How do Tiger and Phil Make Their Millions?

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
The annual 'Fortunate 50' list from Si.com just came out and Phil is #2 and Tiger is #3 (both behind boxer Floyd Mayweather) on the American side of the list. Figures are based on 2011 calendar year for winnings and endorsement figures are based on 2012 calendar year.

Here's breakdown of what Tiger and Phil make:

Tiger:
Salary/Winnings- $1,940,328
Endorsements- $54,500,000
Total- $56,440,238

Phil:
Salary/Winnings- $3,763,488
Endorsements- $57,000,000
Total- $60,763,488

straight cash homey

They apparently play the Greenbrier a lot.

I saw this a few years ago and was startled. I love bringing this up when my friends say dumb things about "why would you play golf" I just tell them, whos the number 2 and 3 highest payed athletes? They also need a little enlightening before they give up on Lebron or Peyton.

Looks about right to me. It's crazy that for professional athletes, playing the sport is not even the primary source of income anymore.

I saw this a few years ago and was startled. I love bringing this up when my friends say dumb things about "why would you play golf" I just tell them, whos the number 2 and 3 highest payed athletes? They also need a little enlightening before they give up on Lebron or Peyton.

By that logic, I suppose you are training to be a boxer too right? :D

That seems crazy high to me for some reason.

The interesting thing is that there's only 1 woman mentioned in either the American or International list and that's Maria Sharapova ($26m).....no female golfers yet which is odd. I thought Michelle Wei or Paula Creamer would make one of the lists with all of their endoresements but I guess not

Mayweather....2 fights...$85 million...thts crazy

Holy cow that's a lot of money.

*Goes to practice golf/boxing*

Someone find what Michael Schumacher was making in his heyday. I'm almost certain he is the highest paid athlete of all time.

I bet if they made a list of the "top 50 athletes to go broke who are currently on the top 50 grossing list", Money Maywether would lead that as well.

John Deere Tap'n

and Tiger had a down year right?:bulgy-eyes:

Yes I was just going to bring up Michael Schumacher. It was over 100 mill for a few seasons i believe.

Mayweather could be there with a Paquiao fight, but that's not the discussion.

Someone find what Michael Schumacher was making in his heyday. I'm almost certain he is the highest paid athlete of all time.

I remember seeing that list at some point and Tiger was ahead.

John Deere Tap'n

Insane amount of $$$ right there. I love seeing 2 golfers up there #2 and #3 though. Very cool.

I'd be more interesting in a "what do they actually get to pocket" list. I'm sure agents, caddies, partnerships, taxes, etc etch away at those totals.

My father in-law was in a real estate class that was talking about finances. They asked the group who would want a million dollars in taxes. He was the only one who raised his hand. When the speaker asked him why he said "because if I owe that much in taxes I must have made 4 million in income".

So I'm sure at the end of the day they get to keep alot but I'm curious.

I just need to work on my product endorsement. Sure does pay a lot... :bulgy-eyes:

I knew their endorsements were large, but that is crazy money just to push a product, is there anyway to know how that endorsement is broke up between companies?

I don't know the breakdown but I'm willing to bet the top ones are Nike, Tag, and EA Sports

I knew their endorsements were large, but that is crazy money just to push a product, is there anyway to know how that endorsement is broke up between companies?

Back