We were riding the banks of the levy that are probably 45* and had a short run of flat to get back up to the top. You had to hit them perfect to be able to get back to the top and power through the last couple cranks.

It was good times except that my bike that came from work had tires that were low. So traction was a bit of an issue since the rear wanted to skid and lost traction climbing stairs.

I think 105 is OK (I have it on my cross bike), but you can definitely tell the difference between it and DA or even Ultegra. Once you've ridden top end groups for a while, it's hard to go back. I've been mostly SRAM on my road stuff the last several years and I love it, but I've always been a DA/Ultegra fan too. My wife has Campy on her Pinarello and it's lame.

I have only had DA or SRAM Red since I began riding 6 years ago but I rented a 105 bike in Hawaii for 5 days and it shifted just like my Dura Ace. I believe in getting the best you can afford and since I'm on my road bike 4+ days a week, it's easy to justify Red or DA. I like my 2013 Red better than my DA - never out of adjustment. lighter, and the front derailleur shifts better than my DA.

I have only had DA or SRAM Red since I began riding 6 years ago but I rented a 105 bike in Hawaii for 5 days and it shifted just like my Dura Ace. I believe in getting the best you can afford and since I'm on my road bike 4+ days a week, it's easy to justify Red or DA. I like my 2013 Red better than my DA - never out of adjustment. lighter, and the front derailleur shifts better than my DA.

I've been running Red since '08, which is the year it came out, I believe. I had DA on several bikes prior to that and liked it, but I'm definitely a SRAM convert. I had a Rival group before the Red got released and it was pretty good too. I was on my bike 5-6 days a week back then (6000+ miles per year for a few years there), but I've seriously gotten out of my groove. I actually just walked back in from a little ride into the foot hills. Man I miss being in shape!

Road mountain bike for 2hrs this morning on our local metro park trails.

I just got back into cycling because my mom won a mountain bike at a poker walk. Seat was rock hard, doesn't shift worth a darn, but I've put 10 miles on in 2 days. I am hoping to ride 15-20 miles a week for cardio.

Trying to save up for an entry level road bike. We will see how that goes.

I just got back into cycling because my mom won a mountain bike at a poker walk. Seat was rock hard, doesn't shift worth a darn, but I've put 10 miles on in 2 days. I am hoping to ride 15-20 miles a week for cardio.

Trying to save up for an entry level road bike. We will see how that goes.

Whatever gets you on the bike, it's all good. If you buy a road bike, you'll probably find that you enjoy it even more. Then you'll just want a more expensive road bike. Kinda like golf in that regard. You never stop wanting newer/better equipment.

Sorry war I missed this!

What kind of inclines were you looking at?

nothing too long of a climb and pretty easy as I was able to sit and peddle through most of them. Lots of fun for a good ride that does get technical and can be ridden from a nice easy pace to fast.

here is a 10 min. video about the trail system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_NULA24yU

Here is a place we are trying to go this fall as a work sponsored trip http://www.raysmtb.com/cle/index.php

Ok fellas a couple bikes I'm looking at have SRAM components, what ones should I look for to get good components?

I know with the shimano's to get the 105's but know nothing about SRAM.

Thanks

Ok fellas a couple bikes I'm looking at have SRAM components, what ones should I look for to get good components?

I know with the shimano's to get the 105's but know nothing about SRAM.

Thanks
Getting a new one?

Getting a new one?

I'm still in ponder mode since money hasn't come in the way I thought it would the last month or so.

I've got in narrowed down to probably a Raleigh or GT. Raleigh has 105's and most of the GT's have SRAM, I just don't know anything about the SRAM components so thought I'd ask you guys :)

I'm still in ponder mode since money hasn't come in the way I thought it would the last month or so.

I've got in narrowed down to probably a Raleigh or GT. Raleigh has 105's and most of the GT's have SRAM, I just don't know anything about the SRAM components so thought I'd ask you guys :)

Can't go wrong with either. I'm guessing the GT will have SRAM Rival which is 105 equivalent.

I'm a SRAM guy and would get the GT but buy the bike that fits you best.

Get the best you can for your money, basically. Rival is pretty decent. 105 is pretty decent. You should be able to do whatever you need with either. I'd probably lean toward the Rival myself, but that's just personal opinion/preference. For some reason, I think with SRAM, as you go down to the lower levels of components, you don't really lose much in the way of actual performance, you just add weight. With Shimano, you're adding weight, but I also think there's a bit of performance trade-off by the time you get to 105. Again, just my opinion.

Just curious, is there a reason you're only looking at Raleigh and GT? Is that all the shops in your area have in the price range you're looking for?

Get the best you can for your money, basically. Rival is pretty decent. 105 is pretty decent. You should be able to do whatever you need with either. I'd probably lean toward the Rival myself, but that's just personal opinion/preference. For some reason, I think with SRAM, as you go down to the lower levels of components, you don't really lose much in the way of actual performance, you just add weight. With Shimano, you're adding weight, but I also think there's a bit of performance trade-off by the time you get to 105. Again, just my opinion.

Just curious, is there a reason you're only looking at Raleigh and GT? Is that all the shops in your area have in the price range you're looking for?

It's pretty much the brands around me and a buddy of mine reopened his families business and he is carrying GT and Raleigh.

Just a fyi, the Hotter Than Hell 100 was held today in Wichita Falls. As usual they had thousands of riders of all ages. They came from all over the world just to be here.
HHH2012_t607.jpg

Just a fyi, the Hotter Than Hell 100 was held today in Wichita Falls. As usual they had thousands of riders of all ages. They came from all over the world just to be here.
HHH2012_t607.jpg

That's a lot of cyclists!

I always wanted to make it down there for that ride, never did it though. We did the Lizard Under the Skillet ride out of Lawrence, KS once; it was hotter than hell too. LOL

I've just started getting into cycling to get fit.

I need to lose 10kgs!!

I bought two bikes:

Merida Crossway hybrid & Giant Deft Comp 2 road bike.

The wife also got herself a Merida Crossway for family rides together - just have to get the daughter one now as well.

Been out for a ride every day except Friday since last Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just came across this thread...Awesome. I have not had the chance to read through all the post but anyone from the DFW / TMS area? I ride both mountain and road bike and looking for folks to ride with.

My Road Bike is a Fuji Gran Fondo 3.0

My Mountain Bike is a Scott Aspect 29

Just came across this thread...Awesome. I have not had the chance to read through all the post but anyone from the DFW / TMS area? I ride both mountain and road bike and looking for folks to ride with.

My Road Bike is a Fuji Gran Fondo 3.0

My Mountain Bike is a Scott Aspect 29

Nice bikes Tx

I'm really thinking about getting into road biking just for the fitness aspect of it and the fact I hate running!

Just a warning for you cycling is very addictive. Your not just going to need a bike, there is so much gear that you'll end up needing or wanting. I've got over 6Gs in bikes and gear. It never ends...

Just a warning for you cycling is very addictive. Your not just going to need a bike, there is so much gear that you'll end up needing or wanting. I've got over 6Gs in bikes and gear. It never ends...

Ha I figured it'd be just like golf but more expensive :bulgy-eyes:

I stopped in one of the local bike shops to get a pair of riding shorts since I was riding EMS Bike Team yesterday at the AF Marathon and was looking at bikes. They had a Revino in the shop and a couple Militis(more than I want to spend) and the owner said he had a new Militis he has been riding and would sell it at about 60% off but its still too much but a great deal if I could drop the $

True this.

I've started again after a long time - the past week I've bought myself two bikes, shoes, clothing etc, then on Saturday we bought the wife a bike!!

Away on business for 4 days so faking one of them with me as well as my gym gear to do my boot camp.

Need to lose 10 kgs!!

True this.

I've started again after a long time - the past week I've bought myself two bikes, shoes, clothing etc, then on Saturday we bought the wife a bike!!

Away on business for 4 days so faking one of them with me as well as my gym gear to do my boot camp.

Need to lose 10 kgs!!

I make as few trips to the bike shop as possible, If not I would not have any money to play golf. Right now I'm looking at a garmin 810 bundle which run anywhere from $700-$800.

Me like

by7ydy3y.jpg

Back