Huntsville, AL area golf

Hogsfan74

Reaction score
Will be making a trip down to visit some friends in Huntsville area this weekend. Looking to leave on Thursday night, and make a 3 day weekend out of it and get a round in somewhere Friday before it gets cold through the weekend. Don't really want to spend more than $50 for a round, but might be open to considering it. I know the RTJ trail has a course close in Hampton Cove I believe? But may be a bit out of the price range. Don't know if they have a winter rate going or not, just looking for some advice from some of the locals. Thanks for the help guys!

Arguably the best course around here is the RTJ Course at Hampton Cove. They have two options (not counting the short course), the Highlands and the River. The Highlands is probably the "prettier" course. The River has no bunkers, but supposedly has water in play on 16 holes. Both can be challenging. If I'm not mistaken, Hampton Cove is about $65 with a cart. If you have a trail card, it's about $45.

The Becky Pierce Municipal course is our local muni. It'll be about $45 with a cart. It's not a bad course. It's ok.

You can check out Sunset landing by the airport but I prefer the other two options.

Thank you very much MSB. One more question if you don't mind? I read where there is a course on the Arsenal, but didn't know if it was open to the public to come in and play, or if it was even worth anything. Thanks again!

Back