Cobra AMP cast vs forged irons?

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
I'm having a real hard time deciding which way I want to go and need some help, I'm not the best ball striker in the world but I'm getting better. I like the forgiveness the cast AMP's provide but I've also heard the forged version is also pretty forgiving. So I guess the questions I have are how much shorter are the forged vs the cast and which will provide me with a higher ball flight and the most spin? Oddly enough, I can get the forged for a cheaper price. As always, thanks for the help and advice.

The Forged with the KBS Tour shafts are a great set. If you can get them cheaper there is some value there for sure.
The Forged will be shorter due to the weaker, more traditional lofts...but I couldn't really say exactly how much shorter they will be.
I would imagine that the cast Amp's would launch higher due to a lower CG, esp. with the graphite shafts.

The Forged with the KBS Tour shafts are a great set. If you can get them cheaper there is some value there for sure.
The Forged will be shorter due to the weaker, more traditional lofts...but I couldn't really say exactly how much shorter they will be.
I would imagine that the cast Amp's would launch higher due to a lower CG, esp. with the graphite shafts.

Nailed it.

I'd go with the forgeds. There's forgiveness there, but in the long run they will be more beneficial.

THPing on Tapatalk

I've really liked the AMP Forged that I've hit, they offered more forgiveness than I thought I would get from a forged head, I'd give them both a shot and test them head to head.

Back