• Total voters

bigtazz53

@bigtazzGOLF
Reaction score
Handicap
13.3 GHIN
Curious what grip you use an why.

Figured out last year for my best results
I'll use a strong grip with my driver (to counter the fade/slice) and a neutral grip with everything else.
I'd forgotten this with the last few rounds ,but figured it out yesterday what I was doing wrong.
Started finding fairways off the tee again, oh what a feeling that was.

Pretty much neutral all the time unless I'm in that big slice mode.

Now I'm always using a strong grip because my hands get too fast and can't close the club face. I'm going to get help though.

I'll use a strong grip with my driver (to counter the fade/slice) and a neutral grip with everything else.
I'd forgotten this with the last few rounds ,but figured it out yesterday what I was doing wrong.

I use both a weak grip and a strong grip depending on the shot.

I had a weak grip for a while but changed up to a much stronger grip trying to fix my slice & it's helped a bunch. I use the same grip for everything except putting.

I use a strong grip at the recommendation of my golftec instructor, I was neutral before then but was told I'd have more power and consistency by strengthing my grip.

My grip is neutral to the best of my knowledge. I think it gives me the most options for hitting shots.

My grip is just a tad on the strong side for most shots. If I'm trying to shape my shot though I'll adjust it a bit.

My left hand is always neutral, but my right is usually strong. I try to remain neutral, but it never lasts long before I go back because it feels weird and I lose consistency. I've gone as long as a month with it neutral, but eventually get frustrated and go back.

Strong on both hands, for some reason it helps keep me on plane

I can snap hook shots. So strong grips are nightmares. I play a neutral grip. The crease from my left thumb and pointer finger point at my shoulder. Or a two knuckle grip.

I used to have a fairly strong grip and it has become more neutral over time.

I grew up with a strong grip so I never bothered to change what I am most comfortable with

Currently trying to adjust from a strong grip to a more neutral one. My reliable error is a pull when swinging irons harder.

A bit weak for the standard cubs, left hand low on the flat stick.

THPing on Tapatalk

Strong grip. Partly due to left wrist/thumb issues. Works for me!

pretty strong, which was suggested by my teacher, because I was slicing it really badly when I started working with him. Now I've gotten to the point where my miss is a big pull, so I may need to reevaluate.

Neutral for me, I think it allows me to control the left to right ball flight better than weak or strong.

Two to three knuckles left and keep my right a little weaker. I have a tendency to get my right hand so strong (under the club) I have problems releasing the club and closing the face and I hit pushes when that happens. I am working on that right now as we are working on my release in my lessons.

Can I ask what everyone considers a strong, neutral and weak grip?

I had a big issue that I was rolling my wrist on the takeaway so at the top my club face was wide open. An instructor took one look and had me strenghten my grip and that was an instant fix. Played with a strong grip for about a year and a half then suddenly started hitting really really big draws so now I am back to neutral and everything is going great.

Neutral to strong. Try to stay more to the strong side but I tend to lose focus and revert back to neutral.

Neutral thanks to Golf Tec they are breaking down my swing and I am already seeing the benefits. I was using a very strong grip.

Neutral interlock for me. I just hold the club in a way that feels natural and comfortable.

When I have trouble it's the first thing I look at. I sometimes tend to weaken my right hand unconsciously which can turn my stock fade into a slice, especially with the longer clubs. I'm particularly aware of it when hitting driver with a left to right wind.

Two knuckles for me.

Back