Is Notah Begay the worst announcer you've ever heard?

I don't mind his work, but his name is what I react to. I think it's kind of funny it sounds like 'no to be[ing] gay.' But the best part is that the Begay family likes the 'no to' first name so much he is the third!

I don't think he is that bad. I just think it's new to him and he has to get his bearings. I like that he is somewhat just removed from playing so it's more fresh in his mind. I think he'll be just fine once he finds his niche!

I don't think he is that bad. I just think it's jew to him and he has to get his bearings. I like that he is somewhat just removed from playing so it's more fresh in his mind. I think he'll be just fine once he finds his niche!
auto correct coming through

Wow. Have to say I have not even noticed him! When I can next wrest the remote control from the war office and watch some golf, I'll pay attention!

I think he will be fine. He's a little green at this but I can see an improvement each week he does it. Give him some slack. I don't see the reason for complaining.

Notah doesnt exactly stand out but his claim to fame has mostly been being Tiger's buddy. At his worst though, he isnt any worse than Johnny Miller and his incoherent ramblings.

I don't mind him. He may not be as polished as some of the ones who have been around longer, but I like listening to the thoughts and views of recent players more so than someone who has been in the booth for a long time.

Listening to Notah lately.....he's come a long way! Glad to see him handling his own behind the camera

Listening to Notah lately.....he's come a long way! Glad to see him handling his own behind the camera

I agree Kev, he's coming along nicely and offers some good laid back insight into the world of Tiger, I love listening to him talk about their days in college. Notah is a good one.

The guy was new to game of TV work. Hell Frank looks lost at times. Norah will be fine. I'm glad he coming into his own

I agree Kev, he's coming along nicely and offers some good laid back insight into the world of Tiger, I love listening to him talk about their days in college. Notah is a good one.

One of my major issues with him however. This is all he brings. But that is on Golf Tiger Channel, rather than Notah.

I've enjoyed Notah. He really has come a long ways and I feel is one of the better guys out there. Still not at the top but making big strides. I hope they get him off the tiger train soon though.

I like Notah and would like to see him do more serious pieces with/like Jimmy Roberts does. I appreciate his Tiger insight, but feel he has a lot more to offer if they let him.

I like his golf course up near my hometown in NE KS....but as an announcer, he's ok. He HAS got better, but I'd rather listen to Judy Rankin or Dottie Pepper any day of the week (they are good).

I always separate the ex players from the professional trained broadcasters when evaluating. You have to cut the players some slack in terms of getting used to being in front of camera, etc...

Notah is a friendly guy so as he gets more experience he will be more effective. I think he will also expand his routine and analysis beyond being "Tigers buddy", if TGC will let that happen. As you know, so much of their "chatter" is scripted to slant the story they way the producers want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind Notah at all. I think he does a solid job and is working toward improving. Definitely a Tiger homer, but I wouldn't expect less, they're friends and have a long history together.

Notah is ok, lone is low key and has more to offer than just being Tiger's buddy. Berman is the worst golf announcer of all time. So glad he will no longer be part of the US Open broadcast.

Sorry, but Tim McCarver gets my vote here. It is hard to imagine hating any announcer in any sport more than him.

I really don't think he's that bad. Sure he's a one eyed TW fan but that's to be expected.

I like the guy ... wish he would have the mole from his nose removed, I always wonder if he sees it in his vision and its a distraction for me when I first see him each time, but I like the guy ...

Think he does a decent job. Agree with Tex that Berman is the worst out there. At least he's an American and I can understand him, speaking southern I have difficulty understanding a lot of the English announcers.

Knowing tiger is the only reason he has the job. He is terrible.

Back