Carry bag question

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
I was lucky enough to get a great deal on a bridgestone carry bag from a thper. I'm running into a slight issue and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

After a round of walking I have a big rash under both arms from the straps of the carry bag. I've tried tightening it, loosening it, nothing works. The only way it has worked it for me to pull both straps while walking in front of my body, it raises the bag and releases the attention.

Hard to explain, so I apologize if this makes no sense but does anyone have any ideas to alleviate this?

Not sure how to fix the straps but since the problem keeps coming back I would pick up a stick of body glide and use it when you play. I use it every time run and it keeps me from chafing so I would think it would at least help you from becoming raw under your arms.

Not sure how to fix the straps but since the problem keeps coming back I would pick up a stick of body glide and use it when you play. I use it every time run and it keeps me from chafing so I would think it would at least help you from becoming raw under your arms.

Noted...my wife said I need those pads they use for kids carseats hoping there is an easier fix

Get a ClicGear? Lol just kidding.

I'm not sure I fully understand...is it rubbing your ribs area?

Maybe a towel on the spot it rubs?

Get a ClicGear? Lol just kidding.

I'm not sure I fully understand...is it rubbing your ribs area?

Yeah underneath armpits both sides

I know you said you have adjusted the straps "tight and loose", but what about bag position? If I understand what is happening, it sounds like the bag may be too high. With a lower bag position, the strap that is causing the raw spot may be slung a little lower thereby reducing the irritation.

Make sense? Play with it a little and focus on bag position and where the under arm strap is going. I bet you find the sweet spot that way. Maybe post up some pics if nothing is working and somebody may see something.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

J.

I know you said you have adjusted the straps "tight and loose", but what about bag position? If I understand what is happening, it sounds like the bag may be too high. With a lower bag position, the strap that is causing the raw spot may be slung a little lower thereby reducing the irritation.

Make sense? Play with it a little and focus on bag position and where the under arm strap is going. I bet you find the sweet spot that way. Maybe post up some pics if nothing is working and somebody may see something.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

J.

That's exactly what I think needs done, bag needs to be higher, didn't even know that was an option will have to look into that better

I will second the idea for body glide. Also, the bag height may be doing this. Can you raise/lower the bag itself, as opposed to the straps on your arms?

Dan

edit: above post beat me to the bag height idea.

I will second the idea for body glide. Also, the bag height may be doing this. Can you raise/lower the bag itself, as opposed to the straps on your arms?

Dan

edit: above post beat me to the bag height idea.

Gonna mess with it tonight, theres traps all over the places on this thing, I gotta think one will move the bag height

stupid question here, but does it matter what type of shirt you are wearing material wise? I know in the past I've some issues with different materials. Also the body glide idea isn't a bad one.

Gonna mess with it tonight, theres traps all over the places on this thing, I gotta think one will move the bag height

Have someone help you by lifting the bag to the place and angle you want it (should be resting on your lower back/top of butt). Then do the adjustments, and contrary to what we usually think, tighter straps under arms will actually pull it away from your underarms more.

stupid question here, but does it matter what type of shirt you are wearing material wise? I know in the past I've some issues with different materials. Also the body glide idea isn't a bad one.

beats me, Im 3 for 3 getting the rash, 1 time was short sleeve, the other 2 was a long tee shirt under a short sleeve and still got it

will definitely have to adjust this puppy

it's clear you need the staff bag

I think whoever gave you the deal on said bag needs to come in here and explain themselves.

Oh, wait...

I think whoever gave you the deal on said bag needs to come in here and explain themselves.

Oh, wait...

where did you rub those straps before you shipped it out? MD is getting all sorts of rashes because of you.

think how many more calories you will burn

lol, will sweat out a ton more im guessing. Especially if I can weigh it down

Mike, I used to have exact same problem. For me it was bag position. Once I got the bag sitting high, up to the small of my back, the rash stopped....I wish I could tell you how to adjust the straps, but after looking puzzled at the bag for ten minutes, a buddy with an engineering degree pushed me out of the way and fixed it for me....
bonus, the bag will feel much lighter once you have it in the right spot!

Mike, I used to have exact same problem. For me it was bag position. Once I got the bag sitting high, up to the small of my back, the rash stopped....I wish I could tell you how to adjust the straps, but after looking puzzled at the bag for ten minutes, a buddy with an engineering degree pushed me out of the way and fixed it for me....
bonus, the bag will feel much lighter once you have it in the right spot!

lol, I do know a few engineers, and thats good about the bag feeling lighter, a friend of mine commented that it felt heavy when he tried it on and I really didnt have anything extra in it.

I was lucky enough to get a great deal on a bridgestone carry bag from a thper. I'm running into a slight issue and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

After a round of walking I have a big rash under both arms from the straps of the carry bag. I've tried tightening it, loosening it, nothing works. The only way it has worked it for me to pull both straps while walking in front of my body, it raises the bag and releases the attention.

Hard to explain, so I apologize if this makes no sense but does anyone have any ideas to alleviate this?

get a clic gear! :alien:

I have that exact bag, carry it a ton and never had an issue like this. I at times have it really weighed down.. Almost sounds like you have the the front of the straps to short and the padded part is getting in under your arms. I'll have to look at mine again, but I'm pretty sure that my front adjustment straps are maxed out as long as I can get them and then I just play around with them till i get it comfortable. That will get the bag lower on your back, but you can adjust that around as well. My Twitter avatar is me carrying my bag from behind so you can see how it sits and where it sits. If you want me to take any pictures with it on my shoulders let me know and I can text them to you...

Back