Course Review; Legacy Golf Club - Lakewood Ranch, FL

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I will be playing Legacy Golf Club in Lakewood Ranch, FL today, and since it's been a while since I have played, I think another review is in order!

Legacy is a beautiful course here in Lakewood Ranch, with plenty of water and bunkers to provide a solid challenge for golfers.

From their site; http://www.legacygolfclub.com/

Legacy is an upscale, 18-hole championship daily fee course, different from anything found in the region. Offering a level of service and conditions found at world-class private facilities, this award-winning Arnold Palmer-signature designed course has quickly earned its reputation as one of the premier courses in Southwest Florida. The impeccable service makes it a local favorite for visitors and residents. The course features elevated multiple tees, and virtually every hole is framed with sand and water. What makes this course unique is the 360-foot wide fairways on all corridors making the look very dramatic and visually challenging while still approachable to all players. Call our Tee Time reservationist at 941-907-7067 now to book your round of golf and experience Legacy for yourself! Legacy Golf Club has received great recognition and ratings from some of the major publications. Best Places to Play and 4 1/2 STARS from the readers' of Golf Digest 2008-2010. One of America's Top Golf Courses from ZAGAT Survey 2007-2010. Click Below for a Video of the Legacy Golf Facility.

hole-1.jpg

hole-x.jpg

hole-xx.jpg

hole-xxx.jpg

One of my favorite holes here, with an island fairway AND green!

hole-xxxx.jpg

black.gif
Tees - Black | Yardage - 7067 | Slope - 140 | Rating - 73.8
gold.gif
Tees - Gold | Yardage - 6684 | Slope - 136 | Rating - 71.9

silver.gif
Tees - Silver |
Yardage - 6108 | Slope - 124 | Rating - 69.4

orange.gif
Tees - Copper | Yardage - 5465 | Slope - 123 | Rating - 72.2

green.gif
Tees - Jade
| Yardage - 4886 | Slope - 115 | Rating - 68.8

Will update this thread with pictures from the round and a course overview after the round!

That is a ton of water. Hit 'em straight War!

That is a ton of water. Hit 'em straight War!
While there is a good bit of water here, it has a significantly less amount that most of the courses I play!

While there is a good bit of water here, it has a significantly less amount that most of the courses I play!

Is it normally carries over water or just taking one side out of play?

Is it normally carries over water or just taking one side out of play?
Only a few holes have carry over water, and most of that comes off the tee box. The majority of the water in play runs along one side or the other of the hole, so if you can take one side of the hole out of play, you are good. Unfortunately for me, the first few holes have water running down the right side, so my fade can sometimes get me in trouble.

Only a few holes have carry over water, and most of that comes off the tee box. The majority of the water in play runs along one side or the other of the hole, so if you can take one side of the hole out of play, you are good. Unfortunately for me, the first few holes have water running down the right side, so my fade can sometimes get me in trouble.

Always tough when you can't play your stock shot out of the gate. Have a blast buddy.

man, thats an awesome course!

Nice dude, this is one of the courses I have really been wanting to play since you mentioned it. Can't wait to read the review.

Always tough when you can't play your stock shot out of the gate. Have a blast buddy.
Will do, sir!
man, thats an awesome course!
It's a beauty, for sure. Cant wait to play it again.
Nice dude, this is one of the courses I have really been wanting to play since you mentioned it. Can't wait to read the review.
We will definitely play it this spring once the snowbirds go back home! Rates drop down so much spring/summer that it's a track that you can get on rather easy.

That freaking island hole looks awesome from the aerial shot. Would love to play there someday.

Geez dude looks like you are doing some type of fishing review. All I see is water

Well that just looks fantastic. Have fun out there today dude!

I wish we had some courses like that round here where I live....9 times out of 10, the only water we tend to see is a pond, which isn't quite the same

Enjoy it, and I look forward to catching up with the review

That freaking island hole looks awesome from the aerial shot. Would love to play there someday.

It's a Par 4,and not overly long. A well placed shot off the tee leaves you with a short iron in hand, short is better than long on the shot in to the green though, it slopes down to the water. But of course, the bunkers in front of the green make it a tricky shot. Such a fun hole.

Looks good Mr. War. Have fun out there

That looks like so much fun...have a blast and can't wait to read about it.

It reminds me of waterlefe

Looks pretty challenging! Play well War and I look forward to the review.

Beautiful course! Don't go swimming with the fishes...

That's looks like a stunning course. I would probably need more than a dozen balls in my bag at the start just to make sure I had enough to finish the round. Thanks for the review.

I had the privelege of playing this course a couple years back and LOVED it! My dad ended up going and playing it the following year when he was down there for a trip and he loved it too. I love the layout and all the hazards. Many holes are still playable if you miss a little, but then there are others with hardly any room for error. Can't wait to read your writeup, War. I definitely want to play this course again!

This is one of my favorite courses in the area. I can't remember the hole number now (might be 10 or 11?), but I almost made a HOI on the short Par 4 with the big house (used to be Wilson Alvarez' off of the tee box). I hit driver to about 1 foot. I did end up making my first eagle ever. It's been a couple of years since I played there, and the course was in so-so shape at the time. I hope it is in great shape today, and you have a blast. Looking forward to the review.

This is one of my favorite courses in the area. I can't remember the hole number now (might be 10 or 11?), but I almost made a HOI on the short Par 4 with the big house (used to be Wilson Alvarez' off of the tee box). I hit driver to about 1 foot. I did end up making my first eagle ever. It's been a couple of years since I played there, and the course was in so-so shape at the time. I hope it is in great shape today, and you have a blast. Looking forward to the review.

That's number 11, I drove the green yesterday and left the eagle putt a few inches short.

Back