Your grip and why?

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As a Callaway staffer, we have choices primarily between GolfPride, Lamkin and Winn grips.

What grip do you play, and why did you pick it?

I have lamkin REL 3gen's on all of my clubs except for my driver. I picked them because I like the way that they feel, they are reasonably priced, come in some sweet colors, and Lamkin supports THP. I've had golf pride on everything else before my current set of clubs. I will rarely go with winn because I do not like the spine on the back of the grip.

I've used the Winn DriTac's this season and loved them. Very tacky even when wet.

A mixture of OEM grips (assuming GP TV's), Lamkin Performance Plus and Lamkin ACE Crosslines.

Picked the PP's because I'd used them on wedges, liked the tack, and liked the color. Moving to the Crosslines because they offer more tack.

Lots of trial and error.

GP NDMC Whiteouts because traction is better than anyone else.

I use PURE grips because they are awesome and so easy to install.

Out of your options, I think I'd go with NDMC.

THPing on Tapatalk

I'm still using the same Golf Pride Victory grips that I've been using since the mid 1970's. My supply will run out someday, and then I'll be forced to change, but until then, I'm sticking with these as I'm so use to the feel of them.

AVictoryGrips.jpg

I am going with the Golf Pride Z Grips this year. I have been a tour velvet guy for a while but need something that will do a better job in the humid conditions that we will see in Myrtle Beach.

I'm still using the same Golf Pride Victory grips that I've been using since the mid 1970's. My supply will run out someday, and then I'll be forced to change, but until then, I'm sticking with these as I'm so use to the feel of them.

AVictoryGrips.jpg

I have seriously considered hitting ebay for some of these...I used them for 30 years and miss the alignment marks lol

In my opinion, the Lamkin REL 3Gens are fantastic. They have a tremendous feel at impact. I actually never thought that gripes made that big of a deal until I switched to the 3Gens.

I have been playing the Lamkin REL's and I have really liked them. I originally switched because I liked the color, and just went with my second set to start this season. I have previously played both GP and Winn, and liked aspects of both, so I don't think you can go wrong.

I went to Winn Dri-Tac midsize wraps last year. I just like how soft they feel and going to a midsize seems to be a little easier on my beginnings of arthritis. With the OEM Tour Velvets that were on them, I always felt like I was gripping them too tight.

I play golf prides, mostly because I always have, but for my MC bag I'm going all GP Zgrip cords due to the conditions in Myrtyle and here at home!

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G, just the best overall feeling grip for me. I tried Pure P2's but they aren't comparable to GP Tour Wraps!

I am going with the Golf Pride Z Grips this year. I have been a tour velvet guy for a while but need something that will do a better job in the humid conditions that we will see in Myrtle Beach.

+1. I had these put on a few clubs at a demo day by the Golf Pride rep, buy three get one free, and they are great for the humid conditions down here in Florida.

Golf Pride Z Chord.

Love the firmness and the rough. Texture of the grip is also something I enjoy.

Wade - I know Nashville is not a low humidity area, but one thing to keep in mind is that Myrtle Beach will be brutal temp and humidity in August, so you're going to want as much tackiness/friction you can get in a grip. All three companies have website fitting where it will suggest a grip based on the characteristics you are looking for.

Personally, I transitioned from using Winns to Golf Pride NDMC during the Morgan Cup in Orlando. The NDMC are certainly rougher on the hands, but when I play with a softer grip like the Winn's I think my grip pressure gets too high. As kind of a middle ground, I've gone with the Golf Pride Niions this year (Lamkin 3Gen would be similar, but a bit firmer in my opinion).

Winn- Dritacs for me. they feel great and stay tacky all the time. Only downside is they wear out pretty quick

I'm playing the Lamkin REL 3Gen grips on my irons and hybrid right now and I love them. They are very tacky and have a excellent comforting feel to your hands on them:) I think a lot of golfers are putting these into play.

Have been with Lamkin for a couple of seasons and in the process of moving the clubs over to the Lamkin Ace Crossline. Personally I love the feel of them and how they have handle the multiple seasons of Western New York.

GP tour wraps, I like the feel and looks. They are also the first non stock grips I've played.

I have GP Tour Velvets on the irons and wedges, but NDMC on the woods for a little extra grip.

I like that thought process Eric! I will probably end up doing the same although I love my Pure grips.

Back