do you wear golf shoes during an indoor LM fitting?

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
Just curious if most of you take your golf shoes along when doing a fitting or testing clubs on an indoor launch monitor or just do it in regular athletic shoes? My hunch would be use what you're going to use on the course, but I've never done one before.

Just curious if most of you take your golf shoes along when doing a fitting or testing clubs on an indoor launch monitor or just do it in regular athletic shoes? My hunch would be use what you're going to use on the course, but I've never done one before.

I've worn my spikeless ones but I see no reason not to bring any sort of golf shoe. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with.

I actually have, but it was because I was on the road at the time wearing dress shoes, but had the golf stuff with me. I don't personally see the need generally.

I personally like the wear whatever I play in when taking lessons indoors, that way I know exactly how everything will feel.

If the visit to the indoor facility is planned, I take my golf shoes.

Same as when forced to hit off mats on the range, I try to hit using the same thing I'd hit on the course.

i have used both my golf shoes and athletic shoes, i personal prefer my golf shoes give me that extra sense of stability with no chance of slipping around

Haha! Funny how you find yourself there without any prior intent sometimes!

Haha! Funny how you find yourself there without any prior intent sometimes!

Tennis shoes work best indoors and provide an extremely accurate fitting for club length & lie...

I wear my spikeless shoes all the time at the LM. That's what I wear in the course so it's a win/win for me. Do what you feel comfortable with though.

Tennis shoes off carpet, spikes on turf.

Think I'll wear my running shoes, but bring my spikes just in case it's kind of slippery. That's kind of what I was thinking, though, that spikes on carpet would probably put you a littler higher up than normal.

Rarely.

TapAhoy!

Unless I'm just messing around in my living room, I try to always practice like I play, including the shoes.

I always use my golf shoes unless I don't get the chance to bring them.

I did not wear my golf shoes.

I've done it both ways and found very similar results, I would do whatever you think is most comfortable or what you are comfortable with!

I would go with tennis shoes, unless you are on some really soft turf the spikes will give you a little more height, not much but maybe enough to change things.

Done both. Did two try outs last week. One in my street shoes and one in spikeless golf shoes. In the former, my body turn was non-existent and gave a depressing set of results. Two days later, in my golf shoes, my swing was back.

I don't think I have worn golf shoes the 2 times I've had fittings

My indoor lessons I was told to wear my golf shoes. For launch monitor fittings I would wear them there too. Running shoes don't have the same level of stability as golf shoes IMO

I wore spikeless shoes during my fitting. I just wanted to make sure I simulated what I'd be doing on the course as much as I could. Yet I hit balls at the range in tennis shoes all the time, so I guess I'd say make sure whatever shoes you wear have enough traction and stability. I've found that hitting with dress shoes on is never a good idea for me since I always slip around.

i wear my ecco streets to my golftec lessons every week and anytime i'm going to hit stuff in store..... leave them in my trunk.

I've never worn my golf shoes when hitting inside.

I wear my spikeless shoes all the time at the LM. That's what I wear in the course so it's a win/win for me. Do what you feel comfortable with though.

Same here. Pretty much everyone wears golf shoes during our sim league too.

Back