Nike+ FuelBand for golf

I have wanted one of these since they came out. My manager has one and loves it. GG had alluded to a possible golf tie in I believe when she first posted about it. I was waiting to see what that tie in was. I might be wrong though

The sleep mode in Up is what I loved most about it.

That is THE main thing that intrigues me about the UP compared to the Fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wearing mine for the past 143 days. Currently at 466,147 total Nike Fuel, 130 Goals Hit, 1,173,694 steps, 218,818 calories burned, 574.25 miles, 1382 active hours.

It has really helped me with my "life change". On April 24th I weighed 335 lbs and now this morning I'm down to 251 lbs. Dropped almost 2 shirt sizes and 8 inches on my waist lol. The fuel band really motivates me to make sure I stay active. If its 10PM and I am 400 points from hitting my goal I will go for a long walk or over to the gym and hit the eliptical.

I wear it when I golf but I only started golfing July 4th of this year so I don't have any experience not wearing it. Mine is a little lose on my wrist but it only gets in the way when I putt, I need to move it up my arm a little so it doesn't get in my way. On golfing days I totally blow away my daily goal.(38 rounds/34 days of golf since July 4th is that a lot?) So I'm not sure how good it really works for golf especially for me since I haven't broken 100 yet so I am swinging a lot! I'm sure the steps are probably way off due to all the swinging but I use it more for motivation then anything else.

Thats great man, that much weight in a short amount of time in amazing, congrats!

Has GG been rocking her band?

I sure do and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it hits the edge of my computer when I am typing so I have to take it off when I am using my laptop. I can use it with my wireless keyboard, just not the laptop.

I sure do and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it hits the edge of my computer when I am typing so I have to take it off when I am using my laptop. I can use it with my wireless keyboard, just not the laptop.

Man you get cheated out of all the exercise your fingers get!

I loved mine for about 4 months. Then I started to find it pretty predictable. I knew, within about 7% accuracy, how many fuel points I would have at the end of the day. I started to remember how much walking 18 was worth, how much running, sitting at work, working out, etc. It's value just wasn't there anymore... So I gave it to a buddy at a start-up who just landed Nike as a client. It will provide more intangible value for him.

I have been wearing mine for the past 143 days. Currently at 466,147 total Nike Fuel, 130 Goals Hit, 1,173,694 steps, 218,818 calories burned, 574.25 miles, 1382 active hours.

It has really helped me with my "life change". On April 24th I weighed 335 lbs and now this morning I'm down to 251 lbs. Dropped almost 2 shirt sizes and 8 inches on my waist lol. The fuel band really motivates me to make sure I stay active. If its 10PM and I am 400 points from hitting my goal I will go for a long walk or over to the gym and hit the eliptical.

I wear it when I golf but I only started golfing July 4th of this year so I don't have any experience not wearing it. Mine is a little lose on my wrist but it only gets in the way when I putt, I need to move it up my arm a little so it doesn't get in my way. On golfing days I totally blow away my daily goal.(38 rounds/34 days of golf since July 4th is that a lot?) So I'm not sure how good it really works for golf especially for me since I haven't broken 100 yet so I am swinging a lot! I'm sure the steps are probably way off due to all the swinging but I use it more for motivation then anything else.

Been wearing mine since May. Easily exceed NikeFuel goals on golf days as I try to walk the course as much as I can. Doesnt affect the swing at all. Changed my habits a lot - walk a lot more and take the stairs instead of the escalators etc. And like FrancisD said, its just a nice motivator to exceed the goal as I do check my Fuel points a lot. If I am close I will most definitely try to nudge myself a bit more.

From a fit perspective, it is not as "snug" as I would like it so I hope they find a better implementation in future versions. They have a fit guide on the nike website.

Another similar product that just came out is the Jawbone Up - the first version failed miserably so they have hopefully fixed the problems but its design is similar to the FuelBand.

I need a new bracelet so this is on my list. Lots a of great features.

Updates on these from anyone? I am really considering pulling the trigger but want to get everyone's thoughts first.

I wonder how many points are generated from an extended range session!

Updates on these from anyone? I am really considering pulling the trigger but want to get everyone's thoughts first.

Ryan and Mike both have them and are loving them so far.

I've heard. I think I might get the black ice version. Strange looking but awesome. Who knows..

images

I really want to get one but dont want to spend the $150. I wish it was a little cheaper. I am afraid of getting sick of wearing it and then wasting $150. Maybe when the weather gets nicer and I can actually go do things outside.

I love mine dude! Keeps me motivated to get off my butt and walk/run around.

Obviously not what they are going for here, but this entertained me..

http://gizmodo.com/5901052/how-many...ving-sex-eating-pizza-and-smoking-a-cigarette
Spoiler
  • Brushing Your Teeth:: 17 Calories, 47 Nikefuel
  • Eating Pizza: 8 Calories, 23 Nikefuel
  • Washing Dishes: 30 Calories, 86 Nikefuel
  • Sending a Text: 0 Calories, 1 Nikefuel
  • Shaking My Arm Up and Down for 30 Seconds: 9 calories, 26 Nikefuel
  • Smoking a Cigarette: 8 Calories, 21 Nikefuel*
  • Walking Up 4 Flights of Stairs: 7 calories, 19 Nikefuel
  • Taking a Shower: 60 Calories, 169 Nikefuel
  • Using the Restroom (#1): 2 Calories, 6 Nikefuel
  • Using the Restroom (#2): 10 Calories, 31 Nikefuel
  • Sleeping: 25 Calories, 79 Nikefuel
  • Masturbating: 82 Calories, 231 Nikefuel
  • Having Sex: 179 Calories, 514 Nikefuel
  • A Night Out Drinking: 463 Calories, 1303 Nikefuel
  • A Night Out I Don't Remember: 1129 Calories, 3320 Nikefuel
  • Being Hungover: 102 Calories, 292 Nikefuel

Ive had mine for 24 hours and really have enjoyed it so far. I contemplated going a cheaper route and buying something to clip onto pocket or belt, but it seems to easy to forget that.

This is like a watch, so I put it with the rest of my stuff at night and boom im ready to go int he AM

Congrats on the change Francis. That's great!

I have wanted one of these as well so interested to see what you say about it Mike. Do you think you'll be able to wear it during a round of golf? Will be be to thick to swing with it on?

I have wanted one of these as well so interested to see what you say about it Mike. Do you think you'll be able to wear it during a round of golf? Will be be to thick to swing with it on?

Im not sure, right now its a little loose and that may get annoying to me. But I could take a link out and make it tight which might be good for golfing and thats about it. Im guessing it will work for some based on fit, and not for others.

I wore it during both of my rounds last weekend, didnt bother me a bit.

War Damn Eagle...what size is your FuelBand?
Large.

It comes with two extra links. One small, and one large. I have the small in mine and it is snug, doesnt move around too much.

Back