SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

MY PHONE AND INTERNET FITTING

I have had two really good talks with my SPi instructor Chris Carfangia now and he has done some analysis of the V1 videos I uploaded to him. We have decided on a putter and he is calling in the order today. Here are some thoughts on the process so far:

First, if you haven’t read or just want a reminder of my putting background you can check that out in
my initial post. (Click HERE)

FIRST CALL

My first talk with Chris was great. I immediately felt comfortable with him and it was really easy to talk with him about my game. We discussed my golfing background, current state of my game, and SeeMore putters in general. I mentioned to him that if I actually spent as much time practicing my putting as I did on the rest of my game, I think that I would probably be a pretty darn good putter. I found his response to this pretty interesting…

“Well on of the reasons I love the SeeMore putters and their Rifle Scope Technology system, is that you don’t have to practice as much.” Now Chris, as he explained, was in no way advocating that players don’t need to practice putting when they have a SeeMore. They absolutely do. It’s just that with the SeeMore’s RST setup, a lot of the practicing is just built into how you have to use the putter. Every time you make a stroke and hide the dot, you are practicing, and it doesn’t take very long to get used to doing it. Chris feels that this takes a major part of putting out of the equation. You absolutely need to practice to get your feel, distance control, green reading in good form, but a good deal of your stroke and alignment problems can really be helped, simply by using the putter and hiding the dot.

We then talked a bit about my current putter, a 33” Boccieri H1-M. A center shafted mallet style putter, that I find myself struggling a bit with on longer putts (distance control) and mid-range putts (Pushing out right). At this point Chris talked to me a bit about the ‘Myth of face balanced putters’…which is probably best explained by just showing you this video

Myth of Face-Balanced Putters
Spoiler

I tested this out on my Boccieri. At impact, with the appropriate shaft lean, my face balanced mallet is very open to the target. My putter wants to push the ball out right, and it seems like a lot of the time I let it do just that. Chris explained to me that SeeMore putters are perfectly face-balanced at impact and that I should notice a big difference with the ease at which the putter head wants to come through the impact zone, square to the target.

At this point, Chris had already seen the videos that I uploaded to him using my phone and the V1 app.
For the most part he really like my stroke (woo-hoo) but knew there was definitely some changes we could make to improve things. Based on what he saw, he decided that he wanted to “get me off the mallet train” and back with a blade style putter. He factored in the fact that I like to see my iron shots move a little bit left to right (draw) and wanted to continue that feeling of rolling my hands over, or closing the face through impact with my putter.

Using a large mallet for the past few months had me mostly eyeing the SeeMore mallets and mid-mallets when I was selected for this testing, but I told Chris that I am committing 100% to his teaching and his ideas and philosophy make a lot of sense to me. So a blade it is! But which one…

Before moving on, it might be best if you check out the analyzed video of Chris checking out my putting stroke for the first time. I think this whole V1 system is pretty cool, and Chris has said to me that ANY time I have a question about my stroke I should send him a video. He also said that offer was good FOREVER and that I couldn’t send him too many videos even if I tried. I really do have a personal putting coach for the life of this putter and let me tell you, that feels pretty great.

Ok, so here’s the video. Quality isn’t the best (phone camera) and I shot it in my hallway but even with that it’s a great system that I am going to use a TON of going forward.

Analyzed V1 video
Spoiler
[video=youtube;Wmi1LY-PZ1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmi1LY-PZ1w[/video]

So for the record, I know that putt breaks toward the kitchen sink and I was playing it 1 measuring cup outside the fridge ALL THE WAY.

Overall and so far anyway, my checklist of changes looks something like this:

1. Grip out of the palm and more into the fingers (Jman has some really great pictures of this in his fitting post)
2. Move the ball back in my stance
3. keep the putter head low in the follow through
4. make sure to finish the arc on the way through

In the video you might have heard Chris mention the m1 and m2 as good options for me and this is what we were thinking of at first but after talking to Chris again this morning we ended up going in a slightly different direction.

THE PUTTER CHOICE

There is an order in at SeeMore for a beautiful new Gunmetal mFGP CS. 34.5” – 70*lie – Golf Pride Standard grip.

Sweet Beans! Chris said he looked over my videos a few more times and in the end really felt this would be the best putter for. He has seen a lot of people, with similar strokes to mine, have a lot of success with this putter. He even said that even though SeeMore keeps sending him new putters ( he has 45 at his club, 45!) he keeps going back to his FGP that he got over 7 years ago.

So there you have it…the putter is ordered and I cannot wait to get to work with it! As soon as the putter arrives Chris wants me to upload some videos to see if we need to make any changes and then its all systems go after that!

PS: I bet it’s going to look awesome in the 2012 THP putter cover I just ordered.

Nice job on that, Reki. I commend you on going with what Chris thinks is the best for you. Good luck in your journey!

Nice job on that, Reki. I commend you on going with what Chris thinks is the best for you. Good luck in your journey!
+1, great post Reki!

Awesome Reki. I ended up with the mFGP2 and love it. I was hoping for the m5x, but I too went with my fitter's suggestion...though I may buy the m5x just because. :alien:

Very solid reviews so far! Great job guys.

Wow dude, just wow. I felt like I was right there with you as I read through that. I am buying a seemore putter now, but only after I get fit for one. Amazing job dude can't wait to hear more about the putter.

Thanks man!

I need to get to a seemore fitter, awesome write ups guys

Gracias dd! DO IT, you'll be amazed...and a little scared too LOL

Jman, that was incredible man, so packed through with info I had to read several times and then re-evaluate my grip and stance in the middle. Going through the earlier SeeMore testing without an SPI instructor I started out well with the instruction we received, but can quickly tell through your post just how much I've slipped since that time. Your description of line and how you were actually cutting across the ball is very possibly what I am close to being back to, but should be an easy fix now that you explained this. I think the further that grip gets into your hand and off the fingers, the more you have to open your stance to control the path. I think it also leads to rounding over a bit more in the stance and I know I'm catching myself doing that.

I'm currently not the same with a flat stick as I was last year during this testing, but through everyones experience this time around I hope to get back there. Great job, keep it coming buddy!

Thanks buddy, you know your thoughts mean alot to me! Its amazing how much starts with the grip, I saw that ALOT on course today. I love that the system takes all those variables out in setup...its just getting used to it and making it second nature now.

That is really really good to hear. Like its almost a perfect size as far as the mallet goes. Did you get to roll it at all? What Im most curious about is how the insert feels on it. And you know what putter Im comparing it to.

I didn't dude, sorry! In hand holding it though it was impressive, and the full face inset looks slick.

This is awesome, properly awesome stuff from JMan, and that's only the start of the fittings!! Can't wait to catch up on the rest of the guys.

I don't know where to start. So awesome that you walked out with your own putter at the end of this, and got to sit in on the building process!

I'm intrigued by the longer length, and in particular, the backweighting. Really looking forward to your take on this.

Grip change, stance change and alignment change isn't really the most comfortable package to handle right out of the box, but I'm sure over time you'll putt better for it and I'm really looking forward to following along. Dang, I want a Seemore now!

Thanks Paulo! It'll take lots of time and reps, but I'll ingrain it.

I'll hit on the weight thing and what was done and why in the next write up for you buddy!!

These writeups have gotten me thinking and I already have a FGP that John fitted for me over the phone. It's amazing to get the inside look into this awesome hands on fitting process. Too bad the closest one for me is 3 hours away!!!

3 hours is what I drove each way! WORTH IT!!!

Great posts there Jman, you certainly have a perfect writing style for writing reviews. You truly make it feel like we are standing right there next to you at the fitting. Looking forward to your thoughts going forward. I know I'm more successful and more confident with a SeeMore in my hands.

Plus at 35-36" in the future it will be less work to get used putters off you! haha.

Thanks for the super kind words MF, I appreciate it alot man!

I hope I don't need as many putters anymore after this! LOL

Man Jman got me PUMPED for my fitting today! 5 hours and counting! I'm heading to the Reading Phillies game to keep my mind occupied till my fitting. I can't take the suspense anymore!

Bucky, I cannot wait to hear about it dude. Open mind man, just have an open mind!

Just read through the whole Jman experience. Damn. That was an phenomenal write-up and a phenomenal job by SPi with your fitting!

Thanks Ice!

Awesome write up JMan. The level of service you received on top of it was nothing short of world class too. I'm really looking forward to your results the next few months!

It really was first class, like I was special man, but I know they feel that way about ALL of their students! So freaking cool.

JMan, those writeups were AMAZING! As others have mentioned, I really want to go through the process myself now.

Thanks sir! It is eye opening for sure.

Man! Some fantastic stuff in this thread so far! Great stuff Reki, JMan, Freddie and others. Simply awesome. As a former SeeMore tester for THP, I know the excitement you guys are feeling and am happy for you. SeeMore is top notch.

TH, thanks buddy!

Reki
- Awesome dude, love the going all in with your SPi instructor, I think you'll LOVE the mfgp man.

I played 36 today, I'll likely have all that in a write up tomorrow as I'm plum tuckered out right now. Also going to try to shoot some pic's of old and new setup for it and a video of the medicine ball drill!

Thanks Hawk! I have never made a serious commitment to my putting, and really felt that putting my trust in Chris and the SeeMore 'method' was the best way to go. And really, i find every putter in
the mSeries line attractive for a variety of reasons...in the end there was no way I wouldnt be happy with his choice!

Awesome Reki. I ended up with the mFGP2 and love it. I was hoping for the m5x, but I too went with my fitter's suggestion...though I may buy the m5x just because. :alien:

I hear ya, MG. I havent even got their product in my hands but everything SeeMore has done for me so far on the service side of things just makes me want to give them my money!
...and that m5x would also be high on my list of 'just because'...

Rek good recap, glad to see you letting go to the process. Those video where interesting, I'm going to have to chat with Chan about thIs theory.

Edit: FedEx made an attempt to deliver the putter but I must have just missed him. I will sign for and have in hand tomorrow.

Wow I kinda get sad reading this thread. Can anyone use this V1 thing? I feel like my fitting was really laking now. I was basically told that for my posture I needed a 35" and 68*. Wasn't fitted this putter for the SeeMore stance so I may still have my poor posture do to the fact my putter was fit for that. Also I picked what putter I wanted. I really didn't have any input on what would be best for my stroke. I just really took a shot in the dark and am thinking I may have missed. The only putters my SPi guy had was a FGP, Big FGP, and Si4. Besides the FGP I wasn't remotely interested in any of them...

Rek good recap, glad to see you letting go to the process. Those video where interesting, I'm going to have to chat with Chan about thIs theory.

Edit: FedEx made an attempt to deliver the putter but I must have just missed him. I will sign for and have in hand tomorrow.

Thanks! Yea, id like to do a little more research into the face-balanced vs face-balanced at impact scenario. On the surface it certainly seems plausible that a putter that wants to sit open or closed at impact could be
a detriment to a person's putting vs one that naturally wants to sit square to the target. Now obviously, there are a lot of people that use face-balanced putters with great success, so at some point it comes down to the individual's stroke but the concept of "face-balanced at impact" is intriguing at the very least.

Im definitely going to do some side by side comparisons with all my putters vs the mFGP and will be looking to see if it feels different in anyway coming through the impact zone.

also...bummer you missed your putter today! I hate missing deliveries and im not sure I could handle missing the delivery of an mSeries putter. I might just take the whole day off of work they day mine is scheduled to arrive! hahah.

Great write up Rek, Love the videos. Look forward to reading the write ups.

The V1 vid looks like a great idea, and the guys at SeeMore really know their stuff. I'm looking into one when I get my bonus.

Wow I kinda get sad reading this thread. Can anyone use this V1 thing? I feel like my fitting was really laking now. I was basically told that for my posture I needed a 35" and 68*. Wasn't fitted this putter for the SeeMore stance so I may still have my poor posture do to the fact my putter was fit for that. Also I picked what putter I wanted. I really didn't have any input on what would be best for my stroke. I just really took a shot in the dark and am thinking I may have missed. The only putters my SPi guy had was a FGP, Big FGP, and Si4. Besides the FGP I wasn't remotely interested in any of them...

The V1 app is free to download on android and iOS devices if you just want to use it for personal use. To upload the video to an instructor, I had to purchase the 'Premium Locker' which cost me $4.99 on my android phone. There is then a 'SeeMore Puttlab' option available with a list of bunch of SPi intructors that you can send videos to.

I am not sure what the normal channels are for someone who has already bought a putter and would like access to an SPi instructor through V1...ill try and find that out and get back to you.

Thanks Rek. I'd appreciate that. Great right up. Keep up the good work to all the testers!

Got a very interesting and fruitful call from Ted Gallina of SeeMore putters this morning.:act-up: I'm preparing my post right now, don't want to leave anything out if I can help it.

Great write up RK! Much of what you described is very similar to what I discovered this morning, hint, hint.

June 27, 2012 Initial phone fitting, thoughts and results

I had a great conversation with Ted Gallina from SeeMore this morning. He began with a very thorough explanation of Rifle Scope Technology “RST”, the whole SeeMore putting philosophy, and how it all adds up to building a reliable, repeatable, putting stroke. We discussed the videos I sent in as they pertained to the fitting, and also about things that could be improved.

Ted explained how I make the same mistake as most other average golfers, in that I have a pronounced forward press at setup, and how that leads to just pushing at the ball with my hands. He also explained that I tend to hang on, not letting the putter head release naturally as it would with a correct setup. The end results of those two mistakes being that I often miss putts right, or in other words, push my putts to the right.

I described my putting game as “streaky” and Ted offered a great explanation for that as well. How he described it is that basically, because of my two main mistakes I tend to miss right, and on the days where everything seems to drop, it’s likely that I am just able to line up to left enough to make it work. Whereas on other days I’m likely to start lining up correctly and miss to the right, then start trying to compensate, which ends up as (obviously) a bad putting day. I already suspected that was the case, but it’s good to hear it from a putting expert. Not to mention, his description was far better than what I have written here just based off my memory.

I asked a question about putter weight because I putt better with a heavier putter. But I honestly can’t remember it well enough to recant it here so I’m going to send him an email with the same question again so I can post his reply. It was excellent though!

I told him of how I had already picked out three of the m series putters from the site that I would probably buy with getting any expert advice, and how I had already determined to go with whatever he suggested. Then I waited with bated breath for his suggestions. *not a mallet! Not a mallet! Not a mallet!* I had to laugh a bit when he recommended either the mFGP CS or the One CS, and then I explained that those were two of the three I picked. I think that goes to show that the online resources would definitely have gotten me very close. Plus I’ll admit I was relieved to hear that the putters which suited my eye, and with which I’m already familiar, were what he recommended--a win/win in my opinion. Looks may be outweighed by performance, but they still carry some weight.

Throughout the conversation Ted kept reemphasizing that I was a SeeMore customer for life and that he wanted me to call him anytime there was a problem, or even just for an update about how my putting is going. He wanted to make sure that I put his cell number in my phone, as well as his business number, so I would be able to reach him anytime. That caliber of customer service is just mind boggling to me, and not something I am used to.

And, as if that wasn’t enough to completely floor me, he mentioned that in addition to my going down there, he would likely come up here to give me a lesson or two this summer (maybe even schedule some demo days in this area). I’m honestly at a loss for words that could possibly describe how FLIPPIN AWESOME that is!

Online fitting results: Length: 33.5 inches Lie: 68 degrees

Phone fitting results (enhanced by submitting videos)

Spoiler

Here is the actual e-mail I received later with his recommendations as well as links to videos that describe much of what we talked about in more detail:

James,

I very much enjoyed talking to you this morning. Thank you for taking time out of your day to speak with me. As I said in my phone call you have "lifetime access" with SeeMore. Call or email us anytime when you have a question. We are here to help. Below are some great links to get you started and to refresh your memory on what we talk about it. Let me know if you have any questions on these.

"Tee Drill" - http://www.seemoreputtersblog.com/2012/01/myth-of-face-balanced-putters.html

Use of the Triangulator - http://www.seemore.com/technology/12/

Posture - http://www.seemore.com/technology/8/

Release of the Putter Head - http://www.seemore.com/technology/11/

Take a look above and let me know your thoughts.

I would also recommend a 34.5" / 70' - mFGP CS - Oversize Grip (http://www.seemore.com/products/category/accessories/grips/)

you choose head cover http://www.seemore.com/products/category/accessories/headcovers/and grip.

Looking forward to helping. Have a great day!!!
Ted

Ted Gallina
PGA Professional
SPi - Director of Instruction
SeeMore Putter Company

Edit: forgot to post the videos that I sent

Spoiler

It was kind of a toss-up between 34” and 34.5”, but Ted decided to go with 34.5” and just send an extra grip in case I later felt like it needed to be 34”. Once again my mind = blown by the attention to detail and customer service!

I have not sent the e-mail to Ted just yet, but I will order the mFGP CS gunmetal @ 34.5”/70* as he suggested with the blue OS Feeltec grip and the Blue head cover.
Spoiler

productimage-picture-mfgp-cs-gunmetal-162_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

productimage-picture-feel-tec-blue-oversize-grip-566_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg
productimage-picture-patent-leather-blue-head-cover-velcro-closure-683_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Last edited:
Reki - Great write up there, dude. Really enjoyed watching the V1 video analysis.

BBB - Same to you good sir, very nice write up.

The level of service and support you all are receiving is outstanding, truly sets an industry benchmark for how things "should be done". Absolutely top notch it seems.

Bam that was an awesome read. Talk about some killer customer service right there. I continue to be nothing short of impressed by these write ups with SeeMore. Im still in the process of getting my videos done for the V1 software so right now Im the hold up. I will get them done and uploaded for Mike to check out tomorrow though.

Awesome writeup BB. I mean awesome.

BBB, great stuff man.

SeeMore "gets it", that is an absolute truth. Nothing short of amazing customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little surprised at what you all have chosen so far. Don't take that as a negative, because it's absolutely not meant that way. It tells me you all are getting some really good advice and taking it to heart.

Great write-up BB. It might have been mentioned but I haven't had time to read all through the thread. Why did he recommend an oversized grip for you?

BBB... That was a great read! Awesome job.

Nice write-up tripleB! I felt like I was right there with you going through the process.

Back