SanDiego_Husker

Reaction score
Handicap
Lefthanded
Just wondering what kind of putters people are using and how you came to your decision? I myself use a mallet putter, I feel that I have better distance control with a mallet. I recently used a friends Method 001 Putter and I loved it I felt like I had the same distance control as with my Mallet putter but better control overall. Just trying to see what works for other people?

Mallet, but I think people don't try blades enough because they get the stereotype of being "too hard" to roll. I was just using an Anser putter and putted pretty well with it but I just didn't like the feel. Then I made the mistake of trying out a GoLo.

blade me.

I use a plumbers neck blade. For me, anything else, and I've rolled alot of putters, just doesnt look right at address.

I've never played with a mallet putter. I've tried them out before, but was never able to find one that fit my eye. For some odd reason I have a hard time aligning mallet putters up.

I've played them all. Blades, mid mallets, and a full mallet. I feel like I can sense the putter head better with a blade. But there are plenty of mallets that I really like as well.

I am in the camp that as long as the putter is fit for you and you like how it looks, the toe hang or stroke shape doesn't really matter.

Mallets seem to give me slightly better directional control, but blades give me MUCH better distance control

I tried to like mallets, but aim doesn't mean a thing if your distance is off.

All of them with similar results coming from each.

I'm with Mulligan on this one. I have a Odyssey Metal X 6 in the bag but whenever I go to the local golf shop I try a wide variety of different style putters to see if any make a big enough difference to replace the Metal X. So far it's none.

I use a TM Corza Ghost and wouldn't trade it for anything, only mallet putter out of my group of golf buddies who all either have a scotty or a method blade, to each is there own and we all swear by our own putters.

I'm currently trying to make the move from a blade to a mid mallet. I like the better directional assistance, and I'm working on dialing in the distance

Mallet for me. The balance and weight helps me keep the putter aligned on my intended path through the stroke, and the weight also helps with distance control, especially on long putts. And I also like the two ball alignment method better than anything else I've ever used. I used to turn my nose up at 2-ball putters, until I tried one.

i've always heard that if you have a door-style swing, than you're better off with blades. i've always been more accurate with them. i played an SRT 2 ball (mallet) for a little over a season and could not stop pulling putts. i went to a semi-mallet, and dropped from averaging about 34 putts per round to around 31.
while i played the half-mallet for about the same time length as i played the mallet, when i recently went to a blade butter, i dropped from 30 putts or so average to about 28, and only getting better.

I am a blade guy. I generally feel like mallets are just to heavy for me, and instead of taking a nice fluid stroke I wind up very short and choppy to avoid putting it 10 feet past the cup.

Mid-mallet. I used to strictly be a blade man but lately Ive learned to like mid-mallets because they are more forgiving but arent as ugly as some of the big, spaceship putters.

Mine's not so much a question of mallet vs blade, I have really decided that what ever it is it needs to be a Center-shaft putter. Going to a center shaft putter and sticking to the RST tech on my see more has really help my putting posture and helped me be more consistent with my stroke. Blade or mallet doesn't matter as much as long as its a CS and I like the weight.

mid mallet hehe

I prefer a mallet over a blade most of the time. I find it easier to keep my putts on line with the mallet style putter vs the traditional blade style putters like an anser. However I can roll a blade CS putter just fine, see the new Nike Method Midnight for example.

Putters much like every other club in your bag is pretty much a feel / personal preference thing but its amazing how many different types of people use different types of putters. My grandfather swears by a blade and wont even try my mallet even though we are both left handed. Must be a era thing.

Blade all the way. Mallets are great to stabilize the club head but weigh too much for my taste. Also, blades let you release club so they become more about feel than exact technique. From my experience, distance control is fine with all types and is more about the design of the face than the overal head shape.

Always felt like I had better control with a blade but liked the address better with a mallet. Found the best of both worlds in my 2-ball blade.

I think you have to find the one that you like the feel, look, and how it putts. type of putter head, type of shaft, weight, many different factors will make you putt better or worse. Toe flow would be another.

I've been using mid sized mallet for long time, however, recently switched to blade...and it fits perfect for my putting stroke.

You just need to try different type until you find one...just like any other club.

Always felt like I had better control with a blade but liked the address better with a mallet. Found the best of both worlds in my 2-ball blade.

Have been contemplating the two ball blade, how's the feedback from it?

Back