2013 Lunar Control or TW13 Free?

theslflash689

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.3
I am trying to decide between the 2 shoes. I am currently playing last years lunar controls, and I absolutely love everything about them except for 1 thing: I don't feel as stable in this shoe as opposed to my previous Adidas innolux 2.0's. With last years model, I don't feel as confident shifting my weight forward and getting it to the outside of my front foot. I have rolled my ankle in them once, which has never happened to me while golfing. So basically looking for comfort and the best support/stability. Thanks!

Not even close. Have both and Lunars by a landslide.

Hahaha I knew what you'd say. I have both also and I'd say they are both very comfortable even when walking but I'd give the TW13 a slight edge just because they are lighter. But I do still wear my lunars a lot as well.

Gotta agree with this, the new Lunar Controls are extremely comfotable and stable, and shockingly light weight. They are great.

I love the newer lunars as I feel like they've improved on the 2011's by a lot, but I love the stability and improved balance in my TW's. I'm in the same boat looking at a pair of black shoes for this year and am a bit stumped. Ultimately, I'll probably end up with the TW's.

Hahaha I knew what you'd say. I have both also and I'd say they are both very comfortable even when walking but I'd give the TW13 a slight edge just because they are lighter. But I do still wear my lunars a lot as well.

You have the 2013 Lunars?

Easy! Lunar Controls!

Tapping away on my S3

I just did not like how the TW13s felt, but that's just me. Love the Lunar Controls

TW 13's all day man. I walked 36 holes in mine and didn't feel a thing. They feel like you're literally walking on a cloud. I can't really vouch for the lunars cause I only wore them around the store. But sure you can't go wrong either way. Go try them both and see which you like better. Usual the response I get lol

TW13's without hesitation. They just feel so much more different than other conventional golf shoes. Which IMO, the Lunars are (albeit, much comfier)

Just got back from the store. Tried both on in a variety of sizes... It just made it harder to decide! Haha

I think I am going to go with the TW13. Any sizing suggestions? I wear an 8.5 wide in my lunar controls, but 9.5m in most nike shoes. The 9wide felt good, but not sure if I should even go bigger with 9.5wide?

I think I am going to go with the TW13. Any sizing suggestions? I wear an 8.5 wide in my lunar controls, but 9.5m in most nike shoes. The 9wide felt good, but not sure if I should even go bigger with 9.5wide?

That seems like a big gap dude.. I'm nearly identical in Nike golf shoes vs nike running shoes.

Also, I would have said the Lunars -- Those shoes are amazing!!!

That seems like a big gap dude.. I'm nearly identical in Nike golf shoes vs nike running shoes.

Also, I would have said the Lunars -- Those shoes are amazing!!!

i think it's because I always had to get 9.5 to make up for the width. But with the wide sizes I am pretty sure my true size is a 9. Just seemed that the lunars ran a little large for me.

Anyone else on sizing?

Anyone else on sizing?

The lunar controls ran big for me. I usually wear an 11 in nike running shoes, and a 10 is perfect for me

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I dont own them but I lve tried them both n. I was a 10.5 in both and I normally wear a 10.5. Although the sz11 in the TW13 was prob a better fit

Tapping away on my S3

The lunar controls ran big for me. I usually wear an 11 in nike running shoes, and a 10 is perfect for me

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I found the same thing! Have you tried on the TW's? Would you say they run between the 2?

I found the same thing! Have you tried on the TW's? Would you say they run between the 2?

I don't honestly remember, I tried them on, but don't remember the size. I had already tried on the new Lunars and knew instantly the Lunars were a better fit. But it sounds like our feet are way different.

I don't honestly remember, I tried them on, but don't remember the size. I had already tried on the new Lunars and knew instantly the Lunars were a better fit. But it sounds like our feet are way different.

Yeah. From what I'm reading on the thread for this shoe it seems that it's safe to order 1/2 a size up from lunar controls. Thanks!

I bought my TW's true to size and have no problems. Most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn outside of the Ecco Biom Hyrbid (I had the lunar controls in 2010 and still do, they just ended up in 3rd).

I own both, and the TW13's run a .5 bigger for me.

I own both, and the TW13's run a .5 bigger for me.

thanks for the reassurance. I ordered a 9 wide, exactly a half size larger than my LC's

Back