Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons Preview

With as much as you take that 4iron off the tee, I could see you playing one of these quite well.

You are absolutely right, this is exactly what I've been looking for, the ball flight consistency of a iron with added forgiveness.

I really want to demo one of these as i am looking for a 4 iron replacement.

Does anyone know if these come with head covers?

Thanks for posting that Smalls...I had missed that video! Love the look of that club and can't wait to see if it works for me and my hybrid issues!

Anybody have their hands on one of these yet?

This thing is just so awesome. Many highspeed players, I know me, and Jrod too, need to play irons because hybrids put too much spin on the ball and the flight just gets erratic. But these look like they could bridge that awesomely.

Callaway just replied and no, they do not come with head covers.

I don't think these will be getting that dinged up like other hybos these look like all steel and more like an iron type than a hybrid. I know I can't wait to hit these.

I must have missed it but do we know what the stock shaft is?

I must have missed it but do we know what the stock shaft is?

Believe these are coming with PXi's stock like the new x-forged...going from memory so I could be wrong.

I have to say that you guys talking about this is making me want one really bad. And that swing tip in the video will be tried next time out.

I have to say that you guys talking about this is making me want one really bad. And that swing tip in the video will be tried next time out.
These are out in the stores now aren't they?

These are out in the stores now aren't they?

No...from the other site, release for the graphite version will be 12/21 (which, of course, might be a problem if the Mayans are correct); for steel it's 1/2.

Apparently there was an issue with a supplier.

Last edited:
Cool photo showing the guts of this club.

BAMvSSHCQAEnVg9.jpg:large

Thats a cool pic of the guts. I like seeing how things are made and how that translates to performance.

Wow great pic Mike. Love seeing the inside of clubs.

Strangely the utility iron isn't even being considered for MC bag!!!

Awesome picture, it makes it look like clay and you could just write your initials right into it!

Got a chance to check these out yesterday I didn't get a chance to hit them and they didn't have a shaft that would fit my swing but they look good. I def see one or 2 in my bag. They look really great the top line of the blade looks great and thin it almost looks like a players iron and a hybo behind it.
jume8y9u.jpg
aduju8aj.jpg
2etetyja.jpg

Back