Do you hit the ball high enough?

I hit on the Launch Monitor in Orlando... my launch registered at 0.0

I know that driver shot. I never used to get the ball more than 20' up off the tee. With a bit of a draw it would run like a scared rabbit when it hit the fairway. All the big head clubs were a little low back then.

Now, I have to get more consistent with my new swing. If I catch it clean now its lower than it was last season because I'm not flipping my hands anymore.

This

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

EXACTLY! You can balloon a ball and still not hit it high enough. Ballooning has to do with spin, but if you can bring the spin down and launch it higher, you may get better results and a higher flight.

i get what you're saying, but if you saw me hit a 7i your jaw would be on the floor by how high i hit them. a little too high for my liking.

Have you ever been to a tour event dude?

I absolutely hit the ball high enough. Too high, actually. This year, I intend to make the necessary swing modifications to learn to play a knockdown game for the wind, but I don't really intend to change all that much.

I love my flight, with the exception of windy conditions. I get throttled by wind.

This sums me up as well. Playing Tour 90's two flexes too soft isn't helping the situation for me.

Yes I do. I hit all my clubs high, high , high! I hit the ball higher than all that I play with. Not sure how I do it but it is just my natural swing. Have played several times with people I do not know and they comment on how high I hit the ball. It lands very soft but I feel like I lose some good distance.

I want to be able to play a cut like you do!

It is a thing of beauty. I practiced your preshot routine today, the office manager was not impressed.

It is a thing of beauty. I practiced your preshot routine today, the office manager was not impressed.

What was that?

compared to those shots, i don't hit the ball high enough when i sky it.

But i'm no pro either, i'm not fit into the perfect shaft with the perfect head.

I kinda like a lower ball flight because Nebraska can get windy.

My ball flight is probably too high, to the point where I think it's affecting my distance, I'm going to keep working on lateral ball flight characteristics for now, and worry about my height later though.

My scoring irons/wedges do fly high like this, then drop and stop immediately....my 8i thru pw and all wedges fly like this, my others are more flat, and wish they were higher, the driver is very piercing also, and low to the ground

Dan

Yes I do. I hit all my clubs high, high , high! I hit the ball higher than all that I play with. Not sure how I do it but it is just my natural swing. Have played several times with people I do not know and they comment on how high I hit the ball. It lands very soft but I feel like I lose some good distance.

Personally if i had all the money in the world, I would fit every last club to maximize carry, I could care less if it stopped and stayed where it stopped, because that's distance i can count on.

I hit all shots lower than average. My flight is no where near the pros. Believe I move laterally too much in the down swing.

With that being said; My driver shots run like they stole something.....

"Eff You Ball" to the top of my lungs.

Did you pound it 300 after that? Because if that didn't impress him then it should have been " eff you boss'" hehe

I genuinely think many dont know what too high is, I was one for a long while.

I get them really high. I bet you do, Panama Red.

I hit the ball pretty high with my irons. But honestly I think I could even stand to hit it higher. With my driver, I think my flight is just about perfect. I like a nice high flight

Did you pound it 300 after that? Because if that didn't impress him then it should have been " eff you boss'" hehe

I might have if you count the "Texas Roll".

Boy, I felt like I did. Then I watched this video...

I do launch it high. Just as high as that. OG and others can attest.

I played with a guy a couple weeks ago who hit the ball a paltry 15' off the ground with his driver and said he was thrilled with his "mid ball flight". I didn't want to offend him or be a know-it-all but I politely stated that if his flight was any lower people would think he was gopher hunting, not golfing.

Back