What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike 20XI-X. Felt "firm" off the driver and sounded like a gunshot, but hurried away screaming like a beaten chihuahua. Up close to the greens it checked up better than my e6 and wasn't any more difficult to control than the e6 on any other shot. For a comparison I pulled a Pro V1 and tried it and couldn't keep it from spinning off the surface of the earth. The 20XI-X does a good job of limiting side spin. If I had to play a tour level ball, it'd be this one I think.

I found a brand new Bridgestone B330-S near the 4th green the other day and I hate to leave a brand new ball lying around to rot so I put it in play. I played pretty poorly for me but it wasn't the ball's fault, the ball was fine. I might just have to buy a dozen and play them for a while to give it a better test.

Best deals are on eBay. I haven't looked for awhile but 90 balls were going for $56ish.

This. Usually Gamer v2s can be had for ~$10/dozen. Lower sometimes. Gotta keep an eye out.

started with a prov1x that i duffed into a pond on the shortest par3 on the course
i blame the highway noise on that one
then i played a cally diablo hx that i hooked into a pond on a long par4
finished with a cally hex black
all really good balls but my game was bad i couldnt really tell the diff between balls today

Played a prov1, 20-xi-s, and a srixon z-star. The Nike probably is the best compromise out of all 3. Great distance, good spin, and feels good on the putter. The prov1 is a great ball but I feel like I spin it to much and it hurts my game.

Played a 330 rx I liked the feel of the ball alot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Played Bridgestone e5. Whenever I don't have total control over my game, this is the ball that I go to. For some reason, e5 ball works better for my game when I am not on top of my game. When I play better, I change it to 330-rx.

but overall, play Bridgestone balls.

Used Nike's 20XI-X for the last two rounds. I like it, but at the moment I think my preference is the 20XI-S.

Still undecided between the Nike's and Z-Stars as to which is my favorite.

You guys make me wanna try the old Nike Tours....

Still really liking the 20XI-X, but I think I may be on average on the low end of compressing the ball. I may just be inconsistent lately. Not sure, but while I love pretty much all characteristics of this ball every now and then I have a shot that is mysteriously shorter than I would have expected. On the other hand, it's also occasionally a club longer than expected too. It is probably my swing, but it makes me feel better to say it's the ball!

Seriously though, I do love this ball. It's long and as straight as anything else. It performs well around the green, usually with a hop 'n' stop. Contrary to what others have reported, I find it to be a pretty durable ball. Not quite Srixon durable, but still very good.

Bought a sleeve of Titleist NXT Tours the other day and really liked the ball. Nice distance, felt reasonably soft coming off the club head, and seemed to have distance spin on the greens. I will consider a dozen of these the next time I buy balls.

Callaway Hex Black. Really happy with them. Straight off the tee (not as straight as the e6 but not bad). Fantastic around the greens and on approach shots. Actually took a chunk out of the green on a well struck 5 iron approach shot. I'm carrying these and e6's now.

Nike 20XI-X balls...straight off the tee and long...not enough spin for me though on the greens...wishing i had the tour b330 box in my trunk instead of the nike.

Taylormade Rocketballz, I really like the way it performs off the tee but the runout on iron shots is starting to annoy me. I had an eight iron shot that I hit fairly well and it hit the green and rolled twenty feet, uphill. Now I don't hit my irons sky-high but I would think an eight iron should stop faster than that.

Played 18 with the 2012 Bridgestone B330 and have to say I really liked it. I found the full swing characteristics to be very similar to the 2011 model, thats to say that I didnt really notice any difference when hitting them off the tee or approaches into the green. Where I found the biggest change was in chips and pitches around the green. There's just a little more bite which I was really looking for. I would love to see how they react when hitting a full wedge from the fairway, but I only found 2 of them yesterday. We'll try again today.

Played the Titleist Velocity ball and really liked it. It was very straight off the tee, felt a little hard but nothing unmanageable and was plenty long. The only downside is the green side spin or lack thereof. I have been playing the Cally Hex Chrome and comparatively the reduced spin was great for my game, all my shots were in the fairway and in much better position. I'd like to find a ball with the reduced spin off the driver and a little more check up on the green. Might try the Cally Hex Black after reading those reviews. Hard to argue with a $25 ball that is a fairway finder.

Nike 20XI-X balls...straight off the tee and long...not enough spin for me though on the greens...wishing i had the tour b330 box in my trunk instead of the nike.

Have you tried the 20XI-S? That and the Srixon Z-Star are a little less straight off the tee, but spin like champs on the green.

Played Bridgestone B330-RX on a 9 hole course yesterday. Very windy conditions due to that storm in the gulf of mexico.

The ball went pretty straight when I hit it well. On long to mid irons, it rolled out a bit. Short irons and wedge shots it was about what I expected. I was happy with it.

Played 2 balls, Wilson Staff FG Tour and Gamer V2. Really really liked the FG Tour. Going to play them both again next round to decide which ball i'm going to use the rest of the year.

TM Penta TP3--Didnt seem to spin anymore around the greens than a B.S. E6. If I dont play the 5 layer Penta it will probably be the E6 from now on.

Bridgestone E6 Yellow. Looks great on the tee box, fairway and green. Stands out pretty good in the rough too. It has a soft feel but, won't run back on the green. Checks up on full shots but will advance a bit. Seems to putt really well and has a nice sound off the Oddysey insert. It's by far the easiest ball to keep your eye on through your entire swing. Relaxing too.

Slazenger Raw @ $25 for 3 dozen I have no complaints.

Callaway Hex Tour Black. I loved it. It's definitely gonna be my go to ball.

Just picked up some penta tp5's and they felt great! I only have one round on them but so far i like alot

Just picked up some penta tp5's and they felt great! I only have one round on them but so far i like alot

I need to try these, my neighbor swears by these balls, but is too cheap to let me try one out lol

Went from the Laddie X (good cheap ball) to the Bridgestone E6 for the last couple of rounds. The E6 is a great ball for the price and actually stuck on the greens fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back