17" grip on 35" putter!

Chaggers

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys, so I was talking to my Clubs pro the other day about cutting down my putter from 35 to 32/31 inches, not through being short but due to standing like a dinner table when I putt!

The reason I wanted to cut it down was due to holding the metal shaft off the grip with my right hand.

he suggested a longer grip instead of cutting due to weight issues.

I bought a 17" Winn belly grip and had it fitted and I'm now in love! The whole putter feels amazing now, weight, balance etc.

my question, has anyone tried using a long grip on standard putter? And what were your experiences?

cheers

I believe Angel Cabrera did this in his Masters win.

never heard of that before honestly.... how do you grip your putter that you'd actually grip so low on the shaft?

I'm not sure how it started buck, I got obsessed with trying to be directly over the ball, and then watched garrigus with the midget putter and I'm now somewhere in between, my putting has improved massively through the method though, rarely miss from inside 6 feet, where I was very yippy from 3-6 foot before!

I'm not sure how it started buck, I got obsessed with trying to be directly over the ball, and then watched garrigus with the midget putter and I'm now somewhere in between, my putting has improved massively through the method though, rarely miss from inside 6 feet, where I was very yippy from 3-6 foot before!

so you just reach far down on the putter shaft. i understand now. i'm way opposite end of the spectrum. im standing more upright than i ever have before

That would really cut into the gimmies inside the strap wouldn't it?

I started being quite upright but my mindset said I can't pendulum properly from a 'side view' which is stupid really but it got in my head. I probably should change my stance but its the only thing holding my game together at the moment haha!

I think Sung Yul Noh (? Spelling) uses that setup on his putter

Tapping away on my S3

Super stroke has a long grip coming out in April that I'm going to put on my putter. I think it's 15" long

That's very interesting. I hadn't heard of it but not a bad idea.

I've often thought about doing this, and the reason why was because of the Cleveland Almost Belly Putter. I gripped it the same, but loved having the extra long grip on it for some reason. I may have to try this out soon.

Super stroke has a long grip coming out in April that I'm going to put on my putter. I think it's 15" long
Is that what Philly Mick has been using?

Is that what Philly Mick has been using?
I don't know but I just order the 17" super stroke in red. Ill test I out on the seemore and if I like it'll be put on my MC putter

I don't know but I just order the 17" super stroke in red. Ill test I out on the seemore and if I like it'll be put on my MC putter

Awesome. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Siri speaks for me!

A buddy of mine did this and swears by it.

TapAhoy!

Where did you order from? I checked out their site and did not see the 17"

Where did you order from? I checked out their site and did not see the 17"

Got the new GolfWorks magazine in the mail and they were available for purchase in there.

Tapping away on my S3

Back