The Travelers Championship Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
The PGA Tour is in Connecticut this week for its annual summer stop in Hartford for the Travelers Championship. In last year's tournament, Fredrik Jacobson took his first PGA Tour win.

Tee times are now out for the first 2 rounds, here are 4 notable groups:
Webb Simpson/Bubba Watson/Keegan Bradley
Ryo Ishikawa/Patrick Cantlay/John Peterson
Zach Johnson/Kyle Stanley/Fredrik Jacobson
Matt Kuchar/Hunter Mahan/Johnson Wagner

TV Times:
THU 6/21 GOLF 3 PM - 6 PM ET
FRI 6/22 GOLF 3 PM - 6 PM ET
SAT 6/23 GOLF 1 PM - 2:30 PM ET
SAT 6/23 CBS 3 PM - 6 PM ET
SUN 6/24 GOLF 1 PM - 2:30 PM ET
SUN 6/24 CBS 3 PM - 6 PM ET

It will be interesting to see how much Webb Simpson has left in the tank after his US Open win, and also interesting to see how Patrick Cantlay does in his professional debut.

I'm excited for the Kuchar grouping. Should be a good one to follow along with.

I was contemplating heading over there as it's about 2.5 hours from my house. Maybe Thursday or Sunday as I'm not working then.

Cantlay just about won this last year, didn't he? Maybe I'm thinking of another one.

Cantlay just about won this last year, didn't he? Maybe I'm thinking of another one.
He was T24 last year.

Thanks, War Eagle. Now I feel like an idiot.

Thanks, War Eagle. Now I feel like an idiot.

Well, he did shoot 60 in one of the rounds, that's probably what you were remembering.

hahaha. I thought I rememberd something. I like FJac and remember enjoying his win last year.

This is a fun tournament to watch with all of the low scorring. The exact opposite of the US Open. Friendly fairways. Friendly greens. Least amount of putts wins.

This will be fun, especially after last weeks Open. Bubba seems in good spirits and a course where a guy can rally or mount an aggressive charge will be fun to watch. I'm surprised more of the big names aren't playing.

I had absolutely less than zero interest in watching almost any of this, until I found out we're getting the golf channel in hd this week. Consider my interest piqued

This is one of my favorite tournaments of the year. Maybe because I've gone every year for the last four when I lived in CT. It has a Harbor Town feel because the players are relaxed after the US Open and you can't beat the last four holes for thrills & spills.

If anyone is going, may I suggest that at some point, you find a seat on the big hill along the 17th fairway. From here, you can see the green of the driveable Par 4 15th (and if you are down the fairway, the tee too), the entire 16th, the entire 17th, and the teebox of the 18th.

Going to miss going this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching "On the Range" and Kuchar is experimenting with putters, still belly length but different models and brands.

--
Tapatalk2

I avoided Webb in this one. I feel there is going to be a huge Open hangover, but I admire him for standing behind his word to the tournament and showing up. I imagine the guy is about drained at this point. Good on him for showing up.

I am rolling Matt Kuchar and J.B. Holmes in A. Bo Van Pelt, Michael Thompson, Freddy Jacobson, and Ryan Moore in B. John Huh and Louis Oisthuizen in C.

Watching "On the Range" and Kuchar is experimenting with putters, still belly length but different models and brands.

--
Tapatalk2

Yeah, and one of them was a Yes! putter. I thought that was interesting.

Alright, lineup is set!

Starters:

Kuchar
Mahan
Moore
Harrington

Bench:

ZJ
IJP
Jacobson
Wagner, AKA Magnum P.I.

I have played this course a lot. Lots of fun watching it now.

Crap! I hope I remembered to set a lineup.

Crap! I hope I remembered to set a lineup.

I didn't! As a result I have IJP and Zach Johnson. Got this in the bag. The spare bag in the cupboard.

I went with Kucher. Watson, B Adams & Padrig. Bench is Z Johnson, Jacobson, Poulter & English. I hope Simpson does well but I too was afraid of the Major hangover getting to him. We will see how he responds.

Also, Live@ coverage starts at 10:30 AM EST on pgatour.com.

Kuchar @ -5 through 10. Keep Boom Booming it Kuch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back