CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

As much as I enjoy testing the stingers, I love the traction, stability and durability, I may go with the Zarmas since I hear such good things about them. Don't get me wrong the stingers are superb, I can just really feel them dig up into the shoe which is kind of uncomfortable when I walk the course.

Yea, I've been a Stingers fan for quite a while prior to testing the Zarma's. The Stingers are solid spikes and I never thought they were any more or less comfortable than any other spike I've worn, their traction is pretty unbeatable imho. The Zarma's just seem to have all that plus the comfort and add that both stay much cleaner and these are real winners in my book. It's nice to see a product live up to the company hype.

Yea, I've been a Stingers fan for quite a while prior to testing the Zarma's. The Stingers are solid spikes and I never thought they were any more or less comfortable than any other spike I've worn, their traction is pretty unbeatable imho. The Zarma's just seem to have all that plus the comfort and add that both stay much cleaner and these are real winners in my book. It's nice to see a product live up to the company hype.

That's exactly why I want to try them too. The stingers are really nice still though!

I was curious about the durability of the Zarmas since the little arms are smaller than the robust stinger arms but I guess the durability is the same or similar.

Great update Dr! I would say walking 54 holes is one heck of a test for them that's for sure. Glad they are working out for ya. Its nice to hear the Zarmas have just as much traction as the Stingers do but im wondering if that will hold up in the long run, should be very interesting to find out that's for sure.

Played 18 on Saturday (cart) and again no issues with the Zarma spikes in traction. I was in multiple bunkers, a little bit or hardpan and no slipping or moving from the shoe. The greens were Bermuda so didn't notice any spike marks that were left on the greens. I caught myself every now and then having to think about the shoe/spikes when I walked because I just wasn't thinking about them. They were very comfortable to walk in! Have not played in wet conditions as of yet but from what I've seen from others, they are doing fine.

Walking on the cart paths and club house I once again noticed the soft tips on the spikes to my feet. Didn't feel like I would slip around like some of the other spikes I've had that had more of a give and expand feel. Real nice.

Played 18 on Saturday (cart) and again no issues with the Zarma spikes in traction. I was in multiple bunkers, a little bit or hardpan and no slipping or moving from the shoe. The greens were Bermuda so didn't notice any spike marks that were left on the greens. I caught myself every now and then having to think about the shoe/spikes when I walked because I just wasn't thinking about them. They were very comfortable to walk in! Have not played in wet conditions as of yet but from what I've seen from others, they are doing fine.

Walking on the cart paths and club house I once again noticed the soft tips on the spikes to my feet. Didn't feel like I would slip around like some of the other spikes I've had that had more of a give and expand feel. Real nice.
Nice update Nate.

Heading down to the course. Should have updates in a few hours.

Dang, the course has something going on today, and it is closed. Said they will be open tomorrow, so I am going to head out first thing as soon as I wake up.

Dang, the course has something going on today, and it is closed. Said they will be open tomorrow, so I am going to head out first thing as soon as I wake up.

Hang in there JR, you will get them on the course soon. Interested to read your thoughts.

Got another 18 in today and another great grass and dirt free round with the zarmas. course wasn't dry or wet just normal conditions and every hole my spikes were clean i didn't even have to hit them together to clean them off after my round. this still is the most amazing thing to me especially with the adipures they were the worst when it came to getting full of grass didn't matter what the conditions. Anyway no slippage issues again today and i still felt the spring in the zarmas i wanna get out tomorrow or wednesday and walk a round or at least 9 and see how they are walking and carrying a bag. the tips of the zarmas are now turning black and after my next round i will take some pics they are just changing color a little again. nothing that affects the performance. so far with the rounds i have in with these they are by far my favorite spike i have ever used. i just hope the durability is long enough that they are worth buying. But thats why we do long term testing so i guess we will find out soon enough.

Got another 18 in today and another great grass and dirt free round with the zarmas. course wasn't dry or wet just normal conditions and every hole my spikes were clean i didn't even have to hit them together to clean them off after my round. this still is the most amazing thing to me especially with the adipures they were the worst when it came to getting full of grass didn't matter what the conditions. Anyway no slippage issues again today and i still felt the spring in the zarmas i wanna get out tomorrow or wednesday and walk a round or at least 9 and see how they are walking and carrying a bag. the tips of the zarmas are now turning black and after my next round i will take some pics they are just changing color a little again. nothing that affects the performance. so far with the rounds i have in with these they are by far my favorite spike i have ever used. i just hope the durability is long enough that they are worth buying. But thats why we do long term testing so i guess we will find out soon enough.
Nice update man, I will finally get to find out for myself this weekend.

Back from my trip and will be back at testing these spikes tomorrow morning. Great feedback all!

Buck, about how many cumulative rounds and/or trips to the range have you put on the Zarmas?

Buck, about how many cumulative rounds and/or trips to the range have you put on the Zarmas?

i dunno, maybe 5 or 6 rounds and 3 chip and putts walking and 4 range sessions.

that's exactly what I was thinking Buck. I almost bought a pack the other day, but decided to wait until I hear more about them.

that's exactly what I was thinking Buck. I almost bought a pack the other day, but decided to wait until I hear more about them.

i honestly don't think they are gonna break off or anything i just think sooner or later the spring that they have which makes them a much better spike is gonna wear down. im keeping a close eye and feel on when that is and if theres any difference. honestly with the amount of golf i play im sure im gonna find out sooner than most when that is gonna be.

i honestly don't think they are gonna break off or anything i just think sooner or later the spring that they have which makes them a much better spike is gonna wear down. im keeping a close eye and feel on when that is and if theres any difference. honestly with the amount of golf i play im sure im gonna find out sooner than most when that is gonna be.
You do play a lot of golf dude lol. I wish I could play that much. Im really looking forward to finding out how long it takes to lose that cushion if at all.

You do play a lot of golf dude lol. I wish I could play that much. Im really looking forward to finding out how long it takes to lose that cushion if at all.

the big test for me is when im walking on a tile floor in the pro shop or on the cart path. you can feel the spikes bending down they still feel very close if not exactly as the day i put them in. especially on the tile floor you can feel it better on that for some reason prob cause the floor is exactly the same and hard.

the big test for me is when im walking on a tile floor in the pro shop or on the cart path. you can feel the spikes bending down they still feel very close if not exactly as the day i put them in. especially on the tile floor you can feel it better on that for some reason prob cause the floor is exactly the same and hard.
Makes sense, honestly I can see the spikes needing to be replaced before the cushion gives out, that would not surprise me at all.

Makes sense, honestly I can see the spikes needing to be replaced before the cushion gives out, that would not surprise me at all.

that would be nice, time will tell.

I noticed this exact thought today while walking into a restroom with big tiles. I dont know if I wouldve ever commented on it, but this is something that I definitely thought about when I was walking in there.

I noticed this exact thought today while walking into a restroom with big tiles. I dont know if I wouldve ever commented on it, but this is something that I definitely thought about when I was walking in there.

yep first time i wore them i really noticed the spring walking on hardwood floors going to the pro shop to pay. so thats how im seeing how they hold up. not scientific or anything but a good test and thats when i felt the spring the most.

The Zarmas definitely have a nice spring to them but are also firmer than a lot of other spikes that I have tried.

The Zarmas definitely have a nice spring to them but are also firmer than a lot of other spikes that I have tried.

i honestly thought with the spring that they might not be firm but they really are. i think its a great combo. if they are durable im snagging a set for my Nike Frees.

With the Zarmas do you guys feel like they're going to come out from under you on certain sufaces? I know the Stingers give me a little uneasiness on those railroad tie stars and inside the tile bathroom floors. Specially when wet.

With the Zarmas do you guys feel like they're going to come out from under you on certain sufaces? I know the Stingers give me a little uneasiness on those railroad tie stars and inside the tile bathroom floors. Specially when wet.
If the Stingers pass my garage floor test this weekend before my round they will pass any slip test lol, very very smooth concrete that always draws moisture up through it when its hot so its very slippery. I think somebody posted that they were seeing less slipping with the Zarmas as they used the Stingers before the testing, I could be mistaken though.

Back