What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THP'd and thats it.

Me three! That work stuff is getting in the way lately

Range session trying to decide what irons I want to game. Everytime I think I have my mind made up I hit them both really well.

Concluded the driver/shaft shootout today. What worked for me is ranked in order below:

1) Cobra ZLE Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec 60S
2) Cobra ZLE Fujikura Fuel 60S
3) R1 Fujikura Fuel 60 S
4) R1 Aldila RIP Phenom 55S (factory shaft)
5) R1 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 04

This rank is the dead a$$ opposite of what I hoped/expected. I was so damn excited about the R1-Kiyoshi Purple combo. I was expecting the low spin R1 head on a high launch, low spin shaft that is notoriously smooth to be the, be all, end all for me. It feels like an absolute noodle when paired with the heavier R1 head. I could probably go up to an 05 flex or tip it and fix that, but the results I am getting with both of the Fuel shafts in the ZLE are too good to fool around anymore with anything else. I tried everything to kick that thing out of the bag but my streak of composite drivers remains intact.

Took a golf lesson with video. Learned a lot about what was happening with my swing and some slight issues with my irons (too light). After the Atlanta Innovational I was really in a bad place mentally with my swing. I know this lesson is not an immediate cure, but having a plan of action to improve has improved my outlook tremendously. I am looking forward to getting better with the info I know have.

Also had some clubs re-gripped after the leason.

Tapatalk 2: The sequel is even better than the original.

THP & golf on TV, big family get together in a few hours so no golf for me today.

Had a lesson where the main work was working big time on bunker play. Never really been shown the correct way to get out of them, at least now I can head to a practice area and work on it now I have been shown correct stance, ball position etc etc. On the times I tried when the pro was there I was entering the sand a good 6-10 inches before I should be. No wonder I have been struggling to get out of them:angry:. Need to work on getting the club to hit the sand at the correct distance behind the ball and commit to the shot

Watching some PGA coverage, THP'ing, getting bag ready for tomorrow's round.

Had a 7 iron shoot-out at the range. Want to figure out what set of irons I am going to play until the 714's drop. Also went to Golfsmith

I went and hit a large bucket St the range to test out the swingbyte 2. I must be either setting it up wrong or ignoring physics. It said straight shots were hooks and fades were straight. Need to play around with it more.

Then I took one of each of the eight different golf balls I'm trying out top the short game practice area. I spent about two hours over there hitting short chips of varying distances from specific spots/lies to see what kind of reactions I'd get. Need to get them out on the course to get some feedback for the other facets of the game.

Early front runners, in no particular order, are the Q-star, the e5 and the Hex Chrome +. Going to play a round at a course I've never played tomorrow so this will be interesting. Going to try to get another round in at a course I'm familiar with before the Ultimate Club Testing with Callaway this weekend.

The wife texted me while I was at work and asked if I wanted to go to the range when I was off. I couldn't believe it but it was a blast splitting a large bucket with her

Went out and played 5 holes with my son, brother and 4-year-old nephew at my bro's club today. Had lunch and a couple of beers. It was a really nice way to get a little golf action in before tomorrow's full round.

Played 36 holes and did some THPing

walked 9 holes

Watched some PGA, changed the grip on a 5w, and marked up a sleeve of balls for tomorrow round.

Played 18 this morning with dhartmann34, now watching the kiddos and some Barclays action.

range session and cleaned my equipment and posted up some irons for sale.

4th day in a row of chipping & putting practice. Some time will be spent on THP. Clubs will be cleaned. Barclay's will be watched. THP League 3 draft a bit later.

THP'd and Went with Youngbuck to his fitting. That was a learning experience for sure. Having never seen one done it was really awesome to watch and capture how the different facets of the equipment directly effect the end result in ball flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back