Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

Xt1ncT-NZ

Englishman in New Zealand
Reaction score
Handicap
I've had my custom shop Mil-Spec for about 7 years now.

I originally bought it as a 340gm 35" model from eBay. It was in terrible condition and the seller was kind enough to send it straight to the custom shop with my order number.

What arrived a few weeks later was a stunning putter - completely restored with my name stamped on the front and a custom shop stamp on the back bumper.

Unfortunately my putter got wet one round and the greens had only recently been cored as well so were quite sandy.

My bad - I didn't wipe it clean as well as I should have and the putter ended up with rust spots and was IMO ruined. It wasn't but perception is reality right?

Fast forward to this year - my golf instructor also designs and build clubs. So I ask him what he can do for me.

We ended up deciding on a new stepless shaft at 34", a blue and white Iomic grip and to have the putter bead blasted and then re-paint-filled.

Well I got a text with some photos and we decided to skip the paint fill as we thought the naked look was awesome.

Here it is - looking forward to getting it on my hands next week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361559864.798390.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361559910.747251.jpg

Next job will be to make sure the lie is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great!

If it rusted then it must be carbon steel. What kind of finish did you get from the CS?

If it rusted then it must be carbon steel. What kind of finish did you get from the CS?

It was pro platinum. The rust was only little spots here and there, but still didn't look great.

Will post full pics once I pick it up this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back