same putt after everyone else had putted out. I exchanged balls on him once while he wasn't looking. Everyone in my group was in on the gag and it worked to perfection. You should have seen the look on his face as the ball wobbled along like a drunk.:D

That gag would be terrific to watch play out. HL, you should do it and use the nifty youtube links after you get out of the hospital. I like the idea of that device, although I like to move around a lot during my putting practice, and I practice on greens that are usually crowded with other folks and it might be tough to monopolize a particular hole. Regardless, what's the damage?

Around $60.

How much noise does it make when it kicks the ball back to you? The old style putt returners make a loud "POP" the mechanism is engaged.

Not much at all actually. Not nearly like those. And you are outside so very little can be heard.

We have video coming very soon as we mentioned I believe in the unboxing pictures. We should be filming this week.

Back