LASIK Surgery Today

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone. I am going in this afternoon to get laser eye surgery done on both eyes. I am feeling a bit nervous and excited at the same time. While they do not guarantee that you will no longer need to wear glasses or contacts, that is the end goal. I went in for my pre-op yesterday and I am an ideal candidate for any kind of Lasik I choose. I chose the option which uses laser technology exclusively. It is safer and offers a much greater chance at achieving better than perfect vision. It is more expensive, though I am not messing around when it comes to my vision.

The downside is that I will not be able to golf for a week...and I just got a new driver! it is killing me, but it will hopefully be well worth the wait in the long run. I won't be allowed to be on the computer for the next few days either while I go through the initial healing process.

Here's hoping it all goes well and that I will be able to see my golf ball a little bit better next time out.

Congrats and definitely worth it! I had mine done about 12 years ago and still see 20/20. Worth every penny IMO and I would do it again without hesitation.

This was probably the best thing Ive ever done and a 3K well spent. Wearing glasses sucks. Not wearing glasses is awesome. The first year or two after you will see or notice strange little things with your eyes but in the end its a good thing. Simple and easy too.

Glad to hear you two got along so well with it. Comforting news indeed.

Good luck!! Didn't work out too well for my father, even though didn't make it worse didn't really make it better. Was really good for my stepmom. Good luck today's technology is great!

I had mine done in 2000, but in 2010 I went back to glasses because I couldn't see the golf ball land! I can still drive legally without glasses, but it's much clearer with.

I got to 20/25 in one eye and 20/30 in the other and am currently at 20/35 in the first eye and 20/50 in the other. Before the surgery, they didn't even mess with 20/something, it was all about how many diopters I was! I could see less than a foot before it started getting blurry. Coke bottle glasses, that was me!

Take in a VHS tape and/or a recordable DVD so they can video it for you.

Wish you luck and hope you have better results then myself. I wish i never did it

Good luck....had mine done in 2003 and it's the best money I've ever spent

Congrats, dude...and good luck! I can't wait to get mine done. Contacts paired with allergies make some rounds on the course a real pain in the arse.

Congrats and good Luck!! I have been thinking about doing this for years.

Good luck. I had mine done in 2000. It was the best thing I ever did. Glasses suck. I couldn't see the 'E' on the chart.

Congrats! Hope all goes well. I'd jump on this if not so expensive. I kind of need something covering this face anyway, lol.

It was the best thing I ever did. Glasses suck. I couldn't see the 'E' on the chart.

I went from 20/400 to 20/15 in 20 minutes :D

Yup, they 'over'corrected me. Not complaining. Now that I'm over 40, I'm getting the 'need a longer arm to read' syndrome.

My mom had it done a few years ago and she loves it. If/when my eyes start to go, I'll be having it done too.

Thats awesome! I had mine done in 2010 and its by far the best money Ive ever spent. Im now seeing 20/20.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Had laser eye surgery in 2004, it was one of the best things I ever decide to go. Don't worry, the procedure is fast. And by fast I mean each eye takes 60 seconds. I was in and out of the office in less than 40 minutes (including waiting and prep time). I wore glasses/contacts for over 15 years, it was a total pain with sports and everything else.

After surgery, my life has been much better :)

This was probably the best thing Ive ever done and a 3K well spent. Wearing glasses sucks. Not wearing glasses is awesome. The first year or two after you will see or notice strange little things with your eyes but in the end its a good thing. Simple and easy too.

What KMac said. I have night halos since my pupils dilate really wide but I have no regrets, 10 years later. from from 20/300 and 20/2xx to 20/20 and 20/15.

Funny story about my pupils - I guess they dilate so much wider than normal eyes that the nurses called each other over to check them out both times I had the surgery. I'm special!

I've wanted to do this for a while. I've worn contacts since 6th or 7th grade and am practically blind without them. The idea of someone messing with my eyes makes me nervous though.

What KMac said. I have night halos since my pupils dilate really wide but I have no regrets, 10 years later. from from 20/300 and 20/2xx to 20/20 and 20/15.

Funny story about my pupils - I guess they dilate so much wider than normal eyes that the nurses called each other over to check them out both times I had the surgery. I'm special!
Both times? Did you have one done and then the other one later? I just did both at the same time.

I had the problem with the halos too, but it wasn't too big a deal to me. WHat I found that helped was wearing the yellow tinted sunglasses at night. It helped brighten the night up so my pupils didn't dilate as much. My friend's glasses (he has them for astigmatism (no power to them) helped too.

Both times? Did you have one done and then the other one later? I just did both at the same time.

I had the problem with the halos too, but it wasn't too big a deal to me. WHat I found that helped was wearing the yellow tinted sunglasses at night. It helped brighten the night up so my pupils didn't dilate as much. My friend's glasses (he has them for astigmatism (no power to them) helped too.

What are these yellow tinted sunglasses you speak of? Got a brand or maybe a link?

What are these yellow tinted sunglasses you speak of? Got a brand or maybe a link?

I think they are hunting glasses? I got them at WalMart in the hunting department. I believe it was my eye doctor who did the surgery who told me to use yellow lenses.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/sports/shooting.htm

Here's the part you need:

How To Choose the Right Lenses for Shooting Glasses
Lens tints also can be a factor in the performance of shooting glasses. Many shooters are comfortable in lenses that are yellow or orange. Lenses in these hues block haze and blue light and enhance the orange color of the target. The brighter yellow the lens color is, the better it is for use in low contrast and near-dark conditions.

Smallville, you mean these ones? You homie, you!

aliG1.jpg

booyakasha.jpg

Lasik is done and was money well spent. In less than 18 hours I had 20/20 vision in they only expect it to get better. First day was a bit painful/uncomfortable, but after that it was fantastic. Lots of drops, sunglasses for a couple more days and no golf for 5 more days. After that, it is smooth sailing.

Lasik is done and was money well spent. In less than 18 hours I had 20/20 vision in they only expect it to get better. First day was a bit painful/uncomfortable, but after that it was fantastic. Lots of drops, sunglasses for a couple more days and no golf for 5 more days. After that, it is smooth sailing.

Congrats! I need to look more seriously into this though I may be too old with too crappy of eyes.

Back