Euro 2012 (Spoilers)

Of course Italy won in a PK shootout, that's what they do. Really looking forward to Portugal-Spain on Wednesday....Germany-Italy on Thursday, not so much.

England didn't deserve it at all today. Italy was clearly the better team in regulation even though it was 0-0 through the extra time as well.

I think England were unlucky not to get a penalty awarded with the Judo work going on ...against Terry in the Italian box...really what is that extra official doing...certainly not watching the match.....Interesting fact...the Portugese referee...married to an Italian ballerina......lol....still hand on heart the better team won.....but penalties are such a lottery.....come on Spain....want them to win now

Not sure i understand the english concept.
Frustrate the other team for 120 minutes, then lose in penalties because, well, thats what England does in penalties.

Big thanks for torturing our next opponents this long :)

So I've just seen a stat on twitter, the English player with the most completed passes (45) was...................

Joe Hart!!!! *shakes head

Tapped via tapatalk

Italy controlled the game last night and should have won it in normal time. England were poor and looked like they were playing for penalties from midway through the second half.

How cool was Pirlo's penalty? If that had gone wrong he would have looked really stupid.

SHeesh, the ENglish were boring to watch yesterday. Weird how the first 10 minutes of the match, they played completely different. The Italians will get mauled by Ze Germans. Although I could watch Pirlo play all day. Dude's good, real good. It's amazing how much he controls the game.

Wish I would have just watched the PKs... WASTE. OF. TIME.

Guess I am routing for the Germans now.

The first 30 minutes of this Spain-Portugal game has been quite entertaining, Portugal is showing good form.

The first 30 minutes of this Spain-Portugal game has been quite entertaining, Portugal is showing good form.

I know, I'm hoping the rest will be this good. I think I want Portugal to win. But I'm not sure they will.

Ronaldo would want a kick in the ear with all the complaining. Nice to see a ref letting the game flow

seems like portugal has the upper hand right now, with the exception of the one long ball by spain. should be a really exciting second half should this one end up 0-0.

Spain really doesn't have a good option up top with David Villa injured and not on the team. They can dominate in the middle of the pitch, but do they have someone to finish?

what does "off the boiler" mean?

Spain really doesn't have a good option up top with David Villa injured and not on the team. They can dominate in the middle of the pitch, but do they have someone to finish?

Lloriente is a really good striker. Not sure why Spain wont give him a look.

I'll admit that I am very out of the loop in terms of soccer. I watch it when its on, but I never go looking for it. But recently I have seen a lot of soccer coverage, and not much of it was positive.

I am talking mostly about the treatment (and portrayal in media) of Mario Balotelli.

Is racism really that prevalent in European/World football? Currently on ESPN's soccer page is: Russians being fined for racism, Spainards being fined for racism, and Germany being fined for Neo-Nazi flags. Toss in the Nasri rants and soccer is getting a lot of really bad publicity right now.

What gives?[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

I'll admit that I am very out of the loop in terms of soccer. I watch it when its on, but I never go looking for it. But recently I have seen a lot of soccer coverage, and not much of it was positive.

I am talking mostly about the treatment (and portrayal in media) of Mario Balotelli.

Is racism really that prevalent in European/World football? Currently on ESPN's soccer page is: Russians being fined for racism, Spainards being fined for racism, and Germany being fined for Neo-Nazi flags. Toss in the Nasri rants and soccer is getting a lot of really bad publicity right now.

What gives?

You should have seen how badly the people in England went after Ashley Young and Ashley Cole after they lost on Sunday to Italy. It was brutal. They are arresting people for racism over there.

You should have seen how badly the people in England went after Ashley Young and Ashley Cole after they lost on Sunday to Italy. It was brutal. They are arresting people for racism over there.

I guess I just don't understand why soccer brings this out in people?
For as much as Europe seems to have a negative views of Americans, they sure are doing a great job showcasing themselves.

I won't say that our sports are completely devoid of racism, but this is awful.

They certainly do but aren't using them.

Lloriente is a really good striker. Not sure why Spain wont give him a look.

Negredo is also on the team eh. I cannot believe they didn't take Soldado with them either. The guy is a goal scoring machine.

Lloriente is more a fox in the box striker. Terrible at link play but he's a target man that scores instead of just providing knockdowns. Spain isn't much of a crossing team though as a through ball team.
Negredo is really good at being involved in the link up play. Not as good of a finisher as Lloriente or Soldado though but probably a better option for the national team over anyone but Soldado.

Torres needs to pull his finger out both for club and country.

I can't believe that with all of the offensive talent on the field, this game is going to go to PKs.

I can't believe that with all of the offensive talent on the field, this game is going to go to PKs.
Pretty remarkable, really. Not the sort of game that is likely to change the mind of non-soccer fans.

Spain has looked the better team in this extra time. But PKs...anybody's game. So disappointed.

My gosh, Ronaldo doesn't even get to take a PK? Bad choice by the Portugal manager.

My gosh, Ronaldo doesn't even get to take a PK? Bad choice by the Portugal manager.

As if he had any say. Ronaldo wanted the glory of taking the 5th and winning kick. Hubris instead kicked him straight in the nuts.

That's like saying whomever the dutch national coach makes any choices while Sneidjer is on the team

I can't believe CR didn't take a PK. How horrible.

Portugal annoyes me. The last 10 minutes of extra time was a show by Spain. I have no idea why they weren't playing that well for the first 90 minutes. I am hoping that Germany beats Italy. I want to see some sort of attacking in the final.

Back