gcruz86

Reaction score
I found my very first putter, an odyssey 1100 dfx putter. It still looks pretty good and still felt pretty good. I was thinking of taking it to golf galaxy and have it fit for me (bought it off the internet 8 years ago). Would it be worth it?

Do you know how much it'll cost? What are you looking for them to fit you for? Just lenght or lie angle as well?

I found my very first putter, an odyssey 1100 dfx putter. It still looks pretty good and still felt pretty good. I was thinking of taking it to golf galaxy and have it fit for me (bought it off the internet 8 years ago). Would it be worth it?

If you are sure it is the one for you and it is the right putter for your stroke, it is a good idea to have it be correct for you, length and lie wise. What you need to find out is what type of stroke you have, either straight, slight arc or a strong arc.

Thanks guys. I found out that it just isn't cost effective. I'd be better off just getting a new one.

Well heck, DA Points won the Shell Houston Open using his mother's putter he took when he was 11. Anything is possible

Well, actually, I put this putter in play today. Best putting I've had in a while leading to my lowest score yet. I'm definitely keeping this in the bag for now. The only thing I may change on this one is the grip. It felt a little bit on the skinny side.

Reading this thread made me realize that Im probably using the wrong putter for my self.
I need to get fitted now!

Thanks guys. I found out that it just isn't cost effective. I'd be better off just getting a new one.

Shouldn't cost you much at all. Even with re-gripping you should be around $15 plus cost of grip for that, length, and lie adjustment.

Back