A few questions about lie angle

Max-4

Reaction score
Handicap
Let me first say that I understand what lie angle is and I know how it effects the direction of the shot. What I am uncertain about is which way the club needs to be bent if you are striking the board more to the toe of the club or more to the heel. Lets say I am striking the club on the board more towards the heel, which way do I need to bend the club to bring it back to center. I know the terms used are upright and flat, but by bending a club more upright is this just adding a few degrees towards 90 degrees which would be straight up and down. So if im hitting on the heel of the club should I be bending the lie more upright or flat?

Last edited:
Heel means you need the club flat(away from the grip) toe means you need upright(towards the grip)

You should bend your clubs flat.

^Siri probably sucks.

Good question - with strikes towards the heel, you would need the club bent flatter - how much more flat would be determined by how far off center the mark is.

Let me first say that I understand what lie angle is and I knoe how it effects the direction of the shot. What I am uncertain about is which way the club needs to be bent if you are striking the board more to the toe of the club or more to the heel. Lets say I am striking the club on the board more towards the heel, which way do I need to bend the club to bring it back to center. I know the terms used are upright and flat, but by bending a club more upright is this just adding a few degrees towards 90 degrees which would be straight up and down. So if im hitting on the heel of the club should I be bending the lie more upright or flat?

loftlieangle.jpg

Back